|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was the per capita spending on all government services, from armies and roads to schools and police on the street in Afghanistan in 2008?
2. When was Constantinople taken by the Turks?
3. When was the Concordat of Worms enacted ?
4. What was the per capita income range necessary to achieve the "upper middle income" status of the World Bank in the mid 20th century according to Chapter 24?
(a) $40,000 to $125,000.
(b) $4,000 to $12,000.
(c) $400 to $1,200.
(d) $6,000 to $12,000.
5. When did the major powers face growing demands for military expenditures?
(a) 13th century on.
(b) 15th century on.
(c) 12th century on.
(d) 14th century on.
6. Who was forced to abdicate after the Glorious Revolution?
(a) James II.
(b) Mark II.
(c) George II.
(d) Richard II.
7. When did Commodore Matthew Perry show up with his "black ships" in Tokyo Bay?
8. When was "Political Order in Changing Societies" published according to Chapter 30?
9. When did Warren Hastings decide to apply the Dharmasastra to the Hindus, Islamic law to the Muslims, and some version of English "Justice, Equity, and Good Conscience" to all other cases?
10. When did Constantine convert to Christianity according to Chapter 18?
11. How long did the Russian occupation by the Mongols last?
(a) 450 years.
(b) 200 years.
(c) 250 years.
(d) 350 years.
12. When did Sir Edward Coke die?
13. When did Philip II issue the law that stated "no impositions, contributions, or other taxes are to be imposed on the whole Kingdom without the Cortes being summoned and without their being granted by the procuradores"?
14. When was "The Wealth of Nations" written in relation to Marx?
(a) 45 years before.
(b) 65 years before.
(c) 55 years before.
(d) 75 years before.
15. What class was eliminated by the two world wars in Germany?
(a) The Grainer.
(b) The Junker.
(c) The Volk.
(d) The Grumber.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave the definition of institutions as "stable, valued, recurring patterns of behavior"?
2. What corresponds to what is now called positive law according to Chapter 17?
3. When did the French revolution take place?
4. What was the Ancien régime France an early prototype of?
5. What did Gregory VII do to the Roman Emperor Henry IV?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)