|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Sultan Selim II deposed according to Chapter 13?
2. When did the Zhou dynasty split?
3. How many of the Meiji Emperor's 15 children reached adulthood?
4. What justified an armed rebellion against the Emperor in China?
5. When did the Communists claim victory in China?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was feudalism like in China?
2. What does Fukayama outline in Chapter 1?
3. What aspects of modern bureaucracy were in place during the Han dynasty?
4. What was the Qin system and why did it collapse according to Chapter 8?
5. What was the first kind of organization according to the author in Chapter 3?
6. What caused a change in the number of polities during the Zhao Dynasty?
7. What does Fukuyama explain about China and its history in Chapter 6?
8. Why was the Han dynasty not a democracy?
9. What concept was largely based on kinship?
10. What did the emergence of the Han dynasty bring?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the inverse relationship between the strength of a state and patrimonialism.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the five attributes that distinguish a state from a tribal organization, and use examples of each from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of warfare and taxation in Chinese states.
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)