|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who killed the grand councilor Li Si?
(a) The Emperor.
(b) His personal guards.
(c) A eunuch.
(d) Empress Xu.
2. How many fiefdoms did the Zhou king setup?
3. How many families were relocated by the Qin Dynasty?
4. How long did the Qin dynasty survive Ying Zheng?
(a) 214 years.
(b) 114 years.
(c) 14 years.
(d) 314 years.
5. What society is still a hunter-gatherer society?
(a) Medieval France.
(c) The Roman Empire.
(d) Pre-Independence America.
6. What is a socially and biologically grounded reality for human being?
7. Who said "I conceive that land belongs to a vast family of which many are dead, few are living and countless members are still unborn"?
(a) An Ivory Coast chief.
(b) A Nigerian chief.
(c) A New Guinean chief.
(d) A Somalian chief.
8. What term designates a clan, community or group where people can only have a limited set of occupation?
9. When did the first chiefdom and states start to appear in India according to Chapter 10?
(a) Third millenium B.C.
(b) Fifth millenium B.C.
(c) First millenium B.C.
(d) Second millenium B.C.
10. When did the Qin Dynasty start ruling over the whole of China?
(a) 250 B.C.
(b) 221 B.C.
(c) 230 B.C.
(d) 321 B.C.
11. When did the Sui Dynasty disappear?
12. How many enemy soldiers did the state of Qin kill during the period from 356 to 236 B.C?
(a) 0.5 million.
(b) 1.5 million.
(c) 5 million.
(d) 2.5 million.
13. When did Sultan Barquq come to power?
14. Who succeeded Mohammad?
(c) Abu Bakr
15. What does the latifundia in agrarian societies say?
(a) The rich get richer unless stopped.
(b) Serfs are expandable.
(c) Rich will trickle down money.
(d) The peasants are bound to take power.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Han Dynasty hold power?
2. Who appointed Ogier Ghiselin de Busbecq at the court of Suleiman the Magnificent?
3. What was the sanjakbey duties?
4. Who was the first civilization to invent the modern state?
5. What played an important functional role in facilitating large-scale collective action?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)