|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aristotle says that holding property in common, in communal status, leads to what?
2. What name does Aristotle give the class that are fighters and legislators?
3. Aristotle thinks that the craftsman who tries to make laws will do what?
(a) Make bad laws.
(b) Not care about his duties.
(c) Ask to be released.
(d) Make good laws.
4. What does Aristotle calls the pool from which oligarchies draw their officials?
(b) Inherited positions.
(c) Political elite.
(d) Politically powerful.
5. The first introduction provides a look at the history of the book that is over how many pages?
6. What is one of the two options that Aristotle says can describe "education for productive labor?"
7. What is defined as the distribution and retail of merchandise?
8. The issues most closely connected with occurrences of civil strife are education, preparation for adulthood, and the distribution of property, and what?
(b) Government money.
(c) Political authority.
9. Today, Aristotle's work is mainly reviewed where?
(a) Law school.
(b) Elementary school.
(d) High school.
10. How old do people have to be to be on the Board of Elders?
(a) Over 60.
(b) Over 70.
(c) Over 75.
(d) Over 65.
11. When Aristotle explains the family, he does it with relation to what?
(a) The village.
(b) The state.
(c) The household.
(d) The work done.
12. Aristotle says that those who write constitutions are statesmen, philosophers and what?
13. Aristotle believes that in most societies, there is numerically more of what type of citizens than any other?
(a) Enslaved poor.
(b) Free poor.
(c) Servant poor.
(d) Adult poor.
14. Aristotle says that monarchies are purely what?
15. Legals structures, like constitutions, are starting points for what?
(a) Deciding who rules.
(c) Definition of citizenship.
(d) Laws that govern a state.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aristotle says that regulation of property by the state requires regulation of what?
2. For Aristotle, what is the moment of transition between the level of organization in a government?
3. What word does Aristotle define as: where the pure self-interest of each person correctly corresponds to and serves the purposes of the other?
4. In relationship to food, Aristotle says that is better to be what, than cash rich?
5. Aristotle believes that it is only in what type of government that there will be people who view themselves as outside of, or above, the law?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)