|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Sui Dynasty disappear?
2. When did Alexander I of Russia manage to overrun a good part of Europe?
3. When did Chosroes I rule?
4. What justified an armed rebellion against the Emperor in China?
5. When did Bimbisara become king?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the patrimonial aristocratic class according to Chapter 9?
2. What failures led do the undoing of the Ottoman Empire?
3. What does Fukuyama discuss about chimps?
4. What was the Qin system and why did it collapse according to Chapter 8?
5. What was the first kind of organization according to the author in Chapter 3?
6. What does Fukuyama question regarding property rights in Chapter 4?
7. What five attributes distinguishes a state from a tribal organization according to Chapter 5?
8. What brought distant common ancestors closer according to Fukuyama?
9. Why was the Han dynasty not a democracy?
10. What did warfare cause for many people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of warfare and taxation in Chinese states.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role that Confucianism played in China.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the four differing results relating to accountability and examine the examples of each.
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)