|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instructions are left for Kate at the beginning of Chapter 13?
2. What does Kate realize of the Lady in Green when she first sees her in Chapter 8?
3. What does Master John do when the Lady in Green passes him in Chapter 8?
4. Why does Christopher still have some hope as of Chapter 10?
5. What does a young boy tell Kate to do when he catches her in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Gwenhyfara, why are the Fairy Folk able to withstand the fear that frightens the humans in Chapter 9?
2. What happens when Kate begins to feel the weight of the hill in Chapter 10?
3. How does Kate try to reach Christopher when he is in a haze in Chapter 12?
4. How does Old Dorothy react when Kate returns to the estate with mud all over her in Chapter 7?
5. What food protocol is followed at Perilous Gard?
6. What happens when Kate walks through a waterfall in Chapter 11?
7. What does Christopher believe happened to Kate when she drank from the cup in Chapter 11?
8. According to Master John in Chapter 7, what is going to happen to Kate?
9. What does the Lady in Green ask for in Chapter 13?
10. How does Kate find Christopher in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the conclusion of the novel. Are there any surprises at the end of the novel? Are there any unanswered questions? Did you enjoy the novel? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What mystery surrounds Perilous Gard? What questions might one ask about the occurrences at the estate as the novel progresses? Do these questions get answered?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the different archetypes present in the novel. Are these archetypes commonly found in fairy tales and ballads?
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)