|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many fiefdoms did the Zhou king setup?
2. How many Kalinga died during the Kalinga campaign?
3. When was the The Romance of the Three Kingdoms written?
4. What was a motive for making war in tribal societies?
5. What is the occupation of Richard Wrangham?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was feudalism like in China?
2. Why does Fukuyama attack theories like that of Karl Marx?
3. What was the first kind of organization according to the author in Chapter 3?
4. What three main kingdoms developed according to Chapter 12?
5. What will a successful modern democracy have?
6. What did Fukuyama argue about the Malmuks in Chapter 14?
7. What were jatis and varnas according to Chapter 11?
8. What does Fukayama outline in Chapter 1?
9. What does Fukuyama discuss about chimps?
10. Why was the Han dynasty not a democracy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the Ottoman empire, including how it spread and why they were defeated.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the probable contributors in the formation of a state and conclude whether Fukuyama's stance has merit.
Essay Topic 3
Choose a political theorist discussed in Chapter 2 and refute or support their opinions.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)