|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Alexander I of Russia manage to overrun a good part of Europe?
2. When were the collective farms disbanded in China?
3. Who appointed Ogier Ghiselin de Busbecq at the court of Suleiman the Magnificent?
4. How many countries had a electoral democracy in the late 1990's?
5. When did the Orange Revolution happen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was never eliminated in China, India, and the Middle East despite efforts of leaders according to Chapter 16?
2. Why was the Han dynasty not a democracy?
3. What brought distant common ancestors closer according to Fukuyama?
4. What weakens and strengths the central state authority?
5. What did warfare cause for many people?
6. What practice does Fukuyama examine in Chapter 13?
7. What was feudalism like in China?
8. What philosophies does Fukuyama reference and who does he share views with in Chapter 2?
9. What five attributes distinguishes a state from a tribal organization according to Chapter 5?
10. What failures led do the undoing of the Ottoman Empire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of the Catholic Church in Europe and why Pope Gregory VII clashed with Holy Roman Emperor Henry IV, and the eventual resolution.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of warfare and taxation in Chinese states.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of kinship, and the types of kinship, as discussed in Chapter 3.
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)