|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What led Emperor Chengu to cancel long distance voyages?
(a) Fear of god.
(b) High expensive.
(c) Lack of political gain.
(d) Self satisfaction.
2. Where was the old Teotihuacán city located?
3. When did Constantine convert to Christianity according to Chapter 18?
4. How much was the per capita spending on all government services, from armies and roads to schools and police on the street in Afghanistan in 2008?
5. When did Warren Hastings decide to apply the Dharmasastra to the Hindus, Islamic law to the Muslims, and some version of English "Justice, Equity, and Good Conscience" to all other cases?
Short Answer Questions
1. What corresponds to what is now called positive law according to Chapter 17?
2. When did King Bela III die?
3. When was the Peace of Westphalia signed?
4. How many taels of silver were left in the Chinese treasury in the early 17th century China?
5. What was the impersonal bureaucracy of the Han Dynasty eroded by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the second question that Fukuyama addresses?
2. What was the Mandate of Heaven?
3. What did Russia not share with the Ottomans according to Chapter 26?
4. How does Fukuyama define accountability in Chapter 22?
5. What tips a state towards accountability according to Chapter 28?
6. Why is Latin America unique according to Chapter 24?
7. What does Fukuyama say about the English Parliament in Chapter 27?
8. What did Pope Gregory VII do in 1073?
9. What happened between the Christian church and political authorities in Europe according to Chapter 18?
10. How does Fukuyama rest his theory in Chapter 29?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)