|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are bBand-level societies built around?
2. Who was Seymour Martin?
3. How much did grain prices in Anatolia in constant silver units rose by between 1489 to 1616?
4. When did Ajatashatru die?
5. How many problems inherent to the design of Mamluk political institutions helped weaken said institutions over time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fukuyama explain about China and its history in Chapter 6?
2. Why does Fukuyama attack theories like that of Karl Marx?
3. How was India's early political development different from that of China according to Chapter 10?
4. What five attributes distinguishes a state from a tribal organization according to Chapter 5?
5. How could the Brahamic religion be described?
6. What does Fukayama identify as the three main institutions of modern democracy?
7. What did warfare cause for many people?
8. What concept was largely based on kinship?
9. What was never eliminated in China, India, and the Middle East despite efforts of leaders according to Chapter 16?
10. What was the Qin system and why did it collapse according to Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of the Mamluks and discuss how they came into power and why they were conquered.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of warfare and taxation in Chinese states.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of kinship, and the types of kinship, as discussed in Chapter 3.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)