|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leisure is closely related to the development of virtues and what?
(a) Civic duties.
2. Aristotle believes that poor and middle-class politicians should be what?
(d) Not allowed.
3. According to Aristotle, what kinds of attitudes lead to factions?
4. Aristotle says that when the people are close to equal, the education system needs to be designed so that the ruled can do what?
(a) Develop a sense of civic duty.
(b) Develop into rulers.
(c) Develop their talents.
(d) Develop into military men.
5. According to Aristotle, what will be greatest amongst those of superior intellect and character?
6. Aristotle says that a ______ state will have everyone recognizing that it is in his best interests to work with the state.
7. Aristotle says that kings and tyrants are what?
8. What is the term Aristotle gives for a government that has a sovereign rule of one?
9. Aristotle believes that there are ________ underpinnings to the city-state in practice.
10. Aristotle says that some education systems have a tendency to make students less what?
11. Aristotle believes that a good monarch is not above what?
(a) The law.
(b) The promise of power.
(c) The failure of self.
(d) The will of the people.
12. The lay of the land and the type of government have a direct influence on what military aspect of a city-state?
13. Education should be organized on a great scale so that the children can be prepared for life in ways that what?
(a) Their parents might not have seen.
(b) They might never have cared about.
(c) They might never have thought of.
(d) Their parents might not want them to be.
14. Aristotle says that trouble arises within a state when people who deserve _______ are denied them.
15. Aristotle says that the most important factor is that the _______ supports the style of government.
Short Answer Questions
1. For Aristotle, a segment of the population is given what term?
2. Aristotle says that a judicial system is one arm of the government of every state. He calls the judicial system what?
3. Music is one of the arts which what kind of time is intended to produce?
4. Reason, habituation, and what, form a triplicate of forces available to every man?
5. Aristotle says that it is important to treat those who will be soldiers for the state how?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)