|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "Discourse on the Origins of Inequality" published according to chapter 3?
2. When did the Berlin Wall fall?
3. What was the Bahri regiment named after?
4. When was the The Romance of the Three Kingdoms written?
5. In China, what was the class somewhat below that of the nobility that included soldiers or other meritorious commoners?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was feudalism like in China?
2. What philosophies does Fukuyama reference and who does he share views with in Chapter 2?
3. What three main kingdoms developed according to Chapter 12?
4. What does Fukayama identify as the three main institutions of modern democracy?
5. What does Fukuyama examine regarding the structure of the Ottomans in Chapter 15?
6. What was never eliminated in China, India, and the Middle East despite efforts of leaders according to Chapter 16?
7. What did China do to support the military and warfare?
8. What does Fukuyama explain about China and its history in Chapter 6?
9. What was the first kind of organization according to the author in Chapter 3?
10. What concept was largely based on kinship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a political theorist discussed in Chapter 2 and refute or support their opinions.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the five attributes that distinguish a state from a tribal organization, and use examples of each from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of kinship, and the types of kinship, as discussed in Chapter 3.
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)