|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was "Discourse on the Origins of Inequality" published according to chapter 3?
2. How many commanderies were created by the Win?
3. When was a proposal put forward to limit estates to three thousand mou in China?
(a) 9 B.C.
(b) 5 B.C.
(c) 7 B.C.
(d) 12 B.C.
4. When did Chosroes I rule?
5. Why were the Xiongnu, Huns, and Mongols such potent military powers?
(a) They were able to move fast because of their horses.
(b) They were able to mobilized nearly 100% of their male population.
(c) They were using bows and arrows.
(d) They were physically fit.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many was were fought during the Eastern Zhou rule of 294 years according to Chapter 7?
2. What were the agnatic descent groups described by Fustel de Coulanges known as in Rome?
3. How much of human and Chimpanzee DNA overlap?
4. What society is still a hunter-gatherer society?
5. When did the Ayyubid dynasty end according to Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will a successful modern democracy have?
2. What failures led do the undoing of the Ottoman Empire?
3. How was Europe different?
4. What aspects of modern bureaucracy were in place during the Han dynasty?
5. What was never eliminated in China, India, and the Middle East despite efforts of leaders according to Chapter 16?
6. Why was the Han dynasty not a democracy?
7. What did the emergence of the Han dynasty bring?
8. How could the Brahamic religion be described?
9. What did Fukuyama argue about the Malmuks in Chapter 14?
10. What concept was largely based on kinship?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)