|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the major powers face growing demands for military expenditures?
(a) 14th century on.
(b) 15th century on.
(c) 12th century on.
(d) 13th century on.
2. What emerged as a a result of lineages need to place to bury their ancestors and appease the souls of the dead according to Chapter 29?
(b) Private property.
(c) Public land.
3. How much was the per capita spending on all government services, from armies and roads to schools and police on the street in Afghanistan in 2008?
4. When did the Kwangju massacre take place?
5. When did the Supreme Court rule on the Lochner v. New York case?
6. What did Pollock and Maitland write about the king?
(a) That he was not above the law.
(b) That he was not the law.
(c) That he was not allowed to pass laws.
(d) That he would not bow to the law.
7. When did the French revolution take place?
8. When was an examination system put back in place in China?
9. What Empire did not allow aristocracy to emerge?
(a) The Chinese EMpire.
(b) The Ottoman Empire.
(c) The Mongol Empire.
(d) The French Empire.
10. When was the Duma reinstated after Peter the Great?
11. When did the Romanov of Russia gain power according to Chapter 21?
12. What was the Ancien régime France an early prototype of?
(a) Rent-seeking societies.
(b) Filial societies.
(c) Merit societies.
(d) Wealth societies.
13. When was "Political Order in Changing Societies" published according to Chapter 30?
14. What was the per capita income range necessary to achieve the "upper middle income" status of the World Bank in the mid 20th century according to Chapter 24?
(a) $400 to $1,200.
(b) $4,000 to $12,000.
(c) $6,000 to $12,000.
(d) $40,000 to $125,000.
15. How much land did the French peasants own at the eve of the Revolution?
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem did the Chinese not solve?
2. What is kanunname derived from?
3. Why do people in favelas not invest in their homes?
4. How much land did the Catholic Church own in Denmark in 1536?
5. What was the impersonal bureaucracy of the Han Dynasty eroded by?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)