|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is defined as things for rest and relaxation but does not make a good end in itself?
(a) Family time.
2. Aristotle says that those greatest in virtue, regardless of all else, should do what?
(a) Learn to be leaders.
(b) Be the rich.
(c) Be judges.
3. Aristotle says that it is important to treat those who will be soldiers for the state how?
(a) With enough education.
(b) With respect.
(c) With enough money.
(d) With enough property.
4. According to Aristotle, what kinds of attitudes lead to factions?
5. Aristotle believes that a good monarch is not above what?
(a) The law.
(b) The promise of power.
(c) The will of the people.
(d) The failure of self.
6. Aristotle believes that what resources is important to the location, protection, and defense of the city?
7. What does Aristotle want in the city center?
(a) The baths.
(b) A temple.
(c) An attractive marketplace.
(d) An academy.
8. Aristotle says that the longest lasting and most effective kings are those whose authority is what?
(a) Categorically tightly restricted.
(b) Categorically given.
(c) Categorically denied.
(d) Categorically boundless.
9. Aristotle says that changing the economics of a state means that what has to change?
(a) Political elite.
(d) Rule of law.
10. In educating children, Aristotle believes in a certain amount of what?
(a) Learning by rote.
(c) Physical discipline.
(d) Learning by doing.
11. Aristotle says that the most important factor is that the _______ supports the style of government.
12. Aristotle says that the Lacedaemonians have a form of communal care for the young, which is called what?
(a) Child care.
(b) Child rearing.
(c) Public education.
(d) Public raising.
13. Education should be organized on a great scale so that the children can be prepared for life in ways that what?
(a) Their parents might not want them to be.
(b) They might never have thought of.
(c) They might never have cared about.
(d) Their parents might not have seen.
14. Aristotle says that kings and tyrants are what?
15. An agrarian state is one that does what?
(a) Produces agriculture.
(b) Produces cattle and livestock.
(c) Exclusively manufactures agriculture.
(d) Exports agriculture.
Short Answer Questions
1. A constitution's effectiveness is actually limited by what, according to Aristotle?
2. Dionysus of Syracuse ruled on what island?
3. Aristotle says that when the people are close to equal, the education system needs to be designed so that the ruled can do what?
4. Aristotle says that a judicial system is one arm of the government of every state. He calls the judicial system what?
5. Aristotle believes that the evil of selfishness is self-service taken what?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)