|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What justified an armed rebellion against the Emperor in China?
(a) The loss of the Mandate of Governance.
(b) The loss of the Mandate of Stability.
(c) The loss of the Mandate of Heaven.
(d) The loss of the Mandate of Tang.
2. When did the Zhou dynasty split?
(a) 870 B.C.
(b) 770 B.C.
(c) 970 B.C.
(d) 570 B.C.
3. Who formulated an ideology of state building that explicitly laid out the logic of the new centralized state?
4. When did the Gauls choose to elect a common authority for the whole confederation?
(a) When Vercingetorix conquered Gaul.
(b) When war broke out with Rome.
(c) When the Huns were about to invade.
(d) When Caesar rose to power.
5. When did the first chiefdom and states start to appear in India according to Chapter 10?
(a) Third millenium B.C.
(b) First millenium B.C.
(c) Second millenium B.C.
(d) Fifth millenium B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped the Emperor stage a coup against Empress Liang's house according to Chapter 9?
2. What term designates a clan, community or group where people can only have a limited set of occupation?
3. How many was were fought during the Eastern Zhou rule of 294 years according to Chapter 7?
4. When did the Mauryas empire rule India?
5. How many enemy soldiers did the state of Qin kill during the period from 356 to 236 B.C?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused a change in the number of polities during the Zhao Dynasty?
2. What will a successful modern democracy have?
3. What brought distant common ancestors closer according to Fukuyama?
4. What general assumption is made by the author in the Preface?
5. What does Fukuyama say about the English Parliament in Chapter 27?
6. What was British Common Law?
7. What was feudalism like in China?
8. What happened in the final years of the French monarchy according to Chapter 23?
9. What was a necessary step for accountability in France?
10. What does Fukuyama discuss about chimps?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)