|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much land did the Catholic Church own in Denmark in 1536?
2. When was Constantinople taken by the Turks?
3. What class was eliminated by the two world wars in Germany?
(a) The Grumber.
(b) The Junker.
(c) The Volk.
(d) The Grainer.
4. When did the Catholic Church declare its independence from secular authorities?
(a) 11th century.
(b) 15th century.
(c) 13th century.
(d) 12th century.
5. When was "Political Order in Changing Societies" published according to Chapter 30?
Short Answer Questions
1. What country has become what some political scientists label an "electoral authoritarian" regime according to Chapter 26?
2. When did Constantine convert to Christianity according to Chapter 18?
3. When was the Duma reinstated after Peter the Great?
4. When did the Russian aristocrats have their service obligation abolished?
5. When did Philip II issue the law that stated "no impositions, contributions, or other taxes are to be imposed on the whole Kingdom without the Cortes being summoned and without their being granted by the procuradores"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has China repeatedly returned to according to Chapter 20?
2. What was a necessary step for accountability in France?
3. How does Fukuyama define accountability in Chapter 22?
4. What is political decay part of?
5. Where are the political factors traced back to?
6. What tips a state towards accountability according to Chapter 28?
7. What happened in the final years of the French monarchy according to Chapter 23?
8. Why is Latin America unique according to Chapter 24?
9. What did Russia not share with the Ottomans according to Chapter 26?
10. What happened between the Christian church and political authorities in Europe according to Chapter 18?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)