|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Han Dynasty hold power?
(a) 206 B.C to 19 A.D.
(b) 206 B.C to 9 A.D.
(c) 226 B.C to 9 A.D.
(d) 206 B.C to 9 B.C.
2. How many countries had a electoral democracy in the late 1990's?
3. Who said "I conceive that land belongs to a vast family of which many are dead, few are living and countless members are still unborn"?
(a) A New Guinean chief.
(b) A Somalian chief.
(c) An Ivory Coast chief.
(d) A Nigerian chief.
4. When did India and China start diverging significantly?
(a) 800 B.C.
(b) 900 B.C.
(c) 700 B.C.
(d) 600 B.C.
5. What weapons played a key role in the fall of Constantinople?
(a) Long bows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ohn Hajna's occupation?
2. How much of human and Chimpanzee DNA overlap?
3. When was a proposal put forward to limit estates to three thousand mou in China?
4. Why were the Xiongnu, Huns, and Mongols such potent military powers?
5. Who was Seymour Martin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Fukuyama argue about the Malmuks in Chapter 14?
2. What was the driving factor in creating a unified Chinese state, according to Chapter 7?
3. How did the Mamluks eventually disturb the nature of their relation to the state?
4. What philosophies does Fukuyama reference and who does he share views with in Chapter 2?
5. What does Fukuyama discuss about chimps?
6. What does Fukuyama examine regarding the structure of the Ottomans in Chapter 15?
7. What does Fukayama identify as the three main institutions of modern democracy?
8. What will a successful modern democracy have?
9. What caused a change in the number of polities during the Zhao Dynasty?
10. How was India's early political development different from that of China according to Chapter 10?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)