|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the Table of Ranks put in place in Russia?
2. What class was eliminated by the two world wars in Germany?
(a) The Grumber.
(b) The Grainer.
(c) The Volk.
(d) The Junker.
3. When was the Concordat of Worms enacted ?
4. When did King Bela III die?
5. What emerged as a a result of lineages need to place to bury their ancestors and appease the souls of the dead according to Chapter 29?
(a) Private property.
(c) Public land.
6. When did Cortes begin his conquest of Mexico?
7. Who gave the definition of institutions as "stable, valued, recurring patterns of behavior"?
(a) Ray Huang.
(b) Francis Fukuyama.
(c) Samuel Huntington.
(d) Koenraad W. Swart.
8. How many mechanisms offset growing poverty?
9. When did the Moorish bastion of Grenada fell?
10. How much land did the French peasants own at the eve of the Revolution?
11. What is the second of three components of political development that together constitute modern politics?
(a) The rule of law.
(b) The code of law.
(c) The law of the land.
(d) The rule of the land.
12. When did Sir Edward Coke die?
13. When was an examination system put back in place in China?
14. When did Commodore Matthew Perry show up with his "black ships" in Tokyo Bay?
15. What did Gregory VII do to the Roman Emperor Henry IV?
(a) He orderd his assassination.
(b) He excommunicated him.
(c) He gave him Italy as a gift.
(d) He married him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Louis XIV die?
2. What was the impersonal bureaucracy of the Han Dynasty eroded by?
3. How much was the per capita spending on all government services, from armies and roads to schools and police on the street in Afghanistan in 2008?
4. When was the Golden Bull put in effect?
5. When did Warren Hastings decide to apply the Dharmasastra to the Hindus, Islamic law to the Muslims, and some version of English "Justice, Equity, and Good Conscience" to all other cases?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)