|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What population density allowed agriculture?
2. Where was the Chimpanzee Puist kept?
3. Who succeeded Mohammad?
4. When did the Qin Dynasty start ruling over the whole of China?
5. When was "Discourse on the Origins of Inequality" published according to chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the emergence of the Han dynasty bring?
2. What concept was largely based on kinship?
3. What three main kingdoms developed according to Chapter 12?
4. What will a successful modern democracy have?
5. What general assumption is made by the author in the Preface?
6. What did China do to support the military and warfare?
7. What aspects of modern bureaucracy were in place during the Han dynasty?
8. What was the driving factor in creating a unified Chinese state, according to Chapter 7?
9. What does Fukayama identify as the three main institutions of modern democracy?
10. What was the method of agnation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role that Confucianism played in China.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the four differing results relating to accountability and examine the examples of each.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the Mandate of Heaven as depicted with Empress Wu and the problems faced by emperors in China.
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)