|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Aristotle define as: where the pure self-interest of each person correctly corresponds to and serves the purposes of the other?
(b) Relative politics.
(c) Relational politics.
2. Aristotle divides the process of acquisition of goods into what number of means?
3. According to Aristotle, the end in a democracy is the best interests of whom?
(a) The poor.
(b) The individual.
(c) The rich.
(d) The middle class.
4. Aristotle says that the non-Greeks exchange how many barrels of wine when the chicken is going to be killed?
(a) Two barrels.
(b) One barrel.
(c) One and a half barrels.
(d) Half a barrel.
5. What is the name for a type of system that has leaders who are out of established lines of leaders?
6. The issues most closely connected with occurrences of civil strife are education, preparation for adulthood, and the distribution of property, and what?
(a) Political authority.
(d) Government money.
7. Aristotle says that some oligarchies can progress to what?
8. Who is the translator in this edition of of Aristotle's "Politics?"
9. Aristotle says that the non-Greeks exchange how many barrels of wine when the chicken's eggs are of the best quality?
10. Logging, gathering fruits, and using minerals are lumped under what term?
(a) Resource development.
(b) Living off the land.
(c) Living poorly.
(d) Resource acquisition.
11. Aristotle believes that the ruler must have the virtue of being able to create the desired result, which is defined as what?
(a) Increase in prestige for the state.
(b) Continued survival of the state.
(c) Increase in resources for the state.
(d) Good conditions for the entire state.
12. Individual authority is a type of which rule?
13. Aristotle says that education should be equal but not what?
(a) Given to all.
(b) Based on need.
(d) Based on location in life.
14. Aristotle believes that it is possible for a good state to be governed by a monarch that is what?
15. Who was Aristotle's teacher?
Short Answer Questions
1. The second introduction helps readers to what?
2. The first of Aristotle's two arguments about force and governance says that "might is ______."
3. What name does Aristotle give the class that are fighters and legislators?
4. Plato thought that the wives of the two highest social class should be what?
5. In Sparta, the military could not station men on what kind of land?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)