|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Additional Characteristics of the State & the Role of the Philosopher in the State.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aristotle think is the solution to crime?
(a) Giving people property.
(d) Taking part in ruling.
2. Aristotle says that slaves belong to whom?
(a) Their masters.
(c) No one.
3. Absolute monarchs are people whose rule is very much like what?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A professor.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A parent.
4. What is the name of the Catholic scholar who made Aristotle's work famous in the more modern world?
(a) Timothy Aquinas.
(b) Tally Aquinas.
(c) Thomas Aquinas.
(d) Thaddeus Aquinas.
5. What type of governing system used judges and juries, with no fees associated with the dispensation of justice?
(b) Rule of law system.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aristotle says that democracies mistakenly assume that equality in one area means what?
2. Aristotle says that a move can be unpopular and tyrannical yet still what, if it was done for the common good?
3. Aristotle believes that the ruler must have the virtue of being able to create the desired result, which is defined as what?
4. Dionysus of Syracuse ruled on what island?
5. Aristotle says that trying to accumulate more than what is needed is what?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)