|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Catholic Church declare its independence from secular authorities?
(a) 15th century.
(b) 12th century.
(c) 11th century.
(d) 13th century.
2. When did the Supreme Court rule on the Lochner v. New York case?
3. What was the per capita income range necessary to achieve the "upper middle income" status of the World Bank in the mid 20th century according to Chapter 24?
(a) $40,000 to $125,000.
(b) $4,000 to $12,000.
(c) $6,000 to $12,000.
(d) $400 to $1,200.
4. What was the German state that emerged in Brandenburg-Prussia in the eighteenth century based on?
(a) Connection based bureaucracy.
(b) Merit based bureaucracy.
(c) Wealth based bureaucracy.
(d) Filial based bureaucracy.
5. Who was forced to abdicate after the Glorious Revolution?
(a) Richard II.
(b) James II.
(c) Mark II.
(d) George II.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do people in favelas not invest in their homes?
2. When was Constantinople taken by the Turks?
3. When was the Peace of Westphalia signed?
4. What king imposed the Magna Carta after a military defeat?
5. What are the Shastras according to Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fukuyama rest his theory in Chapter 29?
2. What are four differing results relating to accountability?
3. What was a necessary step for accountability in France?
4. What is the first question that Fukuyama asks about political development in Chapter 30?
5. What two countries are examples of states that failed to develop accountability in Chapter 25?
6. What has China repeatedly returned to according to Chapter 20?
7. What did Russia not share with the Ottomans according to Chapter 26?
8. What eventually happened to the central authority of the state in Hungary?
9. What happened in the final years of the French monarchy according to Chapter 23?
10. Where are the political factors traced back to?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)