|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Commodore Matthew Perry show up with his "black ships" in Tokyo Bay?
2. How much land did the Catholic Church own in Denmark in 1536?
3. When did Philip II issue the law that stated "no impositions, contributions, or other taxes are to be imposed on the whole Kingdom without the Cortes being summoned and without their being granted by the procuradores"?
4. When did Warren Hastings decide to apply the Dharmasastra to the Hindus, Islamic law to the Muslims, and some version of English "Justice, Equity, and Good Conscience" to all other cases?
5. When did the Republic of China move to Taiwan according to Chapter 20?
6. How many mechanisms offset growing poverty?
7. What did Pollock and Maitland write about the king?
(a) That he would not bow to the law.
(b) That he was not above the law.
(c) That he was not the law.
(d) That he was not allowed to pass laws.
8. What was the Ancien régime France an early prototype of?
(a) Merit societies.
(b) Rent-seeking societies.
(c) Filial societies.
(d) Wealth societies.
9. When did Napoleon win at Jena-Auerstadt?
10. When was the Duma reinstated after Peter the Great?
11. What is the second of three components of political development that together constitute modern politics?
(a) The code of law.
(b) The rule of the land.
(c) The law of the land.
(d) The rule of law.
12. When did Constantine convert to Christianity according to Chapter 18?
13. What did Gregory VII do to the Roman Emperor Henry IV?
(a) He excommunicated him.
(b) He orderd his assassination.
(c) He married him.
(d) He gave him Italy as a gift.
14. What Empire did not allow aristocracy to emerge?
(a) The French Empire.
(b) The Chinese EMpire.
(c) The Mongol Empire.
(d) The Ottoman Empire.
15. Where was the old Teotihuacán city located?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did the European population increase between 1500 and 1600?
2. What did Hayek say is not the result of top-down rational planning?
3. What king imposed the Magna Carta after a military defeat?
4. When did Louis XIV die?
5. When did the Catholic church upheld the right of women to inherit property?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)