|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country has become what some political scientists label an "electoral authoritarian" regime according to Chapter 26?
(d) The Russian Federation.
2. When did the French revolution take place?
3. How much was the per capita spending on all government services, from armies and roads to schools and police on the street in Afghanistan in 2008?
4. What problem did the Chinese not solve?
(a) The incompetent emperor problem.
(b) The good emperor problem.
(c) The evil emperor problem.
(d) The bad emperor problem.
5. When did the Catholic Church declare its independence from secular authorities?
(a) 13th century.
(b) 11th century.
(c) 15th century.
(d) 12th century.
6. How many taels of silver were left in the Chinese treasury in the early 17th century China?
7. When did the Kwangju massacre take place?
8. When did the Seigneurial courts lose their power in England?
9. When did the Romanov of Russia gain power according to Chapter 21?
10. How much did the European population increase between 1500 and 1600?
11. What was the Ancien régime France an early prototype of?
(a) Filial societies.
(b) Merit societies.
(c) Wealth societies.
(d) Rent-seeking societies.
12. When did the Iranian Islamist revolution take place?
13. When did the Mongols enter Hungary?
14. Who gave the definition of institutions as "stable, valued, recurring patterns of behavior"?
(a) Ray Huang.
(b) Francis Fukuyama.
(c) Koenraad W. Swart.
(d) Samuel Huntington.
15. Why do people in favelas not invest in their homes?
(a) The drug lords won't allow it.
(b) They do not own them.
(c) They cannot take loans.
(d) The police always destroy improvements.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the highly sophisticated compilation of Roman law produced in Constantinople under at the beginning of the sixth century named?
2. When did the Russian aristocrats have their service obligation abolished?
3. What Empire did not allow aristocracy to emerge?
4. How long did Charles I's personal rule last?
5. What was the German state that emerged in Brandenburg-Prussia in the eighteenth century based on?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)