|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Kwangju massacre take place?
2. When did Cortes begin his conquest of Mexico?
3. When was the Golden Bull put in effect?
4. Who are not formally accountable to their people except through a parliament with very limited powers, but have been careful to attend to the demands of the various groups that make up the country?
(a) Lybian leaders.
(b) Syrian leaders.
(c) Iran leaders.
(d) Jordan Kings.
5. How much was the per capita spending on all government services, from armies and roads to schools and police on the street in Afghanistan in 2008?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Ancien régime France an early prototype of?
2. When did the Romanov of Russia gain power according to Chapter 21?
3. When was the Concordat of Worms enacted ?
4. What was the nickname of Empress Wu?
5. What is the second of three components of political development that together constitute modern politics?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Mandate of Heaven?
2. What does Fukuyama distinguish between when discussing the "rule of law" in Chapter 17?
3. What does Fukuyama say about the English Parliament in Chapter 27?
4. How does Fukuyama rest his theory in Chapter 29?
5. Why is Latin America unique according to Chapter 24?
6. What did Pope Gregory VII do in 1073?
7. What eventually happened to the central authority of the state in Hungary?
8. What tips a state towards accountability according to Chapter 28?
9. Where are the political factors traced back to?
10. What was the second question that Fukuyama addresses?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)