|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Commodore Matthew Perry show up with his "black ships" in Tokyo Bay?
2. When was the Duma reinstated after Peter the Great?
3. What did Gregory VII do to the Roman Emperor Henry IV?
(a) He gave him Italy as a gift.
(b) He excommunicated him.
(c) He married him.
(d) He orderd his assassination.
4. What corresponds to what is now called positive law according to Chapter 17?
5. When did the Supreme Court rule on the Lochner v. New York case?
6. What king imposed the Magna Carta after a military defeat?
(a) Kind Edward.
(b) King George.
(c) King John.
(d) King Mark.
7. What was the per capita income range necessary to achieve the "upper middle income" status of the World Bank in the mid 20th century according to Chapter 24?
(a) $400 to $1,200.
(b) $40,000 to $125,000.
(c) $4,000 to $12,000.
(d) $6,000 to $12,000.
8. How much land did the Catholic Church own in Denmark in 1536?
9. When did the Iranian Islamist revolution take place?
10. How many mechanisms offset growing poverty?
11. What is kanunname derived from?
(a) French law.
(b) Canon law
(c) Papal law.
(d) Roman law.
12. When did Constantine convert to Christianity according to Chapter 18?
13. What class was eliminated by the two world wars in Germany?
(a) The Grainer.
(b) The Volk.
(c) The Junker.
(d) The Grumber.
14. What was the nickname of Empress Wu?
(a) Good Empress Wu.
(b) Beautiful Empress Wu.
(c) Crazy Empress Wu.
(d) Evil CWu.
15. When was "Political Order in Changing Societies" published according to Chapter 30?
Short Answer Questions
1. What age didn't Qin pass though concerning army management?
2. What was the impersonal bureaucracy of the Han Dynasty eroded by?
3. When was the Golden Bull put in effect?
4. How much land did the French peasants own at the eve of the Revolution?
5. What did Pollock and Maitland write about the king?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)