|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aristotle thinks that the constitution of the Lacedaemonians is what?
(c) Well thought out.
2. Aristotle defines the second sign of social and political liberty as what?
(a) Speaking in the manner one chooses.
(b) Living in the manner one chooses.
(c) Moving around in the manner one chooses.
(d) Educating one's children in the manner one chooses.
3. Aristotle says that factions emerge from a desire for what?
(c) More rights.
4. Aristotle says that a lack of what, is the primary source of changes within a state's constitution?
5. A constitution's effectiveness is actually limited by what, according to Aristotle?
6. Aristotle urges that kingship be granted on virtues of birth and what?
(b) Social status.
7. For Aristotle, a segment of the population is given what term?
(c) Interest group.
8. Aristotle says that a government will have problems when more of its people are interested in profit than in what?
9. An agrarian state is one that does what?
(a) Produces agriculture.
(b) Exclusively manufactures agriculture.
(c) Exports agriculture.
(d) Produces cattle and livestock.
10. Aristotle says that a ______ state will have everyone recognizing that it is in his best interests to work with the state.
11. Aristotle says that there can be problems when more of the citizens are attracted to profit than to what?
12. Aristotle says that it is important to treat those who will be soldiers for the state how?
(a) With enough education.
(b) With enough money.
(c) With respect.
(d) With enough property.
13. What kind of land does Aristotle think is best for a democracy?
(a) Mountainous, rocky lands.
(b) River and marsh lands.
(c) Harbor lands.
(d) Open, flat lands.
14. Music is one of the arts which what kind of time is intended to produce?
(a) School time.
(b) Family time.
(c) Leisure time.
(d) Play time.
15. Aristotle says that those greatest in virtue, regardless of all else, should do what?
(a) Be the rich.
(b) Learn to be leaders.
(c) Be judges.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aristotle wants people to cultivate the skill of playing instruments and what?
2. Aristotle says that when the people are close to equal, the education system needs to be designed so that the ruled can do what?
3. Aristotle believes that the evil of selfishness is self-service taken what?
4. Education should be organized on a great scale so that the children can be prepared for life in ways that what?
5. Aristotle says that a professional musician is like a what?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)