|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did India became independent?
2. What is a Tit-for-tat's varient?
(a) The golden rule.
(b) The rule of law.
(c) The rule of three.
(d) The black rule.
3. How large was the Chinese Empire in 1 A.D.?
(a) Comparable to the Roman Empire.
(b) Comparable to medieval Japan.
(c) Comaprable to modern day Germany.
(d) Comparable to 1945 Russia.
4. When did Alexander I of Russia manage to overrun a good part of Europe?
5. Who killed the grand councilor Li Si?
(a) Empress Xu.
(b) A eunuch.
(c) His personal guards.
(d) The Emperor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Sultan Selim II deposed according to Chapter 13?
2. What was Elman Service's occupation?
3. In China, what was the class somewhat below that of the nobility that included soldiers or other meritorious commoners?
4. Who was Seymour Martin?
5. Who appointed Ogier Ghiselin de Busbecq at the court of Suleiman the Magnificent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What weakens and strengths the central state authority?
2. What brought distant common ancestors closer according to Fukuyama?
3. What did the emergence of the Han dynasty bring?
4. What three main kingdoms developed according to Chapter 12?
5. What was the Qin system and why did it collapse according to Chapter 8?
6. What does Fukuyama examine regarding the structure of the Ottomans in Chapter 15?
7. What five attributes distinguishes a state from a tribal organization according to Chapter 5?
8. How was Europe different?
9. What does Fukayama identify as the three main institutions of modern democracy?
10. What general assumption is made by the author in the Preface?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)