|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Warren Hastings decide to apply the Dharmasastra to the Hindus, Islamic law to the Muslims, and some version of English "Justice, Equity, and Good Conscience" to all other cases?
2. When was the Table of Ranks put in place in Russia?
3. When did the Republic of China move to Taiwan according to Chapter 20?
4. When did Louis XIV die?
5. How much land did the Catholic Church own in Denmark in 1536?
6. When did the Catholic Church declare its independence from secular authorities?
(a) 15th century.
(b) 13th century.
(c) 11th century.
(d) 12th century.
7. When was Constantinople taken by the Turks?
8. What did Pollock and Maitland write about the king?
(a) That he was not allowed to pass laws.
(b) That he was not above the law.
(c) That he was not the law.
(d) That he would not bow to the law.
9. How much land did the French peasants own at the eve of the Revolution?
10. What is kanunname derived from?
(a) French law.
(b) Canon law
(c) Papal law.
(d) Roman law.
11. What was the per capita income range necessary to achieve the "upper middle income" status of the World Bank in the mid 20th century according to Chapter 24?
(a) $6,000 to $12,000.
(b) $400 to $1,200.
(c) $4,000 to $12,000.
(d) $40,000 to $125,000.
12. How many taels of silver were left in the Chinese treasury in the early 17th century China?
13. What Empire did not allow aristocracy to emerge?
(a) The French Empire.
(b) The Mongol Empire.
(c) The Chinese EMpire.
(d) The Ottoman Empire.
14. When did Napoleon win at Jena-Auerstadt?
15. When did the Romanov of Russia gain power according to Chapter 21?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Charles I's personal rule last?
2. When did the Kwangju massacre take place?
3. When was "The Wealth of Nations" written in relation to Marx?
4. What did Gregory VII do to the Roman Emperor Henry IV?
5. What was the Ancien régime France an early prototype of?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)