|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who collectivized land in 1978?
(a) Mao Zedong.
(b) Jiang Zemin.
(c) Deng Xiaoping.
(d) Zhu Rongji.
2. When did India and China start diverging significantly?
(a) 700 B.C.
(b) 800 B.C.
(c) 600 B.C.
(d) 900 B.C.
3. Who argued that a just city had to exist in conformity with man's permanent nature and not what was ephemeral and changing according to Chapter 2?
(a) Engles and Rousseau.
(b) Plato and Engles.
(c) Rousseau and Plato.
(d) Plato and Aristotle.
4. How many was were fought during the Eastern Zhou rule of 294 years according to Chapter 7?
5. When did iron start being used commonly in China?
(a) 800 B.C.
(b) 600 B.C.
(c) 900 B.C.
(d) 700 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Chandra Gupta I rise to power?
2. When did the Zhou dynasty split?
3. How many countries had a electoral democracy in the late 1990's?
4. What justified an armed rebellion against the Emperor in China?
5. When did the Berlin Wall fall?
Short Essay Questions
1. How could the Brahamic religion be described?
2. What does Fukuyama examine regarding the structure of the Ottomans in Chapter 15?
3. What five attributes distinguishes a state from a tribal organization according to Chapter 5?
4. How was Europe different?
5. What does Fukuyama question regarding property rights in Chapter 4?
6. What three main kingdoms developed according to Chapter 12?
7. How was India's early political development different from that of China according to Chapter 10?
8. What was the Qin system and why did it collapse according to Chapter 8?
9. What weakens and strengths the central state authority?
10. What did the emergence of the Han dynasty bring?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)