|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Gauls choose to elect a common authority for the whole confederation?
2. When did the Mauryas empire rule India?
3. What percentage of taxes are collected in the U.S?
4. What was the Bahri regiment named after?
5. When was the The Romance of the Three Kingdoms written?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the driving factor in creating a unified Chinese state, according to Chapter 7?
2. What philosophies does Fukuyama reference and who does he share views with in Chapter 2?
3. What did the emergence of the Han dynasty bring?
4. What brought distant common ancestors closer according to Fukuyama?
5. What was never eliminated in China, India, and the Middle East despite efforts of leaders according to Chapter 16?
6. What general assumption is made by the author in the Preface?
7. What does Fukuyama examine regarding the structure of the Ottomans in Chapter 15?
8. What was the first kind of organization according to the author in Chapter 3?
9. What did Fukuyama argue about the Malmuks in Chapter 14?
10. What did warfare cause for many people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the history and theories of common law, and how it came into being.
Essay Topic 2
Choose a political theorist discussed in Chapter 2 and refute or support their opinions.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the Ottoman empire, including how it spread and why they were defeated.
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)