|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disaster occurred while James Reed rode ahead?
(a) Their wagon train had been attacked, and the food was stolen.
(b) His daughter was stung by a scorpian.
(c) 16 of his oxen stampeded into the desert.
(d) His wife was dead.
2. Where was the family going to move to?
3. Why didn't Virginia join the group that went off for help?
(a) She was too young.
(b) They needed her to babysit the little ones.
(c) She became ill.
(d) She wasn't strong enough.
4. What did Sutter do?
(a) He rescued people who were injured on the trail.
(b) He established a fort and trading post.
(c) He was a hunter.
(d) He was a pioneer.
5. What happened to John Breen in California?
(a) He made a fortune finding gold.
(b) He became a law maker.
(c) He overate and died.
(d) He became a mountain guide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Virginia write about her father's banishment?
2. What advice does Virginia offer her cousin?
3. What was Sutter's fort like?
4. What was Louis Keseberg notorious for?
5. What happened to James Reed after he killed Snyder?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)