|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the population of China at the start of the Ming Dynasty?
(a) 160 million.
(b) 60 million.
(c) 260 million.
(d) 50 million.
2. What is the second of three components of political development that together constitute modern politics?
(a) The code of law.
(b) The rule of law.
(c) The rule of the land.
(d) The law of the land.
3. What age didn't Qin pass though concerning army management?
(a) Golden Age.
(b) Volunteer Age.
(c) Mercenary Age.
(d) Conscription Age.
4. When did the Kwangju massacre take place?
5. When did Commodore Matthew Perry show up with his "black ships" in Tokyo Bay?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many mechanisms offset growing poverty?
2. Who gave the definition of institutions as "stable, valued, recurring patterns of behavior"?
3. What was the Ancien régime France an early prototype of?
4. When did Warren Hastings decide to apply the Dharmasastra to the Hindus, Islamic law to the Muslims, and some version of English "Justice, Equity, and Good Conscience" to all other cases?
5. When did Cortes begin his conquest of Mexico?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fukuyama rest his theory in Chapter 29?
2. What did Russia not share with the Ottomans according to Chapter 26?
3. What was the second question that Fukuyama addresses?
4. Why is Latin America unique according to Chapter 24?
5. What is political decay part of?
6. What has China repeatedly returned to according to Chapter 20?
7. What happened in the final years of the French monarchy according to Chapter 23?
8. What is the first question that Fukuyama asks about political development in Chapter 30?
9. What two countries are examples of states that failed to develop accountability in Chapter 25?
10. What did Pope Gregory VII do in 1073?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)