|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Chandra Gupta I rise to power?
(a) 320 A.D.
(b) 330 A.D.
(c) 340 A.D.
(d) 50 A.D.
2. When did Ajatashatru die?
(a) 461 BC.
(b) 481 BC.
(c) 451 BC.
(d) 471 BC.
3. When was "Ancient Law" by Henry Maine published?
4. When did Bimbisara become king?
(a) Second half of 15th century.
(b) Second half of 16th century.
(c) Second half of 17th century.
(d) Second half of 14th century.
5. When did India and China start diverging significantly?
(a) 700 B.C.
(b) 600 B.C.
(c) 800 B.C.
(d) 900 B.C.
6. How many was were fought during the Eastern Zhou rule of 294 years according to Chapter 7?
7. When did the Orange Revolution happen?
8. When did the Communists claim victory in China?
9. How many enemy soldiers did the state of Qin kill during the period from 356 to 236 B.C?
(a) 1.5 million.
(b) 5 million.
(c) 2.5 million.
(d) 0.5 million.
10. When was the The Romance of the Three Kingdoms written?
(a) Early Whu dynasty.
(b) Early Ming dynasty.
(c) Early Tang dynasty.
(d) Early Qi dynasty.
11. When did Sultan Barquq come to power?
12. When did Muhammad and his followers move to Medina?
13. When did Ying Zheng live according to Chapter 8?
(a) 269-210 B.C.
(b) 249-210 B.C.
(c) 239-210 B.C.
(d) 259-210 B.C.
14. How long did it take to codify the ritual behavior within lineage?
(a) One dynasty.
(b) Two dynasties.
(c) Three dynasties.
(d) Five dynasties.
15. When did the relationship between landlord and peasant had come to acquire a contractual character according to Jeno Szucs?
(a) 12th century.
(b) 15th century.
(c) 14th century.
(d) 13th century.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was a proposal put forward to limit estates to three thousand mou in China?
2. How many families were relocated by the Qin Dynasty?
3. How many problems inherent to the design of Mamluk political institutions helped weaken said institutions over time?
4. When did Maine spend time in India?
5. What did the Greeks and Romans poor on the tomb of a dead man?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)