|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aristotle believes that the evil of selfishness is self-service taken what?
(a) Beyond sensible limitations.
(b) Beyond the family.
(c) Beyond reason.
(d) Beyond economics.
2. Aristotle says that a ______ state will have everyone recognizing that it is in his best interests to work with the state.
3. Aristotle says that the most important factor is that the _______ supports the style of government.
4. Aristotle believes that there are ________ underpinnings to the city-state in practice.
5. In oligarchies, what is the group that needs special protections?
(a) The women.
(b) The middle-class.
(c) The poor.
(d) The children.
6. Aristotle says that a judicial system is one arm of the government of every state. He calls the judicial system what?
7. Aristotle says that a lack of what, is the primary source of changes within a state's constitution?
8. Aristotle says there should be a court set up, specifically, to deal with what?
9. Aristotle believes that a good monarch is not above what?
(a) The will of the people.
(b) The law.
(c) The failure of self.
(d) The promise of power.
10. Aristotle wants people to cultivate the skill of playing instruments and what?
(a) Accompanying singers.
(c) Creating lyrics.
(d) Writing music.
11. What is the term Aristotle gives for a government that has a sovereign rule of one?
12. Aristotle says that marriage needs to take what into account?
(c) Social status.
13. What kind of musical method is Aristotle in favor of?
14. Oligarchies, according to Aristotle, believe that inequalities of wealth indicate what?
(a) That the poor are better off without anything.
(b) Equality in other areas.
(c) Universal inequalities.
(d) Inequality in social standing.
15. In an oligarchy, Aristotle believes that there are normally what type of requirements on citizenship privileges?
Short Answer Questions
1. In educating children, Aristotle believes in a certain amount of what?
2. Aristotle believes that poor and middle-class politicians should be what?
3. Aristotle urges that kingship be granted on virtues of birth and what?
4. Aristotle says that the Lacedaemonians have a form of communal care for the young, which is called what?
5. According to Aristotle, what kinds of attitudes lead to factions?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)