|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the skilled explorers find about Hastings shortcut?
(a) It was easier to travel than they had thought.
(b) Traveling it with oxen would be suicide.
(c) It was fine if the travelers were experts.
(d) It was tricky in areas.
2. What sight did Reed see as he rode ahead?
(a) People were unyoking their oken and driving them ahead to find water.
(b) He found abandoned wagons.
(c) He found water shortly ahead.
(d) There were corpses on the ground.
3. How close were the travelers to the summit when they decided to rest and got snowed in?
(a) Three miles
(b) 20 miles
(c) 50 miles
(d) 1/4 mile
4. What special meal did the Reed children have for Christmas?
(a) Bear meat and beans
(b) Fresh bones to gnaw on
(c) Venison stew
(d) Beans, rice, and dried apple slices
5. What did the families do in the evening?
(a) They hunted.
(b) Prepared for the next day.
(c) They went to bed very early.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Hastings Cutoff trail like?
2. What was Sutter's fort like?
3. What was the hardest part of the trip?
4. Where did the United States end?
5. What was used to wash the dishes?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)