|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Bimbisara become king?
(a) Second half of 15th century.
(b) Second half of 14th century.
(c) Second half of 16th century.
(d) Second half of 17th century.
2. When did the Mauryas empire rule India?
(a) 321 to 185 B.C.
(b) 221 to 85 B.C.
(c) 421 to 185 B.C.
(d) 221 to 55 B.C.
3. Who succeeded Mohammad?
(a) Abu Bakr
4. Who said "I conceive that land belongs to a vast family of which many are dead, few are living and countless members are still unborn"?
(a) A New Guinean chief.
(b) A Nigerian chief.
(c) An Ivory Coast chief.
(d) A Somalian chief.
5. How may countries were considered free by the Freedom House in 1973, according to Chapter 1?
6. When did iron start being used commonly in China?
(a) 800 B.C.
(b) 900 B.C.
(c) 600 B.C.
(d) 700 B.C.
7. When did Caliph al-Mahdi rise to power?
8. What does the latifundia in agrarian societies say?
(a) Rich will trickle down money.
(b) The rich get richer unless stopped.
(c) Serfs are expandable.
(d) The peasants are bound to take power.
9. How many countries of the third wave of democratization reverted to authoritarianism or saw a significant erosion of democratic institutions?
(a) 1 in 10.
(b) 2 in 7.
(c) 1 in 3.
(d) 1 in 5.
10. Who appointed Ogier Ghiselin de Busbecq at the court of Suleiman the Magnificent?
(a) Charles V.
(b) Charles IV.
(c) Charles VI.
(d) Charles III.
11. Who helped the Emperor stage a coup against Empress Liang's house according to Chapter 9?
(a) Loyal peasants.
(c) Mercenary troops.
(d) His brothers.
12. When were Qin Shi Huangdi and Ashoka building their empire?
(a) 5rd century B.C.
(b) 3rd century B.C.
(c) 4rd century B.C.
(d) 2rd century B.C.
13. How did Brihadratha die?
(a) He died during an accident.
(b) He was assassinated.
(c) He died of old age.
(d) He died of cancer.
14. How long did the Qin dynasty survive Ying Zheng?
(a) 214 years.
(b) 14 years.
(c) 314 years.
(d) 114 years.
15. How many Kalinga died during the Kalinga campaign?
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapons played a key role in the fall of Constantinople?
2. How much did grain prices in Anatolia in constant silver units rose by between 1489 to 1616?
3. When did the Sui Dynasty disappear?
4. When did Ying Zheng live according to Chapter 8?
5. Who killed the grand councilor Li Si?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)