|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the latifundia in agrarian societies say?
(a) The peasants are bound to take power.
(b) The rich get richer unless stopped.
(c) Rich will trickle down money.
(d) Serfs are expandable.
2. What was S. E. Finer's occupation?
3. Who was Seymour Martin?
(a) An anthropologist.
(b) A sociologist.
(c) An economist.
(d) An historian.
4. What is a socially and biologically grounded reality for human being?
5. When did the Qin Dynasty start ruling over the whole of China?
(a) 321 B.C.
(b) 230 B.C.
(c) 250 B.C.
(d) 221 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many staff did the director of prayer have in the Han Dynasty?
2. How may countries were considered free by the Freedom House in 1973, according to Chapter 1?
3. What is a particularly well-developed and pure example of segmentary lineage organization?
4. When did the Mauryas empire rule India?
5. How many commanderies were created by the Win?
Short Essay Questions
1. What practice does Fukuyama examine in Chapter 13?
2. How could the Brahamic religion be described?
3. What does Fukuyama discuss about chimps?
4. What general assumption is made by the author in the Preface?
5. What does Fukayama outline in Chapter 1?
6. What were jatis and varnas according to Chapter 11?
7. What was the first kind of organization according to the author in Chapter 3?
8. What did China do to support the military and warfare?
9. What failures led do the undoing of the Ottoman Empire?
10. What happened to the patrimonial aristocratic class according to Chapter 9?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)