|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did iron start being used commonly in China?
2. How many was were fought during the Eastern Zhou rule of 294 years according to Chapter 7?
3. What played an important functional role in facilitating large-scale collective action?
4. When did the Ayyubid dynasty end according to Chapter 14?
5. Who said "I conceive that land belongs to a vast family of which many are dead, few are living and countless members are still unborn"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fukayama identify as the three main institutions of modern democracy?
2. What did warfare cause for many people?
3. What was feudalism like in China?
4. Where are the political factors traced back to?
5. Why does Fukuyama attack theories like that of Karl Marx?
6. How does Fukuyama rest his theory in Chapter 29?
7. What did the emergence of the Han dynasty bring?
8. What were jatis and varnas according to Chapter 11?
9. What does Fukuyama say about the English Parliament in Chapter 27?
10. What is political decay part of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the thought of modern property rights and the tragedy of commons, and compare such views to that of Fukuyama.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the Mandate of Heaven as depicted with Empress Wu and the problems faced by emperors in China.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of the Catholic Church in Europe and why Pope Gregory VII clashed with Holy Roman Emperor Henry IV, and the eventual resolution.
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)