|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many staff did the director of prayer have in the Han Dynasty?
2. How many countries had a electoral democracy in the late 1990's?
3. When did the Ayyubid dynasty end according to Chapter 14?
4. When did Bimbisara become king?
5. When were Qin Shi Huangdi and Ashoka building their empire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened between the Christian church and political authorities in Europe according to Chapter 18?
2. What does Fukuyama explain about China and its history in Chapter 6?
3. How does Fukuyama define accountability in Chapter 22?
4. What did Russia not share with the Ottomans according to Chapter 26?
5. What does Fukuyama say about the English Parliament in Chapter 27?
6. What is political decay part of?
7. How did the Mamluks eventually disturb the nature of their relation to the state?
8. What happened in the final years of the French monarchy according to Chapter 23?
9. What does Fukuyama question regarding property rights in Chapter 4?
10. What two countries are examples of states that failed to develop accountability in Chapter 25?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the significance of Brahminism and social castes in India and Fukuyama's theories regarding the causes of political development in India.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the development of rule of law in world civilizations, and discuss the role that religion played in developing a stronger rule of law.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the Ottoman empire, including how it spread and why they were defeated.
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)