|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Today, Aristotle's work is mainly reviewed where?
(a) Law school.
(c) Elementary school.
(d) High school.
2. What is the method of acquisition involved in the accumulation of livestock animals?
(a) Stock hoarding.
(b) Livestock rearing.
(c) Stock rearing.
(d) Livestock hoarding.
3. The philosopher says that there are different _______ involved in farming and law-making.
4. The writer of the second introduction was a scholar from where?
5. Aristotle says that if an individual can get a monopoly, they can do what?
(a) Provide for their whole family.
(b) Make a lot of money.
(c) Share the riches with the poor.
(d) Create excess for others.
6. Aristotle says that slaves should only cultivate the virtue of what?
(b) Free speech.
(d) Acting for themselves.
7. Aristotle says that to treat people who act on behaviors which cause crime, they should pursue and study what?
8. What name does Aristotle give the class that are fighters and legislators?
9. Aristotle divides the process of acquisition of goods into what number of means?
10. At the time of Aristotle's writing, Macedon was what type of government?
11. Aristotle says that tyrants require what for protection?
(b) High walls.
(c) A grand palace.
12. Aristotle says that the non-Greeks exchange how many barrels of wine when the chicken's eggs are of the best quality?
13. Who is the translator in this edition of of Aristotle's "Politics?"
14. How long has Aristotle's "Politics" been around?
(a) Over two millenia.
(b) Over five millenia.
(c) Over three millenia.
(d) Over four millenia.
15. Aristotle believes that anyone who is found with exceptionally high virtue will be encouraged to be what?
(a) The kind.
(b) The tyrant.
(c) The ultimate judge.
(d) The general.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is defined as the distribution and retail of merchandise?
2. What does Aristotle calls the pool from which oligarchies draw their officials?
3. Some of the difficulties that Aristotle doesn't address that have to do with larger groups of people might have been solved by what Empire?
4. Aristotle believes that the rational is not anti what?
5. According to Aristotle, the end in a democracy is the best interests of whom?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)