|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Qin Dynasty start ruling over the whole of China?
(a) 230 B.C.
(b) 321 B.C.
(c) 221 B.C.
(d) 250 B.C.
2. What would never have occurred to a western slave owner to do in contrast to Eastern slave owners?
(a) Nominated a slave to a high government officials.
(b) Married a slave.
(c) Freed a slave.
(d) Killed a slave.
3. When did India and China start diverging significantly?
(a) 900 B.C.
(b) 800 B.C.
(c) 600 B.C.
(d) 700 B.C.
4. Who said "I conceive that land belongs to a vast family of which many are dead, few are living and countless members are still unborn"?
(a) An Ivory Coast chief.
(b) A New Guinean chief.
(c) A Somalian chief.
(d) A Nigerian chief.
5. What does the latifundia in agrarian societies say?
(a) Serfs are expandable.
(b) Rich will trickle down money.
(c) The rich get richer unless stopped.
(d) The peasants are bound to take power.
6. When did Chandra Gupta I rise to power?
(a) 340 A.D.
(b) 320 A.D.
(c) 50 A.D.
(d) 330 A.D.
7. How many countries of the third wave of democratization reverted to authoritarianism or saw a significant erosion of democratic institutions?
(a) 1 in 3.
(b) 1 in 10.
(c) 2 in 7.
(d) 1 in 5.
8. How long did the Tang Dynasty last?
(a) Almost 200 years.
(b) Almost 400 years.
(c) Almost 300 years.
(d) Almost 500 years.
9. In China, what was the class somewhat below that of the nobility that included soldiers or other meritorious commoners?
10. When did the Orange Revolution happen?
11. How much of the productive land in France was in ecclesiastical hands in the 7th century?
(a) A fifth.
(b) A third.
(d) A fourth.
12. What was Steven Pinker's occupation?
(a) Evolutionary anthropologist.
(b) Evolutionary historian.
(c) Evolutionary psychologist.
(d) Evolutionary economist.
13. What are bBand-level societies built around?
(a) Familian society.
(b) Nuclear society.
(d) Poly nuclear society.
14. What is a particularly well-developed and pure example of segmentary lineage organization?
(a) The Nuer.
(b) The Grum.
(c) The Glo.
(d) The Mari.
15. What is a socially and biologically grounded reality for human being?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Bahri regiment named after?
2. What was a motive for making war in tribal societies?
3. What is a Tit-for-tat's varient?
4. How did Brihadratha die?
5. When was Machiavelli's "The Prince" written according to Chapter 15?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)