|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Zhou dynasty split?
2. What is a particularly well-developed and pure example of segmentary lineage organization?
3. Who was Seymour Martin?
4. When did the predynastic Yangshao period run according to Chapter 6?
5. When did the Han Dynasty hold power?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was never eliminated in China, India, and the Middle East despite efforts of leaders according to Chapter 16?
2. What failures led do the undoing of the Ottoman Empire?
3. What did the emergence of the Han dynasty bring?
4. What three main kingdoms developed according to Chapter 12?
5. What caused a change in the number of polities during the Zhao Dynasty?
6. What was the first kind of organization according to the author in Chapter 3?
7. What was the driving factor in creating a unified Chinese state, according to Chapter 7?
8. How was Europe different?
9. What does Fukuyama discuss about chimps?
10. What general assumption is made by the author in the Preface?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the significance of Brahminism and social castes in India and Fukuyama's theories regarding the causes of political development in India.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role that Confucianism played in China.
Essay Topic 3
Choose a political theorist discussed in Chapter 2 and refute or support their opinions.
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)