|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How large was the Chinese Empire in 1 A.D.?
(a) Comparable to 1945 Russia.
(b) Comparable to medieval Japan.
(c) Comparable to the Roman Empire.
(d) Comaprable to modern day Germany.
2. When did Sultan Barquq come to power?
3. When was Sultan Selim II deposed according to Chapter 13?
4. When did the Ayyubid dynasty end according to Chapter 14?
5. When did Chosroes I rule?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who argued that a just city had to exist in conformity with man's permanent nature and not what was ephemeral and changing according to Chapter 2?
2. What was S. E. Finer's occupation?
3. What was a motive for making war in tribal societies?
4. What was Ohn Hajna's occupation?
5. How many countries had a electoral democracy in the late 1990's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the method of agnation?
2. How did the Mamluks eventually disturb the nature of their relation to the state?
3. Why was the Han dynasty not a democracy?
4. What does Fukayama outline in Chapter 1?
5. What philosophies does Fukuyama reference and who does he share views with in Chapter 2?
6. How was Europe different?
7. What five attributes distinguishes a state from a tribal organization according to Chapter 5?
8. What did Fukuyama argue about the Malmuks in Chapter 14?
9. What brought distant common ancestors closer according to Fukuyama?
10. What practice does Fukuyama examine in Chapter 13?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)