|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pollock and Maitland write about the king?
(a) That he was not the law.
(b) That he was not above the law.
(c) That he would not bow to the law.
(d) That he was not allowed to pass laws.
2. When did the major powers face growing demands for military expenditures?
(a) 15th century on.
(b) 12th century on.
(c) 14th century on.
(d) 13th century on.
3. When did the Seigneurial courts lose their power in England?
4. When did the Mongols enter Hungary?
5. What country has become what some political scientists label an "electoral authoritarian" regime according to Chapter 26?
(b) The Russian Federation.
6. When was the Duma reinstated after Peter the Great?
7. When was the Concordat of Worms enacted ?
8. When did the Romanov of Russia gain power according to Chapter 21?
9. What was the German state that emerged in Brandenburg-Prussia in the eighteenth century based on?
(a) Merit based bureaucracy.
(b) Connection based bureaucracy.
(c) Filial based bureaucracy.
(d) Wealth based bureaucracy.
10. When did the Supreme Court rule on the Lochner v. New York case?
11. When did Peter the Great die?
12. How much did the European population increase between 1500 and 1600?
13. When was an examination system put back in place in China?
14. How much was the per capita spending on all government services, from armies and roads to schools and police on the street in Afghanistan in 2008?
15. Where was the old Teotihuacán city located?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Table of Ranks put in place in Russia?
2. How much land did the Catholic Church own in Denmark in 1536?
3. When was the Peace of Westphalia signed?
4. What is the second of three components of political development that together constitute modern politics?
5. What class was eliminated by the two world wars in Germany?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)