|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Rajiv Gandhi decentralized power in India?
2. When was Machiavelli's "The Prince" written according to Chapter 15?
3. How many was were fought during the Eastern Zhou rule of 294 years according to Chapter 7?
4. When did Caliph al-Mahdi rise to power?
5. What was the sanjakbey duties?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will a successful modern democracy have?
2. What was never eliminated in China, India, and the Middle East despite efforts of leaders according to Chapter 16?
3. What does Fukuyama examine regarding the structure of the Ottomans in Chapter 15?
4. What practice does Fukuyama examine in Chapter 13?
5. What three main kingdoms developed according to Chapter 12?
6. How was Europe different?
7. What philosophies does Fukuyama reference and who does he share views with in Chapter 2?
8. What does Fukuyama discuss about chimps?
9. How was India's early political development different from that of China according to Chapter 10?
10. How could the Brahamic religion be described?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the rule of law and distinguish between law and legislation
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of the Catholic Church in Europe and why Pope Gregory VII clashed with Holy Roman Emperor Henry IV, and the eventual resolution.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the modern political state evolved from tribal groups based on Fukuyama's discussion.
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)