|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Communists claim victory in China?
2. What is a Tit-for-tat's varient?
(a) The golden rule.
(b) The rule of three.
(c) The black rule.
(d) The rule of law.
3. When did Alexander I of Russia manage to overrun a good part of Europe?
4. When did the Han Dynasty hold power?
(a) 226 B.C to 9 A.D.
(b) 206 B.C to 19 A.D.
(c) 206 B.C to 9 A.D.
(d) 206 B.C to 9 B.C.
5. What population density allowed agriculture?
(a) 60 to 70 people per square kilometer.
(b) 80 to 100 people per square kilometer.
(c) 60 to 80 people per square kilometer.
(d) 40 to 60 people per square kilometer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the agnatic descent groups described by Fustel de Coulanges known as in Rome?
2. When was Sultan Selim II deposed according to Chapter 13?
3. How many Kalinga died during the Kalinga campaign?
4. When did Ying Zheng live according to Chapter 8?
5. How many problems inherent to the design of Mamluk political institutions helped weaken said institutions over time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What failures led do the undoing of the Ottoman Empire?
2. What does Fukuyama explain about China and its history in Chapter 6?
3. What did China do to support the military and warfare?
4. What brought distant common ancestors closer according to Fukuyama?
5. What five attributes distinguishes a state from a tribal organization according to Chapter 5?
6. What concept was largely based on kinship?
7. What was the Qin system and why did it collapse according to Chapter 8?
8. What did the emergence of the Han dynasty bring?
9. What does Fukuyama examine regarding the structure of the Ottomans in Chapter 15?
10. What aspects of modern bureaucracy were in place during the Han dynasty?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)