|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Ying Zheng live according to Chapter 8?
2. When was Empress Xu murdered?
3. When did India and China start diverging significantly?
4. When did Chandra Gupta I rise to power?
5. Why were the Xiongnu, Huns, and Mongols such potent military powers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What three main kingdoms developed according to Chapter 12?
2. What aspects of modern bureaucracy were in place during the Han dynasty?
3. How was India's early political development different from that of China according to Chapter 10?
4. What general assumption is made by the author in the Preface?
5. What did Fukuyama argue about the Malmuks in Chapter 14?
6. What caused a change in the number of polities during the Zhao Dynasty?
7. What weakens and strengths the central state authority?
8. What did warfare cause for many people?
9. What was the Qin system and why did it collapse according to Chapter 8?
10. What was the method of agnation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the rule of law and distinguish between law and legislation
Essay Topic 2
Choose a political theorist discussed in Chapter 2 and refute or support their opinions.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the Ottoman empire, including how it spread and why they were defeated.
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)