|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What metal made the infantry more useful?
2. When did the Sui Dynasty disappear?
3. When was "Ancient Law" by Henry Maine published?
4. Who was the first civilization to invent the modern state?
5. What was the sanjakbey duties?
(a) Public servant training.
(b) Protected civilians.
(c) Collected taxes.
(d) Led cavalry into battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were Qin Shi Huangdi and Ashoka building their empire?
2. When did Clovis rule?
3. How long did the Qin dynasty survive Ying Zheng?
4. What were the agnatic descent groups described by Fustel de Coulanges known as in Rome?
5. When did Maine spend time in India?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Europe different?
2. What failures led do the undoing of the Ottoman Empire?
3. What aspects of modern bureaucracy were in place during the Han dynasty?
4. What does Fukuyama examine regarding the structure of the Ottomans in Chapter 15?
5. What did warfare cause for many people?
6. What happened to the patrimonial aristocratic class according to Chapter 9?
7. What was the driving factor in creating a unified Chinese state, according to Chapter 7?
8. What brought distant common ancestors closer according to Fukuyama?
9. What five attributes distinguishes a state from a tribal organization according to Chapter 5?
10. What did the emergence of the Han dynasty bring?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)