|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did India and China start diverging significantly?
(a) 700 B.C.
(b) 600 B.C.
(c) 800 B.C.
(d) 900 B.C.
2. What term designates a clan, community or group where people can only have a limited set of occupation?
3. When did Chandra Gupta I rise to power?
(a) 320 A.D.
(b) 50 A.D.
(c) 340 A.D.
(d) 330 A.D.
4. What was S. E. Finer's occupation?
5. Why were the Xiongnu, Huns, and Mongols such potent military powers?
(a) They were physically fit.
(b) They were able to move fast because of their horses.
(c) They were using bows and arrows.
(d) They were able to mobilized nearly 100% of their male population.
6. When was the Byzantine army defeated at Baphaeon?
7. What would never have occurred to a western slave owner to do in contrast to Eastern slave owners?
(a) Freed a slave.
(b) Killed a slave.
(c) Nominated a slave to a high government officials.
(d) Married a slave.
8. What percentage of taxes are collected in the U.S?
(a) More than 40%.
(b) More than 60%.
(c) More than 30%.
(d) More than 50%.
9. What is a particularly well-developed and pure example of segmentary lineage organization?
(a) The Mari.
(b) The Grum.
(c) The Glo.
(d) The Nuer.
10. When did the Qin Dynasty start ruling over the whole of China?
(a) 230 B.C.
(b) 250 B.C.
(c) 321 B.C.
(d) 221 B.C.
11. How many movies does Nigeria produce?
(a) As much as France.
(b) As much as Germany.
(c) As much as Hollywood.
(d) As much as Bollywood.
12. Who was the first civilization to invent the modern state?
13. What was Ohn Hajna's occupation?
14. When was "Discourse on the Origins of Inequality" published according to chapter 3?
15. When were the collective farms disbanded in China?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age were young boys or men starting their training for public service under Emperor Wu?
2. How many of the Meiji Emperor's 15 children reached adulthood?
3. When did the Ayyubid dynasty end according to Chapter 14?
4. Who killed the grand councilor Li Si?
5. How long did it take to put down the Yellow Turban peasant rebellion?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)