|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a motive for making war in tribal societies?
(a) Destroying other religions.
(b) Passing time.
(c) Getting rich.
2. How large was the Chinese Empire in 1 A.D.?
(a) Comparable to medieval Japan.
(b) Comaprable to modern day Germany.
(c) Comparable to the Roman Empire.
(d) Comparable to 1945 Russia.
3. When did Bimbisara become king?
(a) Second half of 14th century.
(b) Second half of 16th century.
(c) Second half of 15th century.
(d) Second half of 17th century.
4. When was "Ancient Law" by Henry Maine published?
5. In China, what was the class somewhat below that of the nobility that included soldiers or other meritorious commoners?
6. What was Ohn Hajna's occupation?
7. What society is still a hunter-gatherer society?
(a) Medieval France.
(b) Pre-Independence America.
(c) The Roman Empire.
8. When did Caliph al-Mahdi rise to power?
9. Who wrote Communist Manifesto?
(a) Friedrich Engels.
(b) Karl Marx.
(d) Jean Jacques Rousseau.
10. How many problems inherent to the design of Mamluk political institutions helped weaken said institutions over time?
11. How many movies does Nigeria produce?
(a) As much as France.
(b) As much as Hollywood.
(c) As much as Bollywood.
(d) As much as Germany.
12. How did Brihadratha die?
(a) He died during an accident.
(b) He was assassinated.
(c) He died of cancer.
(d) He died of old age.
13. What were the agnatic descent groups described by Fustel de Coulanges known as in Rome?
14. What are bBand-level societies built around?
(b) Poly nuclear society.
(c) Nuclear society.
(d) Familian society.
15. Who collectivized land in 1978?
(a) Jiang Zemin.
(b) Deng Xiaoping.
(c) Mao Zedong.
(d) Zhu Rongji.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Tit-for-tat's varient?
2. When did Sultan Barquq come to power?
3. When did iron start being used commonly in China?
4. Who argued that a just city had to exist in conformity with man's permanent nature and not what was ephemeral and changing according to Chapter 2?
5. Who was the first civilization to invent the modern state?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)