|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Aristocracies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A Sicilian who had a monopoly was forced out of Syracuse by whom?
(a) The courts.
(b) Its ruler.
(c) The other merchants.
(d) The other producers.
2. Aristotle says that when an increase in free populace is needed, or when a state is new, there may be lax rules about what?
(a) How to be a citizen.
(b) Who can hold office.
(c) Who can hold property.
(d) Freeing slaves and women.
3. A system of what, according to Aristotle, is intended to help society reflect the government?
4. Aristotle says that democracies mistakenly assume that equality in one area means what?
(a) Universal equality.
(b) Equality of social standing.
(c) Inequality in others.
(d) Inequality of property rights.
5. What is the method of acquisition involved in the accumulation of livestock animals?
(a) Stock hoarding.
(b) Stock rearing.
(c) Livestock rearing.
(d) Livestock hoarding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Aristotle a citizen of?
2. How old do people have to be to be on the Board of Elders?
3. What does Aristotle calls the pool from which oligarchies draw their officials?
4. What word does Aristotle define as: where the pure self-interest of each person correctly corresponds to and serves the purposes of the other?
5. Aristotle says that holding property in common, in communal status, leads to what?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)