|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Qin Dynasty start ruling over the whole of China?
2. When was the The Romance of the Three Kingdoms written?
3. When did the Mauryas empire rule India?
4. How much of the productive land in France was in ecclesiastical hands in the 7th century?
5. How many commanderies were created by the Win?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Pope Gregory VII do in 1073?
2. What general assumption is made by the author in the Preface?
3. Where are the political factors traced back to?
4. What concept was largely based on kinship?
5. What was the first kind of organization according to the author in Chapter 3?
6. How was India's early political development different from that of China according to Chapter 10?
7. What was never eliminated in China, India, and the Middle East despite efforts of leaders according to Chapter 16?
8. What does Fukuyama examine regarding the structure of the Ottomans in Chapter 15?
9. Why is Latin America unique according to Chapter 24?
10. What brought distant common ancestors closer according to Fukuyama?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role that Confucianism played in China.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of the Catholic Church in Europe and why Pope Gregory VII clashed with Holy Roman Emperor Henry IV, and the eventual resolution.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the inverse relationship between the strength of a state and patrimonialism.
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)