|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Education and Leisure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aristotle believes that people should be trained for what?
(a) What they think they want to do.
(b) What they are best suited to do.
(c) What their ideal place in society is.
(d) What their parents want them to do.
2. Aristotle quotes Socrates as saying a man should have enough property to do what?
(a) Live well.
(b) Provide for his amusements.
(c) Not have to work.
(d) Provide for his family.
3. Aristotle says that women are taught to endure and dish out what, in their families, homes, and with other women?
4. Aristotle says that if an individual can get a monopoly, they can do what?
(a) Provide for their whole family.
(b) Make a lot of money.
(c) Share the riches with the poor.
(d) Create excess for others.
5. Who asked the question of whether a changed constitution does, or does not, indicate a change of state?
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to Aristotle, is the top cause of crime?
2. The first of Aristotle's two arguments about force and governance says that "might is ______."
3. Aristotle believes that a social safety net is necessary to provide relief but is not meant as a substitute for what?
4. Aristotle believes that the ruler must have the virtue of being able to create the desired result, which is defined as what?
5. Unarmed and lightly armed combat is typically the preserve of whom, according to Aristotle?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)