|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened in 173, 179 and 182 in China?
2. When did the Sui Dynasty disappear?
3. When was "Discourse on the Origins of Inequality" published according to chapter 3?
4. How much did grain prices in Anatolia in constant silver units rose by between 1489 to 1616?
5. Who was Seymour Martin?
(a) An historian.
(b) A sociologist.
(c) An anthropologist.
(d) An economist.
6. What was Steven Pinker's occupation?
(a) Evolutionary psychologist.
(b) Evolutionary anthropologist.
(c) Evolutionary historian.
(d) Evolutionary economist.
7. How many of the Meiji Emperor's 15 children reached adulthood?
8. Who succeeded Mohammad?
(d) Abu Bakr
9. When did the Zhou dynasty split?
(a) 970 B.C.
(b) 770 B.C.
(c) 870 B.C.
(d) 570 B.C.
10. When did the first chiefdom and states start to appear in India according to Chapter 10?
(a) Third millenium B.C.
(b) Fifth millenium B.C.
(c) First millenium B.C.
(d) Second millenium B.C.
11. When did the relationship between landlord and peasant had come to acquire a contractual character according to Jeno Szucs?
(a) 12th century.
(b) 15th century.
(c) 13th century.
(d) 14th century.
12. When was "Ancient Law" by Henry Maine published?
13. When did Caliph al-Mahdi rise to power?
14. What is a Tit-for-tat's varient?
(a) The black rule.
(b) The golden rule.
(c) The rule of three.
(d) The rule of law.
15. When did the Mauryas empire rule India?
(a) 321 to 185 B.C.
(b) 421 to 185 B.C.
(c) 221 to 55 B.C.
(d) 221 to 85 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Machiavelli's "The Prince" written according to Chapter 15?
2. What is a particularly well-developed and pure example of segmentary lineage organization?
3. Who appointed Ogier Ghiselin de Busbecq at the court of Suleiman the Magnificent?
4. When did Chosroes I rule?
5. When did India and China start diverging significantly?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)