|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was "Political Order in Changing Societies" published according to Chapter 30?
2. When did Warren Hastings decide to apply the Dharmasastra to the Hindus, Islamic law to the Muslims, and some version of English "Justice, Equity, and Good Conscience" to all other cases?
3. What are the Shastras according to Chapter 19?
(a) The bad law.
(b) The law for the men.
(c) The first law.
(d) God's spoken words.
4. How many mechanisms offset growing poverty?
5. Where was the old Teotihuacán city located?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Mongols enter Hungary?
2. When did King Bela III die?
3. What did Pollock and Maitland write about the king?
4. What Empire did not allow aristocracy to emerge?
5. When did the French revolution take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where are the political factors traced back to?
2. What has China repeatedly returned to according to Chapter 20?
3. What did the Church become in Europe?
4. What was the second question that Fukuyama addresses?
5. What happened between the Christian church and political authorities in Europe according to Chapter 18?
6. Who had no strong concept of a rule of law according to Chapter 19?
7. What does Fukuyama say about the English Parliament in Chapter 27?
8. What was the Mandate of Heaven?
9. What was a necessary step for accountability in France?
10. What eventually happened to the central authority of the state in Hungary?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)