|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Bimbisara become king?
(a) Second half of 16th century.
(b) Second half of 15th century.
(c) Second half of 17th century.
(d) Second half of 14th century.
2. When did iron start being used commonly in China?
(a) 700 B.C.
(b) 600 B.C.
(c) 800 B.C.
(d) 900 B.C.
3. Who succeeded Mohammad?
(d) Abu Bakr
4. How many of the Meiji Emperor's 15 children reached adulthood?
5. How may countries were considered free by the Freedom House in 1973, according to Chapter 1?
6. Who wrote Communist Manifesto?
(a) Karl Marx.
(b) Friedrich Engels.
(c) Jean Jacques Rousseau.
7. What was the Bahri regiment named after?
(a) A king.
(b) A god.
(c) A fortress.
(d) A lake.
8. When did Caliph al-Mahdi rise to power?
9. What did the Greeks and Romans poor on the tomb of a dead man?
10. How many Kalinga died during the Kalinga campaign?
11. What does the latifundia in agrarian societies say?
(a) Rich will trickle down money.
(b) Serfs are expandable.
(c) The rich get richer unless stopped.
(d) The peasants are bound to take power.
12. Why were the Xiongnu, Huns, and Mongols such potent military powers?
(a) They were using bows and arrows.
(b) They were able to mobilized nearly 100% of their male population.
(c) They were physically fit.
(d) They were able to move fast because of their horses.
13. Who appointed Ogier Ghiselin de Busbecq at the court of Suleiman the Magnificent?
(a) Charles III.
(b) Charles V.
(c) Charles IV.
(d) Charles VI.
14. How large was the Chinese Empire in 1 A.D.?
(a) Comparable to 1945 Russia.
(b) Comparable to the Roman Empire.
(c) Comaprable to modern day Germany.
(d) Comparable to medieval Japan.
15. When was the The Romance of the Three Kingdoms written?
(a) Early Ming dynasty.
(b) Early Tang dynasty.
(c) Early Whu dynasty.
(d) Early Qi dynasty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Brihadratha die?
2. What is a particularly well-developed and pure example of segmentary lineage organization?
3. What is a Tit-for-tat's varient?
4. What society is still a hunter-gatherer society?
5. When was the Wei kingdom founded?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)