|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What led Emperor Chengu to cancel long distance voyages?
(a) High expensive.
(b) Self satisfaction.
(c) Lack of political gain.
(d) Fear of god.
2. When did Napoleon win at Jena-Auerstadt?
3. Who was forced to abdicate after the Glorious Revolution?
(a) James II.
(b) Richard II.
(c) Mark II.
(d) George II.
4. Who are not formally accountable to their people except through a parliament with very limited powers, but have been careful to attend to the demands of the various groups that make up the country?
(a) Jordan Kings.
(b) Lybian leaders.
(c) Syrian leaders.
(d) Iran leaders.
5. What corresponds to what is now called positive law according to Chapter 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was the per capita spending on all government services, from armies and roads to schools and police on the street in Afghanistan in 2008?
2. What was the German state that emerged in Brandenburg-Prussia in the eighteenth century based on?
3. What class was eliminated by the two world wars in Germany?
4. When did the French revolution take place?
5. What is the second of three components of political development that together constitute modern politics?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first question that Fukuyama asks about political development in Chapter 30?
2. What does Fukuyama say about the English Parliament in Chapter 27?
3. What is political decay part of?
4. What was the second question that Fukuyama addresses?
5. What was a necessary step for accountability in France?
6. What happened in the final years of the French monarchy according to Chapter 23?
7. What did the Orthodox Christian Church not do?
8. What was British Common Law?
9. What was the Mandate of Heaven?
10. How does Fukuyama rest his theory in Chapter 29?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)