|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Bimbisara become king?
2. Who said "I conceive that land belongs to a vast family of which many are dead, few are living and countless members are still unborn"?
3. What society is still a hunter-gatherer society?
4. When did the Zhou dynasty split?
5. What metal made the infantry more useful?
Short Essay Questions
1. What failures led do the undoing of the Ottoman Empire?
2. What was never eliminated in China, India, and the Middle East despite efforts of leaders according to Chapter 16?
3. What will a successful modern democracy have?
4. What did China do to support the military and warfare?
5. What three main kingdoms developed according to Chapter 12?
6. What does Fukuyama question regarding property rights in Chapter 4?
7. What aspects of modern bureaucracy were in place during the Han dynasty?
8. What happened to the patrimonial aristocratic class according to Chapter 9?
9. What caused a change in the number of polities during the Zhao Dynasty?
10. Why does Fukuyama attack theories like that of Karl Marx?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the probable contributors in the formation of a state and conclude whether Fukuyama's stance has merit.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the thought of modern property rights and the tragedy of commons, and compare such views to that of Fukuyama.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of the Mamluks and discuss how they came into power and why they were conquered.
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)