|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Emperor Wu rule?
(a) 141 to 77 B.C.
(b) 141 to 87 B.C.
(c) 131 to 87 B.C.
(d) 161 to 67 B.C.
2. When did the Norman Conquest of England take place?
3. What weapons played a key role in the fall of Constantinople?
(a) Long bows.
4. How many families were relocated by the Qin Dynasty?
5. When did Alexander I of Russia manage to overrun a good part of Europe?
6. What was Elman Service's occupation?
7. How much of human and Chimpanzee DNA overlap?
8. How many staff did the director of prayer have in the Han Dynasty?
9. How long did the sultanate last in India?
(a) 340 years.
(b) 310 years.
(c) 350 years.
(d) 320 years.
10. Who was the first civilization to invent the modern state?
11. When did Caliph al-Mahdi rise to power?
12. When was Empress Xu murdered?
(a) 80 B.C.
(b) 56 B.C.
(c) 69 B.C.
(d) 71 B.C.
13. When did the State of Chu perform a cadastral survey?
14. Who was Seymour Martin?
(a) An anthropologist.
(b) An economist.
(c) A sociologist.
(d) An historian.
15. When did the predynastic Yangshao period run according to Chapter 6?
(a) 7000 to 3000 B.C.
(b) 5000 to 3000 B.C.
(c) 6000 to 5000 B.C.
(d) 8000 to 2000 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term designates a clan, community or group where people can only have a limited set of occupation?
2. When was "Discourse on the Origins of Inequality" published according to chapter 3?
3. Who argued that a just city had to exist in conformity with man's permanent nature and not what was ephemeral and changing according to Chapter 2?
4. How many problems inherent to the design of Mamluk political institutions helped weaken said institutions over time?
5. When did the Han Dynasty hold power?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)