|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ohn Hajna's occupation?
2. Who killed the grand councilor Li Si?
(a) A eunuch.
(b) The Emperor.
(c) His personal guards.
(d) Empress Xu.
3. When did the Han Dynasty hold power?
(a) 206 B.C to 9 B.C.
(b) 206 B.C to 9 A.D.
(c) 226 B.C to 9 A.D.
(d) 206 B.C to 19 A.D.
4. What were the agnatic descent groups described by Fustel de Coulanges known as in Rome?
5. When did Ajatashatru die?
(a) 451 BC.
(b) 481 BC.
(c) 461 BC.
(d) 471 BC.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take to put down the Yellow Turban peasant rebellion?
2. How may countries were considered free by the Freedom House in 1973, according to Chapter 1?
3. How much of human and Chimpanzee DNA overlap?
4. When was Sultan Selim II deposed according to Chapter 13?
5. What percentage of taxes are collected in the U.S?
Short Essay Questions
1. What general assumption is made by the author in the Preface?
2. How did the Mamluks eventually disturb the nature of their relation to the state?
3. What does Fukuyama question regarding property rights in Chapter 4?
4. What concept was largely based on kinship?
5. What was the method of agnation?
6. What does Fukuyama discuss about chimps?
7. How was India's early political development different from that of China according to Chapter 10?
8. What happened to the patrimonial aristocratic class according to Chapter 9?
9. How was Europe different?
10. What will a successful modern democracy have?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)