|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who led the first rescue party that reached the survivors?
(a) Charles Stanton
(b) Aquillal Glover
(c) Nobody reached them
(d) James Reed
2. What was completed in 1857, making traveling to California easier?
(a) A stagecoach pass
(b) A highway
(c) A cleared trail over the pass
(d) The Central Pacific Railroad
3. Where was the family going to move to?
4. When did the group reach the Humboldt Sink?
(a) In the middle of November
(b) In the middle of July
(c) In the middle of October
(d) In the middle of September
5. What happened to William Eddie's oxen?
(a) They were killed by members of the wagon train.
(b) They died of starvation.
(c) They were stolen and killed by the Paiutes.
(d) They wandered away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did William Eddy find in his pack?
2. What happened to Virginia's aunt according to her stories?
3. How many people were in the group when it was at its full strength?
4. What does stress reveal in people?
5. How long did the travelers expect to be in the Great Salt Lake Desert?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)