|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age were young boys or men starting their training for public service under Emperor Wu?
2. When did the Sui Dynasty disappear?
3. Who was the first civilization to invent the modern state?
4. When did the Mauryas empire rule India?
(a) 221 to 85 B.C.
(b) 421 to 185 B.C.
(c) 321 to 185 B.C.
(d) 221 to 55 B.C.
5. When did the Norman Conquest of England take place?
6. Who said "I conceive that land belongs to a vast family of which many are dead, few are living and countless members are still unborn"?
(a) A New Guinean chief.
(b) An Ivory Coast chief.
(c) A Somalian chief.
(d) A Nigerian chief.
7. What was the sanjakbey duties?
(a) Led cavalry into battle.
(b) Protected civilians.
(c) Public servant training.
(d) Collected taxes.
8. What was S. E. Finer's occupation?
9. How long did it take to put down the Yellow Turban peasant rebellion?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 10 years.
10. How did Brihadratha die?
(a) He died of old age.
(b) He died during an accident.
(c) He was assassinated.
(d) He died of cancer.
11. How long did the Tang Dynasty last?
(a) Almost 300 years.
(b) Almost 200 years.
(c) Almost 500 years.
(d) Almost 400 years.
12. What is the occupation of Richard Wrangham?
13. When did the Gauls choose to elect a common authority for the whole confederation?
(a) When war broke out with Rome.
(b) When the Huns were about to invade.
(c) When Caesar rose to power.
(d) When Vercingetorix conquered Gaul.
14. What is a Tit-for-tat's varient?
(a) The golden rule.
(b) The rule of law.
(c) The rule of three.
(d) The black rule.
15. When was Sultan Selim II deposed according to Chapter 13?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Bahri regiment named after?
2. Who argued that a just city had to exist in conformity with man's permanent nature and not what was ephemeral and changing according to Chapter 2?
3. What did the Greeks and Romans poor on the tomb of a dead man?
4. How many staff did the director of prayer have in the Han Dynasty?
5. What was Ohn Hajna's occupation?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)