|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was an examination system put back in place in China?
2. When did the Seigneurial courts lose their power in England?
3. When did Constantine convert to Christianity according to Chapter 18?
4. When did Warren Hastings decide to apply the Dharmasastra to the Hindus, Islamic law to the Muslims, and some version of English "Justice, Equity, and Good Conscience" to all other cases?
5. When was "The Wealth of Nations" written in relation to Marx?
(a) 45 years before.
(b) 65 years before.
(c) 75 years before.
(d) 55 years before.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Concordat of Worms enacted ?
2. How many mechanisms offset growing poverty?
3. What age didn't Qin pass though concerning army management?
4. When was the Peace of Westphalia signed?
5. When did the Mongols enter Hungary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in the final years of the French monarchy according to Chapter 23?
2. How does Fukuyama define accountability in Chapter 22?
3. What is the first question that Fukuyama asks about political development in Chapter 30?
4. What happened between the Christian church and political authorities in Europe according to Chapter 18?
5. What tips a state towards accountability according to Chapter 28?
6. What was a necessary step for accountability in France?
7. What are four differing results relating to accountability?
8. What eventually happened to the central authority of the state in Hungary?
9. Who had no strong concept of a rule of law according to Chapter 19?
10. What has China repeatedly returned to according to Chapter 20?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)