|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the sanjakbey duties?
2. When did the Zhou dynasty split?
3. How long did the Qin dynasty survive Ying Zheng?
4. What is a socially and biologically grounded reality for human being?
5. Who argued that a just city had to exist in conformity with man's permanent nature and not what was ephemeral and changing according to Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the patrimonial aristocratic class according to Chapter 9?
2. What weakens and strengths the central state authority?
3. What was feudalism like in China?
4. What does Fukuyama examine regarding the structure of the Ottomans in Chapter 15?
5. What does Fukuyama question regarding property rights in Chapter 4?
6. What did China do to support the military and warfare?
7. What were jatis and varnas according to Chapter 11?
8. What was the Qin system and why did it collapse according to Chapter 8?
9. How was Europe different?
10. What concept was largely based on kinship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the three main institutions of modern democracy, and discuss how it benefits a government to have all three.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the Ottoman empire, including how it spread and why they were defeated.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the development of rule of law in world civilizations, and discuss the role that religion played in developing a stronger rule of law.
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)