|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Cortes begin his conquest of Mexico?
2. What age didn't Qin pass though concerning army management?
(a) Volunteer Age.
(b) Conscription Age.
(c) Golden Age.
(d) Mercenary Age.
3. When was the Concordat of Worms enacted ?
4. When was "The Wealth of Nations" written in relation to Marx?
(a) 55 years before.
(b) 75 years before.
(c) 45 years before.
(d) 65 years before.
5. When did the Moorish bastion of Grenada fell?
6. How many taels of silver were left in the Chinese treasury in the early 17th century China?
7. What is the second of three components of political development that together constitute modern politics?
(a) The code of law.
(b) The rule of the land.
(c) The law of the land.
(d) The rule of law.
8. How much land did the French peasants own at the eve of the Revolution?
9. What did Hayek say is not the result of top-down rational planning?
(a) Social order.
10. When was Constantinople taken by the Turks?
11. When was the Duma reinstated after Peter the Great?
12. When did Constantine convert to Christianity according to Chapter 18?
13. When did Peter the Great die?
14. Who was forced to abdicate after the Glorious Revolution?
(a) Mark II.
(b) Richard II.
(c) James II.
(d) George II.
15. Why do people in favelas not invest in their homes?
(a) They do not own them.
(b) The police always destroy improvements.
(c) They cannot take loans.
(d) The drug lords won't allow it.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Romanov of Russia gain power according to Chapter 21?
2. When did Philip II issue the law that stated "no impositions, contributions, or other taxes are to be imposed on the whole Kingdom without the Cortes being summoned and without their being granted by the procuradores"?
3. How much land did the Catholic Church own in Denmark in 1536?
4. What class was eliminated by the two world wars in Germany?
5. When did Sir Edward Coke die?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)