|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What played an important functional role in facilitating large-scale collective action?
(a) Military power.
2. When did Clovis rule?
(a) 8th century.
(b) 6th century.
(c) 7th century.
(d) 11th century.
3. What was Steven Pinker's occupation?
(a) Evolutionary psychologist.
(b) Evolutionary anthropologist.
(c) Evolutionary historian.
(d) Evolutionary economist.
4. How many staff did the director of prayer have in the Han Dynasty?
5. When was a proposal put forward to limit estates to three thousand mou in China?
(a) 5 B.C.
(b) 9 B.C.
(c) 12 B.C.
(d) 7 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Ajatashatru die?
2. When was "Ancient Law" by Henry Maine published?
3. Who argued that a just city had to exist in conformity with man's permanent nature and not what was ephemeral and changing according to Chapter 2?
4. How many fiefdoms did the Zhou king setup?
5. Who helped the Emperor stage a coup against Empress Liang's house according to Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What eventually happened to the central authority of the state in Hungary?
2. What was the driving factor in creating a unified Chinese state, according to Chapter 7?
3. What did the Orthodox Christian Church not do?
4. What are four differing results relating to accountability?
5. What was the Qin system and why did it collapse according to Chapter 8?
6. What failures led do the undoing of the Ottoman Empire?
7. What were jatis and varnas according to Chapter 11?
8. What is the first question that Fukuyama asks about political development in Chapter 30?
9. What did the Church become in Europe?
10. What concept was largely based on kinship?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)