|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who collectivized land in 1978?
2. When was a proposal put forward to limit estates to three thousand mou in China?
3. How many commanderies were created by the Win?
4. When did Clovis rule?
5. What are bBand-level societies built around?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did warfare cause for many people?
2. What was the second question that Fukuyama addresses?
3. Why does Fukuyama attack theories like that of Karl Marx?
4. What three main kingdoms developed according to Chapter 12?
5. What eventually happened to the central authority of the state in Hungary?
6. What was the first kind of organization according to the author in Chapter 3?
7. What did the Orthodox Christian Church not do?
8. What was a necessary step for accountability in France?
9. What does Fukuyama question regarding property rights in Chapter 4?
10. What did Fukuyama argue about the Malmuks in Chapter 14?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the inverse relationship between the strength of a state and patrimonialism.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the Mandate of Heaven as depicted with Empress Wu and the problems faced by emperors in China.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of warfare and taxation in Chinese states.
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)