|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reputation did the 40 mile desert have?
(a) It was forgiving for a desert.
(b) It was more beautiful than other deserts.
(c) It was a graveyard for abandoned wagons.
(d) It was a death trap.
2. What was George Donner's occupation?
(a) He ran mills and made furniture.
(c) He ran a grocery store.
3. Independence, Missouri known for all of these except what?
(a) It was the crossroads for pioneers heading south along the Santa Fe Trail.
(b) It was the crossroads for pioneers heading west to California.
(c) It was the crossroads for pioneers heading west to Oregon.
(d) It was the crossroads for pioneers heading east to New York.
4. Why did Sarah Keyes join the wagon train?
(a) She couldn't bear the thought of having her grandchildren leave her.
(b) She wanted to see her son who lived out west.
(c) She would have been homeless if she stayed there.
(d) She was ready for a new adventure.
5. Why didn't the Donner Party see other travelers?
(a) They were on a different route.
(b) The others were still far behind them.
(c) Most people head passed through a month before.
(d) Everyone was avoiding them.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did James Reed think they would hit the Sierra Nevada?
2. What was the first bit of trouble the Donner Party encountered?
3. How fast was the Donner Party moving along the Humboldt?
4. What happened to James Reed after he killed Snyder?
5. Who helped with the chores?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)