|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much land did the Catholic Church own in Denmark in 1536?
2. How much did the European population increase between 1500 and 1600?
3. When was an examination system put back in place in China?
4. Why do people in favelas not invest in their homes?
(a) The drug lords won't allow it.
(b) They do not own them.
(c) The police always destroy improvements.
(d) They cannot take loans.
5. When did the Republic of China move to Taiwan according to Chapter 20?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Mátyás Hunyadi die?
2. When did Cortes begin his conquest of Mexico?
3. What is kanunname derived from?
4. What corresponds to what is now called positive law according to Chapter 17?
5. What was the highly sophisticated compilation of Roman law produced in Constantinople under at the beginning of the sixth century named?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the second question that Fukuyama addresses?
2. What did Pope Gregory VII do in 1073?
3. What was British Common Law?
4. What are four differing results relating to accountability?
5. What has China repeatedly returned to according to Chapter 20?
6. What did Russia not share with the Ottomans according to Chapter 26?
7. What did the Church become in Europe?
8. What does Fukuyama distinguish between when discussing the "rule of law" in Chapter 17?
9. What was the Mandate of Heaven?
10. What was a necessary step for accountability in France?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)