|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many movies does Nigeria produce?
2. Who wrote Communist Manifesto?
3. When did the Sui Dynasty disappear?
4. When did the State of Chu perform a cadastral survey?
5. What is a particularly well-developed and pure example of segmentary lineage organization?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the emergence of the Han dynasty bring?
2. What were jatis and varnas according to Chapter 11?
3. What does Fukuyama examine regarding the structure of the Ottomans in Chapter 15?
4. What brought distant common ancestors closer according to Fukuyama?
5. What happened to the patrimonial aristocratic class according to Chapter 9?
6. What will a successful modern democracy have?
7. Why does Fukuyama attack theories like that of Karl Marx?
8. What five attributes distinguishes a state from a tribal organization according to Chapter 5?
9. What did Fukuyama argue about the Malmuks in Chapter 14?
10. What practice does Fukuyama examine in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of the Catholic Church in Europe and why Pope Gregory VII clashed with Holy Roman Emperor Henry IV, and the eventual resolution.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the significance of Brahminism and social castes in India and Fukuyama's theories regarding the causes of political development in India.
Essay Topic 3
Choose a political theorist discussed in Chapter 2 and refute or support their opinions.
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)