|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Additional Characteristics of the State & the Role of the Philosopher in the State.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aristotle says that regulation of property by the state requires regulation of what?
(b) Jobs and occupations.
2. Aristotle says that popular kings are protect by what?
(a) Their own subjects.
(b) The military.
(c) The rule of law.
3. Aristotle says that a ______ state will have everyone recognizing that it is in his best interests to work with the state.
4. The first of Aristotle's two arguments about force and governance says that "might is ______."
(a) For the powerful.
(b) Not right.
(d) Against the weak.
5. Who is the translator in this edition of of Aristotle's "Politics?"
Short Answer Questions
1. The first known translation of "Politics" after Aristotle's death was into what language?
2. Plato thought that the wives of the two highest social class should be what?
3. What is the term Aristotle gives for a government that has a sovereign rule of one?
4. The father-son relationship is intended to epitomize what relationship?
5. Aristotle says that in order to receive the full load of privileges and obligations related to being a citizen, a person must what?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)