|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Master John say about the villagers in Chapter 7?
2. What is Christopher's dream?
3. What answer can be found in Randal's song?
4. What does Kate do when she knows she won't be needed in Chapter 9?
5. Why does Randal fear that Kate will not be welcome by the villagers in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kate note of the servants at the castle in Chapter 12?
2. What happens when Kate begins to feel the weight of the hill in Chapter 10?
3. How are the other girls in Kate's room described in Chapter 9?
4. What does the Lady in Green tell Kate that shocks her in Chapter 11?
5. According to Master John in Chapter 7, what is going to happen to Kate?
6. What does the Lady in Green ask for in Chapter 13?
7. Why doesn't the Lady in Green allow Kate to visit Christopher in Chapter 11?
8. Who is Gwenhyfara?
9. What happens when Christopher and Kate hear voices in Chapter 11?
10. What role does Christopher need to fill in Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the historical context of the novel Perilous Gard. How does Pope incorporate the real historical figures into the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Pope's use of foreshadowing. What are some examples of foreshadowing in the novel? Why might Pope have used foreshadowing?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss conflict in the novel Perilous Gard. Who is in conflict with whom and why? How do these conflicts alter or influence the plot and the characters?
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)