|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was S. E. Finer's occupation?
2. Who appointed Ogier Ghiselin de Busbecq at the court of Suleiman the Magnificent?
(a) Charles VI.
(b) Charles III.
(c) Charles IV.
(d) Charles V.
3. When did Ajatashatru die?
(a) 471 BC.
(b) 451 BC.
(c) 461 BC.
(d) 481 BC.
4. What was Ohn Hajna's occupation?
5. Who killed the grand councilor Li Si?
(a) The Emperor.
(b) His personal guards.
(c) Empress Xu.
(d) A eunuch.
6. When did Emperor Wu rule?
(a) 141 to 77 B.C.
(b) 161 to 67 B.C.
(c) 141 to 87 B.C.
(d) 131 to 87 B.C.
7. Who argued that a just city had to exist in conformity with man's permanent nature and not what was ephemeral and changing according to Chapter 2?
(a) Rousseau and Plato.
(b) Plato and Aristotle.
(c) Plato and Engles.
(d) Engles and Rousseau.
8. When did Chandra Gupta I rise to power?
(a) 340 A.D.
(b) 320 A.D.
(c) 50 A.D.
(d) 330 A.D.
9. When did the State of Chu perform a cadastral survey?
10. When did the Mauryas empire rule India?
(a) 421 to 185 B.C.
(b) 221 to 55 B.C.
(c) 221 to 85 B.C.
(d) 321 to 185 B.C.
11. When was Sultan Selim II deposed according to Chapter 13?
12. How much land remained privately owned in the USSR?
13. What were the agnatic descent groups described by Fustel de Coulanges known as in Rome?
14. What justified an armed rebellion against the Emperor in China?
(a) The loss of the Mandate of Stability.
(b) The loss of the Mandate of Heaven.
(c) The loss of the Mandate of Tang.
(d) The loss of the Mandate of Governance.
15. How did Brihadratha die?
(a) He was assassinated.
(b) He died during an accident.
(c) He died of cancer.
(d) He died of old age.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Caliph al-Mahdi rise to power?
2. At what age were young boys or men starting their training for public service under Emperor Wu?
3. When were Qin Shi Huangdi and Ashoka building their empire?
4. When did India became independent?
5. When did the Orange Revolution happen?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)