|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the highly sophisticated compilation of Roman law produced in Constantinople under at the beginning of the sixth century named?
(a) The Roman Code.
(b) The Contantinople Code.
(c) The Justinian Code.
(d) The Imperial Code.
2. Who gave the definition of institutions as "stable, valued, recurring patterns of behavior"?
(a) Koenraad W. Swart.
(b) Samuel Huntington.
(c) Ray Huang.
(d) Francis Fukuyama.
3. When did the Kwangju massacre take place?
4. What was the impersonal bureaucracy of the Han Dynasty eroded by?
(a) Aristocratic families.
(b) High cost.
(c) Lack of applicants.
5. What did Gregory VII do to the Roman Emperor Henry IV?
(a) He excommunicated him.
(b) He orderd his assassination.
(c) He married him.
(d) He gave him Italy as a gift.
6. How much land did the Catholic Church own in Denmark in 1536?
7. When did the Iranian Islamist revolution take place?
8. Who was forced to abdicate after the Glorious Revolution?
(a) Richard II.
(b) James II.
(c) Mark II.
(d) George II.
9. When was "Political Order in Changing Societies" published according to Chapter 30?
10. What Empire did not allow aristocracy to emerge?
(a) The Chinese EMpire.
(b) The Mongol Empire.
(c) The Ottoman Empire.
(d) The French Empire.
11. Where was the old Teotihuacán city located?
12. How long did Charles I's personal rule last?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 11 years.
(c) 21 years.
(d) 17 years.
13. What was the Ancien régime France an early prototype of?
(a) Filial societies.
(b) Rent-seeking societies.
(c) Merit societies.
(d) Wealth societies.
14. When was the Concordat of Worms enacted ?
15. What was the population of China at the start of the Ming Dynasty?
(a) 50 million.
(b) 60 million.
(c) 260 million.
(d) 160 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. What king imposed the Magna Carta after a military defeat?
2. When did Louis XIV die?
3. What are the Shastras according to Chapter 19?
4. What is the second of three components of political development that together constitute modern politics?
5. When did the Romanov of Russia gain power according to Chapter 21?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)