|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the nickname of Empress Wu?
(a) Crazy Empress Wu.
(b) Evil CWu.
(c) Good Empress Wu.
(d) Beautiful Empress Wu.
2. Why do people in favelas not invest in their homes?
(a) They do not own them.
(b) They cannot take loans.
(c) The police always destroy improvements.
(d) The drug lords won't allow it.
3. When did the Iranian Islamist revolution take place?
4. What emerged as a a result of lineages need to place to bury their ancestors and appease the souls of the dead according to Chapter 29?
(b) Private property.
(c) Public land.
5. Who was forced to abdicate after the Glorious Revolution?
(a) Mark II.
(b) George II.
(c) James II.
(d) Richard II.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are not formally accountable to their people except through a parliament with very limited powers, but have been careful to attend to the demands of the various groups that make up the country?
2. When did the Battle of Lepanto take place?
3. What corresponds to what is now called positive law according to Chapter 17?
4. How much did the European population increase between 1500 and 1600?
5. When did the Romanov of Russia gain power according to Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Church become in Europe?
2. What was the Mandate of Heaven?
3. What was a necessary step for accountability in France?
4. Why is Latin America unique according to Chapter 24?
5. What did Pope Gregory VII do in 1073?
6. What are four differing results relating to accountability?
7. What eventually happened to the central authority of the state in Hungary?
8. What tips a state towards accountability according to Chapter 28?
9. What does Fukuyama distinguish between when discussing the "rule of law" in Chapter 17?
10. What happened in the final years of the French monarchy according to Chapter 23?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)