|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second of three components of political development that together constitute modern politics?
(a) The rule of the land.
(b) The rule of law.
(c) The code of law.
(d) The law of the land.
2. Who was forced to abdicate after the Glorious Revolution?
(a) Richard II.
(b) James II.
(c) George II.
(d) Mark II.
3. How many taels of silver were left in the Chinese treasury in the early 17th century China?
4. When was "The Wealth of Nations" written in relation to Marx?
(a) 75 years before.
(b) 65 years before.
(c) 45 years before.
(d) 55 years before.
5. When did the Battle of Lepanto take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Shastras according to Chapter 19?
2. When did Warren Hastings decide to apply the Dharmasastra to the Hindus, Islamic law to the Muslims, and some version of English "Justice, Equity, and Good Conscience" to all other cases?
3. When was the Table of Ranks put in place in Russia?
4. When did Louis XIV die?
5. What corresponds to what is now called positive law according to Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Pope Gregory VII do in 1073?
2. How does Fukuyama rest his theory in Chapter 29?
3. What did Russia not share with the Ottomans according to Chapter 26?
4. What happened between the Christian church and political authorities in Europe according to Chapter 18?
5. What did the Church become in Europe?
6. What are four differing results relating to accountability?
7. What is the first question that Fukuyama asks about political development in Chapter 30?
8. What does Fukuyama say about the English Parliament in Chapter 27?
9. What does Fukuyama distinguish between when discussing the "rule of law" in Chapter 17?
10. What was the Mandate of Heaven?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)