Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age were young boys or men starting their training for public service under Emperor Wu?
2. When did the Sui Dynasty disappear?
3. Who was the first civilization to invent the modern state?
4. When did the Mauryas empire rule India?
5. When did the Norman Conquest of England take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will a successful modern democracy have?
2. What are four differing results relating to accountability?
3. What happened to the patrimonial aristocratic class according to Chapter 9?
4. What eventually happened to the central authority of the state in Hungary?
5. What was the first kind of organization according to the author in Chapter 3?
6. What does Fukuyama question regarding property rights in Chapter 4?
7. Why does Fukuyama attack theories like that of Karl Marx?
8. What does Fukayama identify as the three main institutions of modern democracy?
9. How was Europe different?
10. What did Fukuyama argue about the Malmuks in Chapter 14?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the inverse relationship between the strength of a state and patrimonialism.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the modern political state evolved from tribal groups based on Fukuyama's discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the four differing results relating to accountability and examine the examples of each.
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)