|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aristotle believes that it is possible for a good state to be governed by a monarch that is what?
2. Who asked the question of whether a changed constitution does, or does not, indicate a change of state?
3. What is the greatest number of people Aristotle uses in the exercises in his book?
4. The writer of the second introduction was a scholar from where?
5. The philosopher says that there are different _______ involved in farming and law-making.
6. Aristotle says that when people of wealth are cast into poverty, it is a breeding ground for what?
7. What is the basic unit of society for Aristotle?
8. Aristotle says that territory, population, constitution, and name are the four basics of what?
(a) A people.
(b) A state.
(c) A ruler.
(d) A citizen.
9. Aristotle says that some oligarchies can progress to what?
10. Aristotle is opposed to rule by what?
11. The first of Aristotle's two arguments about force and governance says that "might is ______."
(a) Against the weak.
(c) Not right.
(d) For the powerful.
12. Aristotle believes that the ruler must have the virtue of being able to create the desired result, which is defined as what?
(a) Good conditions for the entire state.
(b) Continued survival of the state.
(c) Increase in prestige for the state.
(d) Increase in resources for the state.
13. Aristotle believes that anyone who is found with exceptionally high virtue will be encouraged to be what?
(a) The kind.
(b) The tyrant.
(c) The ultimate judge.
(d) The general.
14. Plato thought that the wives of the two highest social class should be what?
(a) Held in common.
(b) From the lower classes.
(c) In charge of ruling.
(d) Housed in the same facility.
15. Aristotle says that slaves should only cultivate the virtue of what?
(c) Acting for themselves.
(d) Free speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aristotle says that popular kings are protect by what?
2. Aristotle says there are two things a ruler must be concerned with: the population and what?
3. How long has Aristotle's "Politics" been around?
4. Who felt that women should be warriors, just like the men?
5. Aristotle believes that it is only in what type of government that there will be people who view themselves as outside of, or above, the law?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)