|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What led Emperor Chengu to cancel long distance voyages?
(a) Self satisfaction.
(b) High expensive.
(c) Lack of political gain.
(d) Fear of god.
2. What class was eliminated by the two world wars in Germany?
(a) The Grainer.
(b) The Junker.
(c) The Volk.
(d) The Grumber.
3. What was the highly sophisticated compilation of Roman law produced in Constantinople under at the beginning of the sixth century named?
(a) The Roman Code.
(b) The Justinian Code.
(c) The Contantinople Code.
(d) The Imperial Code.
4. Who gave the definition of institutions as "stable, valued, recurring patterns of behavior"?
(a) Samuel Huntington.
(b) Koenraad W. Swart.
(c) Ray Huang.
(d) Francis Fukuyama.
5. When did the major powers face growing demands for military expenditures?
(a) 15th century on.
(b) 12th century on.
(c) 14th century on.
(d) 13th century on.
6. How long did the Russian occupation by the Mongols last?
(a) 350 years.
(b) 250 years.
(c) 450 years.
(d) 200 years.
7. When did Constantine convert to Christianity according to Chapter 18?
8. When did the Catholic church upheld the right of women to inherit property?
(a) 11th century.
(b) 8th century.
(c) 7th century.
(d) 9th century.
9. What emerged as a a result of lineages need to place to bury their ancestors and appease the souls of the dead according to Chapter 29?
(b) Private property.
(c) Public land.
10. Who are not formally accountable to their people except through a parliament with very limited powers, but have been careful to attend to the demands of the various groups that make up the country?
(a) Lybian leaders.
(b) Jordan Kings.
(c) Iran leaders.
(d) Syrian leaders.
11. When did Cortes begin his conquest of Mexico?
12. What was the Ancien régime France an early prototype of?
(a) Filial societies.
(b) Merit societies.
(c) Rent-seeking societies.
(d) Wealth societies.
13. What country has become what some political scientists label an "electoral authoritarian" regime according to Chapter 26?
(d) The Russian Federation.
14. When did the Moorish bastion of Grenada fell?
15. How many taels of silver were left in the Chinese treasury in the early 17th century China?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Russian aristocrats have their service obligation abolished?
2. How much did the European population increase between 1500 and 1600?
3. What are the Shastras according to Chapter 19?
4. What is the second of three components of political development that together constitute modern politics?
5. When was Constantinople taken by the Turks?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)