|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Kwangju massacre take place?
2. What is the second of three components of political development that together constitute modern politics?
(a) The code of law.
(b) The law of the land.
(c) The rule of law.
(d) The rule of the land.
3. When did Peter the Great die?
4. What was the impersonal bureaucracy of the Han Dynasty eroded by?
(a) Aristocratic families.
(b) Lack of applicants.
(c) High cost.
5. How many mechanisms offset growing poverty?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Ancien régime France an early prototype of?
2. How long did the Russian occupation by the Mongols last?
3. What king imposed the Magna Carta after a military defeat?
4. What was the German state that emerged in Brandenburg-Prussia in the eighteenth century based on?
5. When did the Republic of China move to Taiwan according to Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first question that Fukuyama asks about political development in Chapter 30?
2. What was a necessary step for accountability in France?
3. Why is Latin America unique according to Chapter 24?
4. What does Fukuyama distinguish between when discussing the "rule of law" in Chapter 17?
5. What are four differing results relating to accountability?
6. What is political decay part of?
7. What did Pope Gregory VII do in 1073?
8. What did the Orthodox Christian Church not do?
9. What was the second question that Fukuyama addresses?
10. What was British Common Law?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)