|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many mechanisms offset growing poverty?
2. How much land did the French peasants own at the eve of the Revolution?
3. What countries were examples of weak absolutism and failed accountability, according to Chapter 25?
(a) Spain and France.
(b) Britain and France.
(c) Italy and Spain.
(d) Germany and Italy.
4. How long did Charles I's personal rule last?
(a) 17 years.
(b) 11 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 21 years.
5. How many taels of silver were left in the Chinese treasury in the early 17th century China?
6. How much did the European population increase between 1500 and 1600?
7. What class was eliminated by the two world wars in Germany?
(a) The Grainer.
(b) The Junker.
(c) The Volk.
(d) The Grumber.
8. What Empire did not allow aristocracy to emerge?
(a) The French Empire.
(b) The Mongol Empire.
(c) The Chinese EMpire.
(d) The Ottoman Empire.
9. What problem did the Chinese not solve?
(a) The incompetent emperor problem.
(b) The evil emperor problem.
(c) The good emperor problem.
(d) The bad emperor problem.
10. When did the Romanov of Russia gain power according to Chapter 21?
11. Where was the old Teotihuacán city located?
12. How long did the Russian occupation by the Mongols last?
(a) 350 years.
(b) 250 years.
(c) 200 years.
(d) 450 years.
13. What is the second of three components of political development that together constitute modern politics?
(a) The rule of law.
(b) The law of the land.
(c) The rule of the land.
(d) The code of law.
14. What corresponds to what is now called positive law according to Chapter 17?
15. When did Philip II issue the law that stated "no impositions, contributions, or other taxes are to be imposed on the whole Kingdom without the Cortes being summoned and without their being granted by the procuradores"?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Moorish bastion of Grenada fell?
2. When did King Bela III die?
3. What was the German state that emerged in Brandenburg-Prussia in the eighteenth century based on?
4. When was Constantinople taken by the Turks?
5. When did the Republic of China move to Taiwan according to Chapter 20?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)