|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What countries were examples of weak absolutism and failed accountability, according to Chapter 25?
(a) Italy and Spain.
(b) Spain and France.
(c) Germany and Italy.
(d) Britain and France.
2. When did the Iranian Islamist revolution take place?
3. When did Commodore Matthew Perry show up with his "black ships" in Tokyo Bay?
4. What did Pollock and Maitland write about the king?
(a) That he was not allowed to pass laws.
(b) That he would not bow to the law.
(c) That he was not above the law.
(d) That he was not the law.
5. Who are not formally accountable to their people except through a parliament with very limited powers, but have been careful to attend to the demands of the various groups that make up the country?
(a) Lybian leaders.
(b) Jordan Kings.
(c) Syrian leaders.
(d) Iran leaders.
6. How long did the Russian occupation by the Mongols last?
(a) 250 years.
(b) 350 years.
(c) 200 years.
(d) 450 years.
7. What emerged as a a result of lineages need to place to bury their ancestors and appease the souls of the dead according to Chapter 29?
(b) Public land.
(d) Private property.
8. When did the major powers face growing demands for military expenditures?
(a) 14th century on.
(b) 12th century on.
(c) 15th century on.
(d) 13th century on.
9. When did the Catholic church upheld the right of women to inherit property?
(a) 8th century.
(b) 7th century.
(c) 9th century.
(d) 11th century.
10. When did the Mongols enter Hungary?
11. When was "The Wealth of Nations" written in relation to Marx?
(a) 75 years before.
(b) 55 years before.
(c) 65 years before.
(d) 45 years before.
12. When did Philip II issue the law that stated "no impositions, contributions, or other taxes are to be imposed on the whole Kingdom without the Cortes being summoned and without their being granted by the procuradores"?
13. How many taels of silver were left in the Chinese treasury in the early 17th century China?
14. When did Mátyás Hunyadi die?
15. What was the impersonal bureaucracy of the Han Dynasty eroded by?
(a) Aristocratic families.
(b) Lack of applicants.
(c) High cost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was forced to abdicate after the Glorious Revolution?
2. What is kanunname derived from?
3. When was the Peace of Westphalia signed?
4. How much land did the Catholic Church own in Denmark in 1536?
5. What age didn't Qin pass though concerning army management?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)