|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What age didn't Qin pass though concerning army management?
(a) Mercenary Age.
(b) Golden Age.
(c) Volunteer Age.
(d) Conscription Age.
2. What was the highly sophisticated compilation of Roman law produced in Constantinople under at the beginning of the sixth century named?
(a) The Roman Code.
(b) The Imperial Code.
(c) The Contantinople Code.
(d) The Justinian Code.
3. When did the major powers face growing demands for military expenditures?
(a) 12th century on.
(b) 15th century on.
(c) 14th century on.
(d) 13th century on.
4. How much land did the French peasants own at the eve of the Revolution?
5. What is the second of three components of political development that together constitute modern politics?
(a) The rule of the land.
(b) The law of the land.
(c) The code of law.
(d) The rule of law.
6. When did Sir Edward Coke die?
7. When did Louis XIV die?
8. When was Constantinople taken by the Turks?
9. When did Commodore Matthew Perry show up with his "black ships" in Tokyo Bay?
10. What emerged as a a result of lineages need to place to bury their ancestors and appease the souls of the dead according to Chapter 29?
(a) Public land.
(b) Private property.
11. What was the per capita income range necessary to achieve the "upper middle income" status of the World Bank in the mid 20th century according to Chapter 24?
(a) $400 to $1,200.
(b) $40,000 to $125,000.
(c) $6,000 to $12,000.
(d) $4,000 to $12,000.
12. How many taels of silver were left in the Chinese treasury in the early 17th century China?
13. When did Cortes begin his conquest of Mexico?
14. How long did Charles I's personal rule last?
(a) 21 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 17 years.
(d) 11 years.
15. When was the Peace of Westphalia signed?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Moorish bastion of Grenada fell?
2. When was the Duma reinstated after Peter the Great?
3. What was the nickname of Empress Wu?
4. What Empire did not allow aristocracy to emerge?
5. When did the Seigneurial courts lose their power in England?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)