|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many countries of the third wave of democratization reverted to authoritarianism or saw a significant erosion of democratic institutions?
(a) 2 in 7.
(b) 1 in 5.
(c) 1 in 10.
(d) 1 in 3.
2. When did the Mauryas empire rule India?
(a) 221 to 85 B.C.
(b) 321 to 185 B.C.
(c) 421 to 185 B.C.
(d) 221 to 55 B.C.
3. When did India became independent?
4. When was a proposal put forward to limit estates to three thousand mou in China?
(a) 7 B.C.
(b) 5 B.C.
(c) 12 B.C.
(d) 9 B.C.
5. At what age were young boys or men starting their training for public service under Emperor Wu?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was S. E. Finer's occupation?
2. What was a motive for making war in tribal societies?
3. How many families were relocated by the Qin Dynasty?
4. When was Empress Xu murdered?
5. What does the latifundia in agrarian societies say?
Short Essay Questions
1. What concept was largely based on kinship?
2. What three main kingdoms developed according to Chapter 12?
3. What caused a change in the number of polities during the Zhao Dynasty?
4. How was India's early political development different from that of China according to Chapter 10?
5. What was feudalism like in China?
6. What did warfare cause for many people?
7. What failures led do the undoing of the Ottoman Empire?
8. What brought distant common ancestors closer according to Fukuyama?
9. What was the driving factor in creating a unified Chinese state, according to Chapter 7?
10. What was the first kind of organization according to the author in Chapter 3?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)