|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't the Donner Party see other travelers?
(a) They were on a different route.
(b) Most people head passed through a month before.
(c) The others were still far behind them.
(d) Everyone was avoiding them.
2. Where did George and Jacob Donner and their families camp?
(a) At the summit
(b) In California
(c) At Alder Creek
(d) At Tuskegee Lake
3. How did James Reed revive Patty?
(a) He rubbed cold snow on her face.
(b) He performed CPR on her.
(c) He yelled at her and smacked her.
(d) He gave her crumbs he stored in his mitten.
4. What is cannibalism?
(a) When you are overly aggressive
(b) A type of disease that infects children
(c) The eating of human flesh
(d) When you only eat soup
5. What happened to the food that the rescuers had stashed along the journey?
(a) It rotted.
(b) Wild animals had eaten it.
(c) Nothing. It was all there.
(d) It was stolen by Native Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the United States end?
2. Who led the first rescue party that reached the survivors?
3. What was the problem with Tommy?
4. How many people left with the first rescue team?
5. What role did the granite rock have in constructing dwellings?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)