|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who collectivized land in 1978?
2. Why were the Xiongnu, Huns, and Mongols such potent military powers?
3. How many commanderies were created by the Win?
4. Who was Seymour Martin?
5. Where was the Chimpanzee Puist kept?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tips a state towards accountability according to Chapter 28?
2. What failures led do the undoing of the Ottoman Empire?
3. What brought distant common ancestors closer according to Fukuyama?
4. What did warfare cause for many people?
5. What was a necessary step for accountability in France?
6. What was never eliminated in China, India, and the Middle East despite efforts of leaders according to Chapter 16?
7. What did Pope Gregory VII do in 1073?
8. What caused a change in the number of polities during the Zhao Dynasty?
9. What does Fukuyama distinguish between when discussing the "rule of law" in Chapter 17?
10. What practice does Fukuyama examine in Chapter 13?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the development of rule of law in world civilizations, and discuss the role that religion played in developing a stronger rule of law.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the Mandate of Heaven as depicted with Empress Wu and the problems faced by emperors in China.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the significance of Brahminism and social castes in India and Fukuyama's theories regarding the causes of political development in India.
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)