|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age were young boys or men starting their training for public service under Emperor Wu?
2. When did the Sui Dynasty disappear?
3. Who was the first civilization to invent the modern state?
4. When did the Mauryas empire rule India?
5. When did the Norman Conquest of England take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will a successful modern democracy have?
2. What are four differing results relating to accountability?
3. What happened to the patrimonial aristocratic class according to Chapter 9?
4. What eventually happened to the central authority of the state in Hungary?
5. What was the first kind of organization according to the author in Chapter 3?
6. What does Fukuyama question regarding property rights in Chapter 4?
7. Why does Fukuyama attack theories like that of Karl Marx?
8. What does Fukayama identify as the three main institutions of modern democracy?
9. How was Europe different?
10. What did Fukuyama argue about the Malmuks in Chapter 14?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of the Mamluks and discuss how they came into power and why they were conquered.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the Mandate of Heaven as depicted with Empress Wu and the problems faced by emperors in China.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the history and theories of common law, and how it came into being.
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)