|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Constantinople taken by the Turks?
2. What did Pollock and Maitland write about the king?
(a) That he was not the law.
(b) That he was not allowed to pass laws.
(c) That he was not above the law.
(d) That he would not bow to the law.
3. What corresponds to what is now called positive law according to Chapter 17?
4. What countries were examples of weak absolutism and failed accountability, according to Chapter 25?
(a) Germany and Italy.
(b) Spain and France.
(c) Italy and Spain.
(d) Britain and France.
5. Who was forced to abdicate after the Glorious Revolution?
(a) James II.
(b) Richard II.
(c) Mark II.
(d) George II.
6. How many mechanisms offset growing poverty?
7. How much did the European population increase between 1500 and 1600?
8. When did the Seigneurial courts lose their power in England?
9. What was the population of China at the start of the Ming Dynasty?
(a) 260 million.
(b) 50 million.
(c) 160 million.
(d) 60 million.
10. How much was the per capita spending on all government services, from armies and roads to schools and police on the street in Afghanistan in 2008?
11. What are the Shastras according to Chapter 19?
(a) God's spoken words.
(b) The bad law.
(c) The first law.
(d) The law for the men.
12. How many taels of silver were left in the Chinese treasury in the early 17th century China?
13. What was the Ancien régime France an early prototype of?
(a) Filial societies.
(b) Wealth societies.
(c) Rent-seeking societies.
(d) Merit societies.
14. When did King Bela III die?
15. What was the impersonal bureaucracy of the Han Dynasty eroded by?
(a) Lack of applicants.
(c) High cost.
(d) Aristocratic families.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Peace of Westphalia signed?
2. When did the Romanov of Russia gain power according to Chapter 21?
3. When did Mátyás Hunyadi die?
4. What was the highly sophisticated compilation of Roman law produced in Constantinople under at the beginning of the sixth century named?
5. Why do people in favelas not invest in their homes?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)