|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the State of Chu perform a cadastral survey?
2. How many countries of the third wave of democratization reverted to authoritarianism or saw a significant erosion of democratic institutions?
(a) 1 in 10.
(b) 1 in 3.
(c) 1 in 5.
(d) 2 in 7.
3. Who was the first civilization to invent the modern state?
4. When did Ying Zheng live according to Chapter 8?
(a) 259-210 B.C.
(b) 269-210 B.C.
(c) 239-210 B.C.
(d) 249-210 B.C.
5. What term designates a clan, community or group where people can only have a limited set of occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would never have occurred to a western slave owner to do in contrast to Eastern slave owners?
2. What was Elman Service's occupation?
3. What percentage of taxes are collected in the U.S?
4. When was "Ancient Law" by Henry Maine published?
5. When was "Discourse on the Origins of Inequality" published according to chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Europe different?
2. How could the Brahamic religion be described?
3. What caused a change in the number of polities during the Zhao Dynasty?
4. What happened in the final years of the French monarchy according to Chapter 23?
5. What did the emergence of the Han dynasty bring?
6. What is political decay part of?
7. What did China do to support the military and warfare?
8. How does Fukuyama rest his theory in Chapter 29?
9. What did the Church become in Europe?
10. What does Fukuyama question regarding property rights in Chapter 4?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)