|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the major powers face growing demands for military expenditures?
(a) 13th century on.
(b) 12th century on.
(c) 14th century on.
(d) 15th century on.
2. When was an examination system put back in place in China?
3. When did the Catholic Church declare its independence from secular authorities?
(a) 13th century.
(b) 15th century.
(c) 11th century.
(d) 12th century.
4. How many serfs did Count N. P. Sheremetov own?
5. When did Louis XIV die?
6. What was the nickname of Empress Wu?
(a) Good Empress Wu.
(b) Evil CWu.
(c) Crazy Empress Wu.
(d) Beautiful Empress Wu.
7. What Empire did not allow aristocracy to emerge?
(a) The French Empire.
(b) The Ottoman Empire.
(c) The Mongol Empire.
(d) The Chinese EMpire.
8. When was the Table of Ranks put in place in Russia?
9. What did Hayek say is not the result of top-down rational planning?
(d) Social order.
10. What was the Ancien régime France an early prototype of?
(a) Rent-seeking societies.
(b) Filial societies.
(c) Wealth societies.
(d) Merit societies.
11. When did Constantine convert to Christianity according to Chapter 18?
12. When was "The Wealth of Nations" written in relation to Marx?
(a) 55 years before.
(b) 45 years before.
(c) 65 years before.
(d) 75 years before.
13. When did the Catholic church upheld the right of women to inherit property?
(a) 9th century.
(b) 7th century.
(c) 11th century.
(d) 8th century.
14. When did the Seigneurial courts lose their power in England?
15. What was the German state that emerged in Brandenburg-Prussia in the eighteenth century based on?
(a) Merit based bureaucracy.
(b) Connection based bureaucracy.
(c) Wealth based bureaucracy.
(d) Filial based bureaucracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did the European population increase between 1500 and 1600?
2. What was the per capita income range necessary to achieve the "upper middle income" status of the World Bank in the mid 20th century according to Chapter 24?
3. When did Sir Edward Coke die?
4. When did Warren Hastings decide to apply the Dharmasastra to the Hindus, Islamic law to the Muslims, and some version of English "Justice, Equity, and Good Conscience" to all other cases?
5. When did the Moorish bastion of Grenada fell?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)