|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a socially and biologically grounded reality for human being?
2. What percentage of taxes are collected in the U.S?
3. What is a particularly well-developed and pure example of segmentary lineage organization?
4. Who helped the Emperor stage a coup against Empress Liang's house according to Chapter 9?
5. When did the Communists claim victory in China?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused a change in the number of polities during the Zhao Dynasty?
2. What philosophies does Fukuyama reference and who does he share views with in Chapter 2?
3. What does Fukuyama question regarding property rights in Chapter 4?
4. What does Fukuyama discuss about chimps?
5. What did China do to support the military and warfare?
6. What five attributes distinguishes a state from a tribal organization according to Chapter 5?
7. What general assumption is made by the author in the Preface?
8. What did warfare cause for many people?
9. What was the first kind of organization according to the author in Chapter 3?
10. What was the Qin system and why did it collapse according to Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the history and theories of common law, and how it came into being.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of kinship, and the types of kinship, as discussed in Chapter 3.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role that Confucianism played in China.
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)