|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the hardest part of the trip?
(a) Ascending the Sierra Nevada
(b) Keeping up with Hastings
(c) Dealing with death
(d) Leaving home
2. What wild animal almost broke into the camp?
3. What was Sutter's fort like?
(a) It was very small, but had enough supplies to fulfill their needs.
(b) It was falling apart.
(c) It was too big to navigate in one day.
(d) It was like a small city.
4. What book did Reed and Donner use for guidance?
(a) The Emigrants' Guide to Oregon and California
(b) The Oregon Trail
(c) California or Bust
(d) Go West, Young Man - Memoirs of Daniel Boone
5. When did James Reed think they would hit the Sierra Nevada?
(a) By September
(b) By October
(c) By July
(d) By January
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joined the Donner party as they cleared the trail through the Wasatch?
2. Why did they decide to take the cutoff?
3. How did the Murphy clan and the Reeds and Donners get along?
4. Who possessed the west?
5. What did the interior of the wagon remind Virginia of?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)