|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were the collective farms disbanded in China?
2. How much of the productive land in France was in ecclesiastical hands in the 7th century?
3. When did the Mauryas empire rule India?
4. Who appointed Ogier Ghiselin de Busbecq at the court of Suleiman the Magnificent?
5. What society is still a hunter-gatherer society?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Qin system and why did it collapse according to Chapter 8?
2. What does Fukayama outline in Chapter 1?
3. How was India's early political development different from that of China according to Chapter 10?
4. What was the method of agnation?
5. What does Fukuyama question regarding property rights in Chapter 4?
6. What did Fukuyama argue about the Malmuks in Chapter 14?
7. What does Fukuyama examine regarding the structure of the Ottomans in Chapter 15?
8. What weakens and strengths the central state authority?
9. What brought distant common ancestors closer according to Fukuyama?
10. What general assumption is made by the author in the Preface?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the probable contributors in the formation of a state and conclude whether Fukuyama's stance has merit.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of kinship, and the types of kinship, as discussed in Chapter 3.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the development of rule of law in world civilizations, and discuss the role that religion played in developing a stronger rule of law.
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)