|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many countries had a electoral democracy in the late 1990's?
2. Why were the Xiongnu, Huns, and Mongols such potent military powers?
(a) They were physically fit.
(b) They were using bows and arrows.
(c) They were able to mobilized nearly 100% of their male population.
(d) They were able to move fast because of their horses.
3. How many movies does Nigeria produce?
(a) As much as France.
(b) As much as Germany.
(c) As much as Hollywood.
(d) As much as Bollywood.
4. What society is still a hunter-gatherer society?
(a) Medieval France.
(b) The Roman Empire.
(c) Pre-Independence America.
5. What justified an armed rebellion against the Emperor in China?
(a) The loss of the Mandate of Heaven.
(b) The loss of the Mandate of Tang.
(c) The loss of the Mandate of Governance.
(d) The loss of the Mandate of Stability.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the predynastic Yangshao period run according to Chapter 6?
2. When did the Norman Conquest of England take place?
3. What metal made the infantry more useful?
4. How long did the sultanate last in India?
5. What is a socially and biologically grounded reality for human being?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was never eliminated in China, India, and the Middle East despite efforts of leaders according to Chapter 16?
2. What five attributes distinguishes a state from a tribal organization according to Chapter 5?
3. What does Fukuyama question regarding property rights in Chapter 4?
4. What happened to the patrimonial aristocratic class according to Chapter 9?
5. What did China do to support the military and warfare?
6. What was the method of agnation?
7. How was India's early political development different from that of China according to Chapter 10?
8. What was the Qin system and why did it collapse according to Chapter 8?
9. What does Fukuyama discuss about chimps?
10. What does Fukuyama explain about China and its history in Chapter 6?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)