|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the children suck on to bring forth saliva?
(b) Flattened bullets
(c) Rock candy
(d) Their fingers
2. What did Hastings promise the Donner Party in his letter?
(a) They would move quickly through the tough parts.
(b) He promised he would personally escort them through the shortcut.
(c) There was food on the trail.
(d) The way was easier up ahead.
3. What did the surface of the desert consist of?
(a) Salt and alkali
(c) Nipping mites
(d) Copper-colored powdery sand
4. Why didn't the Donner Party see other travelers?
(a) The others were still far behind them.
(b) They were on a different route.
(c) Everyone was avoiding them.
(d) Most people head passed through a month before.
5. What did the note from Hastings on the stick say?
(a) The trail ahead was very bad, and they should wait for Hastings.
(b) He told them to turn around and go back.
(c) He said he would be with them shortly.
(d) His party had gotten ill so they were delayed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the hardest part of the trip?
2. What was the Reed wagon later called?
3. Where did the children sleep?
4. How fast was the Donner Party moving along the Humboldt?
5. What did James Clyman tell the travelers?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)