|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Book 3: Chapter 1, Citizens & Constitutions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aristotle thinks the best kind of rulership is what?
2. What, according to Aristotle, is the top cause of crime?
(a) No education.
(b) Lack of a job.
(c) Too many children.
3. Aristotle says that the best form of constitution is one that contains elements of all the different types of government, and creates an analogy between the best constitution and what?
(a) A metal alloy.
(b) A hybrid plant.
(c) A cross-bred animal.
(d) A melting part.
4. Some of the difficulties that Aristotle doesn't address that have to do with larger groups of people might have been solved by what Empire?
(a) Saxson Empire.
(b) Celtic Empire.
(c) Persian Empire.
(d) Roman Empire.
5. Aristotle believes that a social safety net is necessary to provide relief but is not meant as a substitute for what?
(c) Working hard.
Short Answer Questions
1. The second introduction helps readers to what?
2. How long has Aristotle's "Politics" been around?
3. Who is the translator in this edition of of Aristotle's "Politics?"
4. The first introduction provides a look at the history of the book that is over how many pages?
5. Individual authority is a type of which rule?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)