|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Qin Dynasty start ruling over the whole of China?
(a) 321 B.C.
(b) 230 B.C.
(c) 250 B.C.
(d) 221 B.C.
2. How many countries of the third wave of democratization reverted to authoritarianism or saw a significant erosion of democratic institutions?
(a) 1 in 10.
(b) 2 in 7.
(c) 1 in 3.
(d) 1 in 5.
3. How long did the Tang Dynasty last?
(a) Almost 300 years.
(b) Almost 200 years.
(c) Almost 400 years.
(d) Almost 500 years.
4. What would never have occurred to a western slave owner to do in contrast to Eastern slave owners?
(a) Nominated a slave to a high government officials.
(b) Freed a slave.
(c) Killed a slave.
(d) Married a slave.
5. How many staff did the director of prayer have in the Han Dynasty?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Greeks and Romans poor on the tomb of a dead man?
2. Who appointed Ogier Ghiselin de Busbecq at the court of Suleiman the Magnificent?
3. How many enemy soldiers did the state of Qin kill during the period from 356 to 236 B.C?
4. When did the Sui Dynasty disappear?
5. When did iron start being used commonly in China?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Europe different?
2. How could the Brahamic religion be described?
3. What does Fukuyama examine regarding the structure of the Ottomans in Chapter 15?
4. What was feudalism like in China?
5. What did warfare cause for many people?
6. What were jatis and varnas according to Chapter 11?
7. Why was the Han dynasty not a democracy?
8. What was the driving factor in creating a unified Chinese state, according to Chapter 7?
9. What weakens and strengths the central state authority?
10. What happened to the patrimonial aristocratic class according to Chapter 9?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)