|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the Concordat of Worms enacted ?
2. When did the Battle of Lepanto take place?
3. How long did Charles I's personal rule last?
(a) 11 years.
(b) 21 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 17 years.
4. How many taels of silver were left in the Chinese treasury in the early 17th century China?
5. What did Hayek say is not the result of top-down rational planning?
(b) Social order.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Ancien régime France an early prototype of?
2. When did the Iranian Islamist revolution take place?
3. What was the highly sophisticated compilation of Roman law produced in Constantinople under at the beginning of the sixth century named?
4. What was the impersonal bureaucracy of the Han Dynasty eroded by?
5. When did Warren Hastings decide to apply the Dharmasastra to the Hindus, Islamic law to the Muslims, and some version of English "Justice, Equity, and Good Conscience" to all other cases?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened between the Christian church and political authorities in Europe according to Chapter 18?
2. What are four differing results relating to accountability?
3. What eventually happened to the central authority of the state in Hungary?
4. What did the Orthodox Christian Church not do?
5. What has China repeatedly returned to according to Chapter 20?
6. What is political decay part of?
7. What did Pope Gregory VII do in 1073?
8. What two countries are examples of states that failed to develop accountability in Chapter 25?
9. What was British Common Law?
10. What did Russia not share with the Ottomans according to Chapter 26?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)