|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who collectivized land in 1978?
(a) Mao Zedong.
(b) Jiang Zemin.
(c) Zhu Rongji.
(d) Deng Xiaoping.
2. When did iron start being used commonly in China?
(a) 700 B.C.
(b) 800 B.C.
(c) 600 B.C.
(d) 900 B.C.
3. What did the Greeks and Romans poor on the tomb of a dead man?
4. When was a proposal put forward to limit estates to three thousand mou in China?
(a) 7 B.C.
(b) 12 B.C.
(c) 5 B.C.
(d) 9 B.C.
5. When did Ajatashatru die?
(a) 471 BC.
(b) 451 BC.
(c) 481 BC.
(d) 461 BC.
6. Who said "I conceive that land belongs to a vast family of which many are dead, few are living and countless members are still unborn"?
(a) A Nigerian chief.
(b) A New Guinean chief.
(c) A Somalian chief.
(d) An Ivory Coast chief.
7. When did the Ayyubid dynasty end according to Chapter 14?
8. Who formulated an ideology of state building that explicitly laid out the logic of the new centralized state?
9. How much land remained privately owned in the USSR?
10. When was the Wei kingdom founded?
11. When did the Sui Dynasty disappear?
12. When did the State of Chu perform a cadastral survey?
13. Who was Seymour Martin?
(a) A sociologist.
(b) An economist.
(c) An historian.
(d) An anthropologist.
14. Who argued that a just city had to exist in conformity with man's permanent nature and not what was ephemeral and changing according to Chapter 2?
(a) Plato and Aristotle.
(b) Engles and Rousseau.
(c) Rousseau and Plato.
(d) Plato and Engles.
15. At what age were young boys or men starting their training for public service under Emperor Wu?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote Communist Manifesto?
2. How long did it take to put down the Yellow Turban peasant rebellion?
3. What is the occupation of Richard Wrangham?
4. When did Chosroes I rule?
5. Who killed the grand councilor Li Si?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)