|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the Meiji Emperor's 15 children reached adulthood?
2. Who collectivized land in 1978?
3. When did the Gauls choose to elect a common authority for the whole confederation?
4. When was Sultan Selim II deposed according to Chapter 13?
5. Who was Seymour Martin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What philosophies does Fukuyama reference and who does he share views with in Chapter 2?
2. What failures led do the undoing of the Ottoman Empire?
3. What did Fukuyama argue about the Malmuks in Chapter 14?
4. What general assumption is made by the author in the Preface?
5. What were jatis and varnas according to Chapter 11?
6. What five attributes distinguishes a state from a tribal organization according to Chapter 5?
7. What three main kingdoms developed according to Chapter 12?
8. Why was the Han dynasty not a democracy?
9. What was the method of agnation?
10. How could the Brahamic religion be described?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of the Mamluks and discuss how they came into power and why they were conquered.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the three main institutions of modern democracy, and discuss how it benefits a government to have all three.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the development of rule of law in world civilizations, and discuss the role that religion played in developing a stronger rule of law.
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)