|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the highly sophisticated compilation of Roman law produced in Constantinople under at the beginning of the sixth century named?
(a) The Roman Code.
(b) The Contantinople Code.
(c) The Imperial Code.
(d) The Justinian Code.
2. When did the Moorish bastion of Grenada fell?
3. When was the Table of Ranks put in place in Russia?
4. What problem did the Chinese not solve?
(a) The bad emperor problem.
(b) The evil emperor problem.
(c) The good emperor problem.
(d) The incompetent emperor problem.
5. What king imposed the Magna Carta after a military defeat?
(a) King John.
(b) Kind Edward.
(c) King Mark.
(d) King George.
6. What corresponds to what is now called positive law according to Chapter 17?
7. Why do people in favelas not invest in their homes?
(a) They do not own them.
(b) The police always destroy improvements.
(c) The drug lords won't allow it.
(d) They cannot take loans.
8. How many mechanisms offset growing poverty?
9. Who was forced to abdicate after the Glorious Revolution?
(a) James II.
(b) Richard II.
(c) Mark II.
(d) George II.
10. When did the Seigneurial courts lose their power in England?
11. How much land did the Catholic Church own in Denmark in 1536?
12. When was the Concordat of Worms enacted ?
13. When did Constantine convert to Christianity according to Chapter 18?
14. When did the Russian aristocrats have their service obligation abolished?
15. When did the French revolution take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Commodore Matthew Perry show up with his "black ships" in Tokyo Bay?
2. What led Emperor Chengu to cancel long distance voyages?
3. When was an examination system put back in place in China?
4. Who gave the definition of institutions as "stable, valued, recurring patterns of behavior"?
5. What Empire did not allow aristocracy to emerge?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)