|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "Discourse on the Origins of Inequality" published according to chapter 3?
2. When did the Orange Revolution happen?
3. At what age were young boys or men starting their training for public service under Emperor Wu?
4. When did Muhammad and his followers move to Medina?
5. When did the Qin Dynasty start ruling over the whole of China?
Short Essay Questions
1. What practice does Fukuyama examine in Chapter 13?
2. What did the emergence of the Han dynasty bring?
3. What caused a change in the number of polities during the Zhao Dynasty?
4. What did China do to support the military and warfare?
5. What was feudalism like in China?
6. What was never eliminated in China, India, and the Middle East despite efforts of leaders according to Chapter 16?
7. What general assumption is made by the author in the Preface?
8. What three main kingdoms developed according to Chapter 12?
9. What were jatis and varnas according to Chapter 11?
10. How did the Mamluks eventually disturb the nature of their relation to the state?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of warfare and taxation in Chinese states.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of kinship, and the types of kinship, as discussed in Chapter 3.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the modern political state evolved from tribal groups based on Fukuyama's discussion.
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)