|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many forms of punishment does Oracle bone describe during the Shang Dynasty?
2. What was Elman Service's occupation?
3. How much of human and Chimpanzee DNA overlap?
4. How long did it take to codify the ritual behavior within lineage?
(a) Two dynasties.
(b) One dynasty.
(c) Three dynasties.
(d) Five dynasties.
5. When was a proposal put forward to limit estates to three thousand mou in China?
(a) 12 B.C.
(b) 7 B.C.
(c) 5 B.C.
(d) 9 B.C.
6. How many countries of the third wave of democratization reverted to authoritarianism or saw a significant erosion of democratic institutions?
(a) 1 in 3.
(b) 2 in 7.
(c) 1 in 5.
(d) 1 in 10.
7. When was the Byzantine army defeated at Baphaeon?
8. How large was the Chinese Empire in 1 A.D.?
(a) Comaprable to modern day Germany.
(b) Comparable to 1945 Russia.
(c) Comparable to the Roman Empire.
(d) Comparable to medieval Japan.
9. When did India became independent?
10. When was the The Romance of the Three Kingdoms written?
(a) Early Qi dynasty.
(b) Early Ming dynasty.
(c) Early Tang dynasty.
(d) Early Whu dynasty.
11. How many movies does Nigeria produce?
(a) As much as Hollywood.
(b) As much as Germany.
(c) As much as Bollywood.
(d) As much as France.
12. Who formulated an ideology of state building that explicitly laid out the logic of the new centralized state?
13. When did iron start being used commonly in China?
(a) 800 B.C.
(b) 900 B.C.
(c) 700 B.C.
(d) 600 B.C.
14. What was the Bahri regiment named after?
(a) A lake.
(b) A king.
(c) A fortress.
(d) A god.
15. Who was the first civilization to invent the modern state?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are bBand-level societies built around?
2. When did Ajatashatru die?
3. When did Caliph al-Mahdi rise to power?
4. How much of the productive land in France was in ecclesiastical hands in the 7th century?
5. How many countries had a electoral democracy in the late 1990's?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)