|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Ayyubid dynasty end according to Chapter 14?
2. Who collectivized land in 1978?
(a) Mao Zedong.
(b) Deng Xiaoping.
(c) Jiang Zemin.
(d) Zhu Rongji.
3. When did the predynastic Yangshao period run according to Chapter 6?
(a) 8000 to 2000 B.C.
(b) 5000 to 3000 B.C.
(c) 7000 to 3000 B.C.
(d) 6000 to 5000 B.C.
4. How long did it take to put down the Yellow Turban peasant rebellion?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 20 years.
5. How did Brihadratha die?
(a) He was assassinated.
(b) He died of old age.
(c) He died of cancer.
(d) He died during an accident.
6. When did the Orange Revolution happen?
7. When did the Sui Dynasty disappear?
8. How large was the Chinese Empire in 1 A.D.?
(a) Comaprable to modern day Germany.
(b) Comparable to medieval Japan.
(c) Comparable to the Roman Empire.
(d) Comparable to 1945 Russia.
9. Who helped the Emperor stage a coup against Empress Liang's house according to Chapter 9?
(b) His brothers.
(c) Loyal peasants.
(d) Mercenary troops.
10. When did Bimbisara become king?
(a) Second half of 17th century.
(b) Second half of 16th century.
(c) Second half of 14th century.
(d) Second half of 15th century.
11. What society is still a hunter-gatherer society?
(b) Pre-Independence America.
(c) Medieval France.
(d) The Roman Empire.
12. When did India and China start diverging significantly?
(a) 800 B.C.
(b) 600 B.C.
(c) 900 B.C.
(d) 700 B.C.
13. When did Sultan Barquq come to power?
14. Who was Seymour Martin?
(a) An anthropologist.
(b) A sociologist.
(c) An historian.
(d) An economist.
15. What was Elman Service's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Steven Pinker's occupation?
2. When did the Mauryas empire rule India?
3. When was a proposal put forward to limit estates to three thousand mou in China?
4. What percentage of taxes are collected in the U.S?
5. When did the Han Dynasty hold power?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)