|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Lady in Green want spared in Chapter 13?
2. What does a young boy tell Kate to do when he catches her in Chapter 11?
3. According to Master John, what is he paid for in Chapter 7?
4. Why is Kate angry at the beginning of Chapter 10?
5. According to Master John, how will Cecily's reappearance be explained to Sir Geoffrey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kate observe while hiding in Chapter 7?
2. What does Master John tell Kate about his involvement with the Fairy Folk in Chapter 7?
3. Who is Gwenhyfara?
4. What happens when Christopher and Kate hear voices in Chapter 11?
5. What does Kate realize about Christopher in Chapter 7?
6. Why isn't Christopher happy to see Kate in Chapter 10?
7. Why is it difficult for Kate to find pen and paper in Chapter 7?
8. How does Old Dorothy react when Kate returns to the estate with mud all over her in Chapter 7?
9. What do the other human servants do when they reach the great hall in Chapter 9?
10. What is Master John's reply when Kate points out that he will have to explain Cecily's reappearance and Christopher's disappearance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the genre of the novel? What are elements commonly found in this type of novel? What are some other examples of works of this genre? What similarities do these works share with the novel Perilous Gard?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the secondary characters of the novel. Who are they and what are their defining character traits? How are they related to Kate? What are their roles in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the different archetypes present in the novel. Are these archetypes commonly found in fairy tales and ballads?
This section contains 1,141 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)