|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Warren Hastings decide to apply the Dharmasastra to the Hindus, Islamic law to the Muslims, and some version of English "Justice, Equity, and Good Conscience" to all other cases?
2. What did Pollock and Maitland write about the king?
(a) That he was not the law.
(b) That he was not above the law.
(c) That he would not bow to the law.
(d) That he was not allowed to pass laws.
3. What was the population of China at the start of the Ming Dynasty?
(a) 60 million.
(b) 260 million.
(c) 50 million.
(d) 160 million.
4. How many taels of silver were left in the Chinese treasury in the early 17th century China?
5. When did Napoleon win at Jena-Auerstadt?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Peace of Westphalia signed?
2. What did Gregory VII do to the Roman Emperor Henry IV?
3. When did King Bela III die?
4. When was "Political Order in Changing Societies" published according to Chapter 30?
5. What are the Shastras according to Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in the final years of the French monarchy according to Chapter 23?
2. What is the first question that Fukuyama asks about political development in Chapter 30?
3. What was the second question that Fukuyama addresses?
4. What did Pope Gregory VII do in 1073?
5. What does Fukuyama say about the English Parliament in Chapter 27?
6. What did the Orthodox Christian Church not do?
7. What was a necessary step for accountability in France?
8. What does Fukuyama distinguish between when discussing the "rule of law" in Chapter 17?
9. What are four differing results relating to accountability?
10. How does Fukuyama rest his theory in Chapter 29?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)