|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Empire did not allow aristocracy to emerge?
(a) The Chinese EMpire.
(b) The French Empire.
(c) The Mongol Empire.
(d) The Ottoman Empire.
2. How long did the Russian occupation by the Mongols last?
(a) 450 years.
(b) 250 years.
(c) 350 years.
(d) 200 years.
3. When was the Peace of Westphalia signed?
4. What countries were examples of weak absolutism and failed accountability, according to Chapter 25?
(a) Italy and Spain.
(b) Germany and Italy.
(c) Spain and France.
(d) Britain and France.
5. Who gave the definition of institutions as "stable, valued, recurring patterns of behavior"?
(a) Koenraad W. Swart.
(b) Francis Fukuyama.
(c) Samuel Huntington.
(d) Ray Huang.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was the per capita spending on all government services, from armies and roads to schools and police on the street in Afghanistan in 2008?
2. When did the Kwangju massacre take place?
3. When was Constantinople taken by the Turks?
4. When did King Bela III die?
5. Who was forced to abdicate after the Glorious Revolution?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Mandate of Heaven?
2. What did Russia not share with the Ottomans according to Chapter 26?
3. Where are the political factors traced back to?
4. How does Fukuyama rest his theory in Chapter 29?
5. How does Fukuyama define accountability in Chapter 22?
6. What tips a state towards accountability according to Chapter 28?
7. What two countries are examples of states that failed to develop accountability in Chapter 25?
8. What happened in the final years of the French monarchy according to Chapter 23?
9. What did the Church become in Europe?
10. What are four differing results relating to accountability?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)