|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did they think the summit would be snowed in?
(a) By January
(b) By the middle of December
(c) That week
(d) By the middle of November
2. Who helped with the chores?
(b) Everyone over the age of five
(c) Only the women
(d) Only the men
3. What was the hardest part of the trip?
(a) Keeping up with Hastings
(b) Leaving home
(c) Ascending the Sierra Nevada
(d) Dealing with death
4. How deep was the snow by the time they reached Truckee Lake?
(a) It was up to their thighs.
(b) There wasn't any snow.
(c) 5 feet
(d) 1 foot deep
5. What happened when Hardcoop could no longer walk?
(a) They made crutches for him.
(b) They let him lie in the wagons.
(c) They left him behind to die.
(d) They carried him on their backs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mary Ann Graves become?
2. Why was Jean Baptiste Trudeau poking through the snow with a stick?
3. What happened to William Eddie's oxen?
4. Who went off to find help nine days before Christmas?
5. How long did it take the group to prepare to travel?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)