|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the Qin dynasty survive Ying Zheng?
2. When did the Han Dynasty hold power?
3. What are bBand-level societies built around?
4. When was Machiavelli's "The Prince" written according to Chapter 15?
5. When did the Zhou dynasty split?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did China do to support the military and warfare?
2. What does Fukayama identify as the three main institutions of modern democracy?
3. What was the Qin system and why did it collapse according to Chapter 8?
4. How was India's early political development different from that of China according to Chapter 10?
5. What philosophies does Fukuyama reference and who does he share views with in Chapter 2?
6. What weakens and strengths the central state authority?
7. How was Europe different?
8. What does Fukuyama explain about China and its history in Chapter 6?
9. What does Fukayama outline in Chapter 1?
10. What failures led do the undoing of the Ottoman Empire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the four differing results relating to accountability and examine the examples of each.
Essay Topic 2
Define legalism and compare legalism with Confucianism, and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the five attributes that distinguish a state from a tribal organization, and use examples of each from the book.
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)