|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many taels of silver were left in the Chinese treasury in the early 17th century China?
2. When did the Catholic Church declare its independence from secular authorities?
(a) 12th century.
(b) 13th century.
(c) 11th century.
(d) 15th century.
3. What was the nickname of Empress Wu?
(a) Beautiful Empress Wu.
(b) Crazy Empress Wu.
(c) Good Empress Wu.
(d) Evil CWu.
4. What was the impersonal bureaucracy of the Han Dynasty eroded by?
(a) Aristocratic families.
(b) High cost.
(c) Lack of applicants.
5. How long did Charles I's personal rule last?
(a) 11 years.
(b) 21 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 17 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many serfs did Count N. P. Sheremetov own?
2. When did Cortes begin his conquest of Mexico?
3. When was an examination system put back in place in China?
4. What corresponds to what is now called positive law according to Chapter 17?
5. When was "Political Order in Changing Societies" published according to Chapter 30?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is political decay part of?
2. What does Fukuyama distinguish between when discussing the "rule of law" in Chapter 17?
3. What happened between the Christian church and political authorities in Europe according to Chapter 18?
4. What eventually happened to the central authority of the state in Hungary?
5. Why is Latin America unique according to Chapter 24?
6. What are four differing results relating to accountability?
7. What did the Orthodox Christian Church not do?
8. What did Russia not share with the Ottomans according to Chapter 26?
9. Where are the political factors traced back to?
10. What two countries are examples of states that failed to develop accountability in Chapter 25?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)