|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Constantinople taken by the Turks?
2. Who gave the definition of institutions as "stable, valued, recurring patterns of behavior"?
(a) Ray Huang.
(b) Francis Fukuyama.
(c) Koenraad W. Swart.
(d) Samuel Huntington.
3. What was the nickname of Empress Wu?
(a) Crazy Empress Wu.
(b) Evil CWu.
(c) Good Empress Wu.
(d) Beautiful Empress Wu.
4. What was the highly sophisticated compilation of Roman law produced in Constantinople under at the beginning of the sixth century named?
(a) The Contantinople Code.
(b) The Roman Code.
(c) The Justinian Code.
(d) The Imperial Code.
5. What Empire did not allow aristocracy to emerge?
(a) The Mongol Empire.
(b) The French Empire.
(c) The Chinese EMpire.
(d) The Ottoman Empire.
6. When did the Moorish bastion of Grenada fell?
7. When did the Republic of China move to Taiwan according to Chapter 20?
8. How many taels of silver were left in the Chinese treasury in the early 17th century China?
9. When was "The Wealth of Nations" written in relation to Marx?
(a) 55 years before.
(b) 45 years before.
(c) 65 years before.
(d) 75 years before.
10. What class was eliminated by the two world wars in Germany?
(a) The Grainer.
(b) The Grumber.
(c) The Junker.
(d) The Volk.
11. What led Emperor Chengu to cancel long distance voyages?
(a) Fear of god.
(b) High expensive.
(c) Lack of political gain.
(d) Self satisfaction.
12. What problem did the Chinese not solve?
(a) The good emperor problem.
(b) The bad emperor problem.
(c) The evil emperor problem.
(d) The incompetent emperor problem.
13. Who are not formally accountable to their people except through a parliament with very limited powers, but have been careful to attend to the demands of the various groups that make up the country?
(a) Lybian leaders.
(b) Syrian leaders.
(c) Jordan Kings.
(d) Iran leaders.
14. When was the Peace of Westphalia signed?
15. What corresponds to what is now called positive law according to Chapter 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hayek say is not the result of top-down rational planning?
2. Who was forced to abdicate after the Glorious Revolution?
3. How much did the European population increase between 1500 and 1600?
4. Why do people in favelas not invest in their homes?
5. When did Philip II issue the law that stated "no impositions, contributions, or other taxes are to be imposed on the whole Kingdom without the Cortes being summoned and without their being granted by the procuradores"?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)