1. How old was Virginia Elizabeth Backenstoe Reed when the family left Illinois?
(a) Almost 13
(b) Almost 25
(c) Almost 7
(d) Almost 18
2. Where was the family going to move to?
3. How many states were in the Union in the spring of 1846?
4. Who possessed the west?
(c) Native Americans
5. What was George Donner's occupation?
(a) He ran mills and made furniture.
(d) He ran a grocery store.
6. What was James Reed's occupation?
(b) He ran a grocery store.
(c) He ran mills and made furniture.
7. What did Reed want out west?
(a) A new beginning
8. Where did the United States end?
(c) New Mexico
9. What book did Reed and Donner use for guidance?
(a) Go West, Young Man - Memoirs of Daniel Boone
(b) California or Bust
(c) The Oregon Trail
(d) The Emigrants' Guide to Oregon and California
This section contains 4,849 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)