|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who led the first rescue party that reached the survivors?
(a) Aquillal Glover
(b) Nobody reached them
(c) James Reed
(d) Charles Stanton
2. What did the children suck on to bring forth saliva?
(b) Their fingers
(c) Flattened bullets
(d) Rock candy
3. How did they stay warm at night?
(a) They layered their clothing.
(b) They huddled together under a blanket near the fire.
(c) They built a huge fire.
(d) They drank whiskey.
4. How did the rescue party find the survivors?
(a) They followed trails.
(b) They saw the swirls of smoke coming from the cabins.
(c) They used a detailed map.
(d) They asked the Native Americans.
5. How would James keep in touch with his family?
(a) Through seances
(b) He didn't.
(c) He hid along the trail and used sign language to communicate with them.
(d) He would leave a note on the trail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Sutter's fort like?
2. Where was James Reed from originally?
3. How did Virginia described the occasion where she nearly died?
4. What was James Reed's occupation?
5. What is caching, according to the emigrants?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)