|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Additional Characteristics of the State & the Role of the Philosopher in the State.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For Aristotle, what is one of the strongest signs of social and political liberty?
(a) Participation in public life.
(b) Taking a public office.
(c) Participation in voting.
(d) Taking turns at ruling.
2. Aristotle believes that anyone who is found with exceptionally high virtue will be encouraged to be what?
(a) The general.
(b) The ultimate judge.
(c) The tyrant.
(d) The kind.
3. Logging, gathering fruits, and using minerals are lumped under what term?
(a) Living off the land.
(b) Living poorly.
(c) Resource development.
(d) Resource acquisition.
4. Absolute monarchs are people whose rule is very much like what?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A parent.
(d) A professor.
5. Aristotle says that the best form of constitution is one that contains elements of all the different types of government, and creates an analogy between the best constitution and what?
(a) A metal alloy.
(b) A melting part.
(c) A hybrid plant.
(d) A cross-bred animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a government is seen by the people as being excessive, what will that create?
2. Aristotle says that kings and tyrants rely on personal power combined with what?
3. Aristotle believes that it is possible for a good state to be governed by a monarch that is what?
4. Where was Aristotle a citizen of?
5. Aristotle says that factions emerge from a desire for what?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)