|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take to put down the Yellow Turban peasant rebellion?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 40 years.
2. What was the Bahri regiment named after?
(a) A fortress.
(b) A king.
(c) A lake.
(d) A god.
3. What population density allowed agriculture?
(a) 80 to 100 people per square kilometer.
(b) 40 to 60 people per square kilometer.
(c) 60 to 70 people per square kilometer.
(d) 60 to 80 people per square kilometer.
4. How much did grain prices in Anatolia in constant silver units rose by between 1489 to 1616?
5. Who said "I conceive that land belongs to a vast family of which many are dead, few are living and countless members are still unborn"?
(a) An Ivory Coast chief.
(b) A New Guinean chief.
(c) A Somalian chief.
(d) A Nigerian chief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of Richard Wrangham?
2. When did the State of Chu perform a cadastral survey?
3. When did the Norman Conquest of England take place?
4. Who argued that a just city had to exist in conformity with man's permanent nature and not what was ephemeral and changing according to Chapter 2?
5. When was the Byzantine army defeated at Baphaeon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What three main kingdoms developed according to Chapter 12?
2. What did Pope Gregory VII do in 1073?
3. What brought distant common ancestors closer according to Fukuyama?
4. How was Europe different?
5. What was the Mandate of Heaven?
6. What has China repeatedly returned to according to Chapter 20?
7. How does Fukuyama rest his theory in Chapter 29?
8. What was never eliminated in China, India, and the Middle East despite efforts of leaders according to Chapter 16?
9. What practice does Fukuyama examine in Chapter 13?
10. Where are the political factors traced back to?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)