Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age were young boys or men starting their training for public service under Emperor Wu?
2. When did the Sui Dynasty disappear?
3. Who was the first civilization to invent the modern state?
4. When did the Mauryas empire rule India?
(a) 221 to 85 B.C.
(b) 421 to 185 B.C.
(c) 321 to 185 B.C.
(d) 221 to 55 B.C.
5. When did the Norman Conquest of England take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said "I conceive that land belongs to a vast family of which many are dead, few are living and countless members are still unborn"?
2. What was the sanjakbey duties?
3. What was S. E. Finer's occupation?
4. How long did it take to put down the Yellow Turban peasant rebellion?
5. How did Brihadratha die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will a successful modern democracy have?
2. What are four differing results relating to accountability?
3. What happened to the patrimonial aristocratic class according to Chapter 9?
4. What eventually happened to the central authority of the state in Hungary?
5. What was the first kind of organization according to the author in Chapter 3?
6. What does Fukuyama question regarding property rights in Chapter 4?
7. Why does Fukuyama attack theories like that of Karl Marx?
8. What does Fukayama identify as the three main institutions of modern democracy?
9. How was Europe different?
10. What did Fukuyama argue about the Malmuks in Chapter 14?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)