|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Constantinople taken by the Turks?
2. When did Philip II issue the law that stated "no impositions, contributions, or other taxes are to be imposed on the whole Kingdom without the Cortes being summoned and without their being granted by the procuradores"?
3. How much was the per capita spending on all government services, from armies and roads to schools and police on the street in Afghanistan in 2008?
4. When was the Concordat of Worms enacted ?
5. Who gave the definition of institutions as "stable, valued, recurring patterns of behavior"?
(a) Francis Fukuyama.
(b) Ray Huang.
(c) Samuel Huntington.
(d) Koenraad W. Swart.
6. When was the Peace of Westphalia signed?
7. When did Commodore Matthew Perry show up with his "black ships" in Tokyo Bay?
8. When did Louis XIV die?
9. How many mechanisms offset growing poverty?
10. How much land did the French peasants own at the eve of the Revolution?
11. When did the Romanov of Russia gain power according to Chapter 21?
12. What was the per capita income range necessary to achieve the "upper middle income" status of the World Bank in the mid 20th century according to Chapter 24?
(a) $40,000 to $125,000.
(b) $400 to $1,200.
(c) $4,000 to $12,000.
(d) $6,000 to $12,000.
13. What led Emperor Chengu to cancel long distance voyages?
(a) Fear of god.
(b) Self satisfaction.
(c) High expensive.
(d) Lack of political gain.
14. How long did the Russian occupation by the Mongols last?
(a) 250 years.
(b) 200 years.
(c) 350 years.
(d) 450 years.
15. Why do people in favelas not invest in their homes?
(a) The drug lords won't allow it.
(b) They cannot take loans.
(c) They do not own them.
(d) The police always destroy improvements.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Constantine convert to Christianity according to Chapter 18?
2. When did the Catholic church upheld the right of women to inherit property?
3. How many taels of silver were left in the Chinese treasury in the early 17th century China?
4. What are the Shastras according to Chapter 19?
5. How many serfs did Count N. P. Sheremetov own?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)