|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the major powers face growing demands for military expenditures?
(a) 13th century on.
(b) 14th century on.
(c) 15th century on.
(d) 12th century on.
2. When did Sir Edward Coke die?
3. When did the Moorish bastion of Grenada fell?
4. When did King Bela III die?
5. How many mechanisms offset growing poverty?
6. How much land did the French peasants own at the eve of the Revolution?
7. When did the Seigneurial courts lose their power in England?
8. What was the population of China at the start of the Ming Dynasty?
(a) 160 million.
(b) 50 million.
(c) 260 million.
(d) 60 million.
9. When did Philip II issue the law that stated "no impositions, contributions, or other taxes are to be imposed on the whole Kingdom without the Cortes being summoned and without their being granted by the procuradores"?
10. Who gave the definition of institutions as "stable, valued, recurring patterns of behavior"?
(a) Koenraad W. Swart.
(b) Ray Huang.
(c) Francis Fukuyama.
(d) Samuel Huntington.
11. How long did Charles I's personal rule last?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 11 years.
(c) 21 years.
(d) 17 years.
12. When did the Supreme Court rule on the Lochner v. New York case?
13. When was the Table of Ranks put in place in Russia?
14. Who are not formally accountable to their people except through a parliament with very limited powers, but have been careful to attend to the demands of the various groups that make up the country?
(a) Iran leaders.
(b) Syrian leaders.
(c) Lybian leaders.
(d) Jordan Kings.
15. Where was the old Teotihuacán city located?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pollock and Maitland write about the king?
2. What age didn't Qin pass though concerning army management?
3. Who was forced to abdicate after the Glorious Revolution?
4. What country has become what some political scientists label an "electoral authoritarian" regime according to Chapter 26?
5. What king imposed the Magna Carta after a military defeat?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)