|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Aristocracies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aristotle urges that kingship be granted on virtues of birth and what?
(b) Social status.
2. Aristotle says that acquiring what is needed is what?
3. Aristotle says that slaves should only cultivate the virtue of what?
(a) Acting for themselves.
(d) Free speech.
4. Plato thought that the wives of the two highest social class should be what?
(a) In charge of ruling.
(b) Housed in the same facility.
(c) Held in common.
(d) From the lower classes.
5. In relationship to food, Aristotle says that is better to be what, than cash rich?
(a) Have plenty of food and give to the poor.
(b) Have plenty of food and cash poor.
(c) Have plenty of food and be generous.
(d) Have plenty of food and cash neutral.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aristotle says that in order to receive the full load of privileges and obligations related to being a citizen, a person must what?
2. Aristotle says that monarchies are purely what?
3. Aristotle says that the second greatest cause of crime are desires that reach beyond what?
4. Absolute monarchs are people whose rule is very much like what?
5. Who is the translator in this edition of of Aristotle's "Politics?"
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)