|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many countries had a electoral democracy in the late 1990's?
2. What were the agnatic descent groups described by Fustel de Coulanges known as in Rome?
3. When did the Gauls choose to elect a common authority for the whole confederation?
(a) When Caesar rose to power.
(b) When Vercingetorix conquered Gaul.
(c) When war broke out with Rome.
(d) When the Huns were about to invade.
4. Who formulated an ideology of state building that explicitly laid out the logic of the new centralized state?
5. When did Alexander I of Russia manage to overrun a good part of Europe?
6. When was the The Romance of the Three Kingdoms written?
(a) Early Qi dynasty.
(b) Early Tang dynasty.
(c) Early Ming dynasty.
(d) Early Whu dynasty.
7. Why were the Xiongnu, Huns, and Mongols such potent military powers?
(a) They were able to move fast because of their horses.
(b) They were using bows and arrows.
(c) They were physically fit.
(d) They were able to mobilized nearly 100% of their male population.
8. When were Qin Shi Huangdi and Ashoka building their empire?
(a) 3rd century B.C.
(b) 5rd century B.C.
(c) 2rd century B.C.
(d) 4rd century B.C.
9. How long did it take to put down the Yellow Turban peasant rebellion?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 40 years.
10. When was Sultan Selim II deposed according to Chapter 13?
11. When did Emperor Wu rule?
(a) 131 to 87 B.C.
(b) 141 to 77 B.C.
(c) 161 to 67 B.C.
(d) 141 to 87 B.C.
12. In China, what was the class somewhat below that of the nobility that included soldiers or other meritorious commoners?
13. How much land remained privately owned in the USSR?
14. How many fiefdoms did the Zhou king setup?
15. What does the latifundia in agrarian societies say?
(a) The rich get richer unless stopped.
(b) Rich will trickle down money.
(c) The peasants are bound to take power.
(d) Serfs are expandable.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the Tang Dynasty last?
2. When did the first chiefdom and states start to appear in India according to Chapter 10?
3. When did the Zhou dynasty split?
4. When was a proposal put forward to limit estates to three thousand mou in China?
5. What was Ohn Hajna's occupation?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)