|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Bimbisara become king?
(a) Second half of 16th century.
(b) Second half of 17th century.
(c) Second half of 14th century.
(d) Second half of 15th century.
2. When did the Zhou dynasty split?
(a) 970 B.C.
(b) 770 B.C.
(c) 870 B.C.
(d) 570 B.C.
3. How many Kalinga died during the Kalinga campaign?
4. How many countries had a electoral democracy in the late 1990's?
5. What percentage of taxes are collected in the U.S?
(a) More than 30%.
(b) More than 40%.
(c) More than 60%.
(d) More than 50%.
6. When did the first chiefdom and states start to appear in India according to Chapter 10?
(a) Second millenium B.C.
(b) Fifth millenium B.C.
(c) First millenium B.C.
(d) Third millenium B.C.
7. How long did the Tang Dynasty last?
(a) Almost 300 years.
(b) Almost 500 years.
(c) Almost 400 years.
(d) Almost 200 years.
8. Who helped the Emperor stage a coup against Empress Liang's house according to Chapter 9?
(a) Loyal peasants.
(b) Mercenary troops.
(d) His brothers.
9. When was the The Romance of the Three Kingdoms written?
(a) Early Qi dynasty.
(b) Early Tang dynasty.
(c) Early Whu dynasty.
(d) Early Ming dynasty.
10. When did the Communists claim victory in China?
11. How many staff did the director of prayer have in the Han Dynasty?
12. When did the Qin Dynasty start ruling over the whole of China?
(a) 250 B.C.
(b) 221 B.C.
(c) 230 B.C.
(d) 321 B.C.
13. Who formulated an ideology of state building that explicitly laid out the logic of the new centralized state?
14. How many families were relocated by the Qin Dynasty?
15. When did the Gauls choose to elect a common authority for the whole confederation?
(a) When war broke out with Rome.
(b) When Caesar rose to power.
(c) When Vercingetorix conquered Gaul.
(d) When the Huns were about to invade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are bBand-level societies built around?
2. How may countries were considered free by the Freedom House in 1973, according to Chapter 1?
3. Who killed the grand councilor Li Si?
4. In China, what was the class somewhat below that of the nobility that included soldiers or other meritorious commoners?
5. What is a socially and biologically grounded reality for human being?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)