|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was "Ancient Law" by Henry Maine published?
2. What justified an armed rebellion against the Emperor in China?
(a) The loss of the Mandate of Stability.
(b) The loss of the Mandate of Tang.
(c) The loss of the Mandate of Heaven.
(d) The loss of the Mandate of Governance.
3. When did the Ayyubid dynasty end according to Chapter 14?
4. When was the Wei kingdom founded?
5. What played an important functional role in facilitating large-scale collective action?
(c) Military power.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first civilization to invent the modern state?
2. What is a socially and biologically grounded reality for human being?
3. When did the Gauls choose to elect a common authority for the whole confederation?
4. When did Ajatashatru die?
5. Who helped the Emperor stage a coup against Empress Liang's house according to Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did China do to support the military and warfare?
2. What was never eliminated in China, India, and the Middle East despite efforts of leaders according to Chapter 16?
3. What was the driving factor in creating a unified Chinese state, according to Chapter 7?
4. How did the Mamluks eventually disturb the nature of their relation to the state?
5. What was the first kind of organization according to the author in Chapter 3?
6. What weakens and strengths the central state authority?
7. What happened to the patrimonial aristocratic class according to Chapter 9?
8. What caused a change in the number of polities during the Zhao Dynasty?
9. What practice does Fukuyama examine in Chapter 13?
10. What does Fukuyama question regarding property rights in Chapter 4?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)