|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first civilization to invent the modern state?
2. How long did the Qin dynasty survive Ying Zheng?
(a) 14 years.
(b) 114 years.
(c) 314 years.
(d) 214 years.
3. How did Brihadratha die?
(a) He was assassinated.
(b) He died of old age.
(c) He died of cancer.
(d) He died during an accident.
4. When did the Ayyubid dynasty end according to Chapter 14?
5. How many was were fought during the Eastern Zhou rule of 294 years according to Chapter 7?
6. How may countries were considered free by the Freedom House in 1973, according to Chapter 1?
7. How many families were relocated by the Qin Dynasty?
8. When were Qin Shi Huangdi and Ashoka building their empire?
(a) 3rd century B.C.
(b) 2rd century B.C.
(c) 5rd century B.C.
(d) 4rd century B.C.
9. How many forms of punishment does Oracle bone describe during the Shang Dynasty?
10. Who formulated an ideology of state building that explicitly laid out the logic of the new centralized state?
11. When did the State of Chu perform a cadastral survey?
12. How many countries of the third wave of democratization reverted to authoritarianism or saw a significant erosion of democratic institutions?
(a) 1 in 10.
(b) 2 in 7.
(c) 1 in 3.
(d) 1 in 5.
13. How large was the Chinese Empire in 1 A.D.?
(a) Comparable to medieval Japan.
(b) Comparable to 1945 Russia.
(c) Comaprable to modern day Germany.
(d) Comparable to the Roman Empire.
14. When did the Communists claim victory in China?
15. When did the Sui Dynasty disappear?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Empress Xu murdered?
2. What weapons played a key role in the fall of Constantinople?
3. When did the Norman Conquest of England take place?
4. How many problems inherent to the design of Mamluk political institutions helped weaken said institutions over time?
5. When did Maine spend time in India?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)