|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Bahri regiment named after?
(a) A king.
(b) A fortress.
(c) A lake.
(d) A god.
2. Who was the first civilization to invent the modern state?
3. When was a proposal put forward to limit estates to three thousand mou in China?
(a) 5 B.C.
(b) 12 B.C.
(c) 7 B.C.
(d) 9 B.C.
4. Who argued that a just city had to exist in conformity with man's permanent nature and not what was ephemeral and changing according to Chapter 2?
(a) Plato and Aristotle.
(b) Rousseau and Plato.
(c) Engles and Rousseau.
(d) Plato and Engles.
5. Who succeeded Mohammad?
(d) Abu Bakr
6. How much of human and Chimpanzee DNA overlap?
7. Who helped the Emperor stage a coup against Empress Liang's house according to Chapter 9?
(b) His brothers.
(c) Loyal peasants.
(d) Mercenary troops.
8. When did Alexander I of Russia manage to overrun a good part of Europe?
9. What metal made the infantry more useful?
10. How long did the Qin dynasty survive Ying Zheng?
(a) 214 years.
(b) 14 years.
(c) 114 years.
(d) 314 years.
11. When was the The Romance of the Three Kingdoms written?
(a) Early Ming dynasty.
(b) Early Whu dynasty.
(c) Early Qi dynasty.
(d) Early Tang dynasty.
12. How many was were fought during the Eastern Zhou rule of 294 years according to Chapter 7?
13. What were the agnatic descent groups described by Fustel de Coulanges known as in Rome?
14. Who formulated an ideology of state building that explicitly laid out the logic of the new centralized state?
15. When did Bimbisara become king?
(a) Second half of 15th century.
(b) Second half of 17th century.
(c) Second half of 16th century.
(d) Second half of 14th century.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the Meiji Emperor's 15 children reached adulthood?
2. How many problems inherent to the design of Mamluk political institutions helped weaken said institutions over time?
3. How many countries of the third wave of democratization reverted to authoritarianism or saw a significant erosion of democratic institutions?
4. When did Ying Zheng live according to Chapter 8?
5. What is the occupation of Richard Wrangham?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)