|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the Peace of Westphalia signed?
2. When did the Iranian Islamist revolution take place?
3. What did Hayek say is not the result of top-down rational planning?
(a) Social order.
4. How much was the per capita spending on all government services, from armies and roads to schools and police on the street in Afghanistan in 2008?
5. How long did Charles I's personal rule last?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 17 years.
(c) 11 years.
(d) 21 years.
6. How many taels of silver were left in the Chinese treasury in the early 17th century China?
7. How much land did the Catholic Church own in Denmark in 1536?
8. When did the Moorish bastion of Grenada fell?
9. What is the second of three components of political development that together constitute modern politics?
(a) The rule of law.
(b) The law of the land.
(c) The rule of the land.
(d) The code of law.
10. When was the Table of Ranks put in place in Russia?
11. What country has become what some political scientists label an "electoral authoritarian" regime according to Chapter 26?
(c) The Russian Federation.
12. What was the Ancien régime France an early prototype of?
(a) Rent-seeking societies.
(b) Filial societies.
(c) Merit societies.
(d) Wealth societies.
13. What was the population of China at the start of the Ming Dynasty?
(a) 50 million.
(b) 60 million.
(c) 160 million.
(d) 260 million.
14. When did Louis XIV die?
15. When was "The Wealth of Nations" written in relation to Marx?
(a) 55 years before.
(b) 65 years before.
(c) 75 years before.
(d) 45 years before.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are not formally accountable to their people except through a parliament with very limited powers, but have been careful to attend to the demands of the various groups that make up the country?
2. What emerged as a a result of lineages need to place to bury their ancestors and appease the souls of the dead according to Chapter 29?
3. Why do people in favelas not invest in their homes?
4. What problem did the Chinese not solve?
5. What are the Shastras according to Chapter 19?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)