|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In China, what was the class somewhat below that of the nobility that included soldiers or other meritorious commoners?
2. When was Empress Xu murdered?
(a) 56 B.C.
(b) 71 B.C.
(c) 69 B.C.
(d) 80 B.C.
3. What is a particularly well-developed and pure example of segmentary lineage organization?
(a) The Mari.
(b) The Nuer.
(c) The Glo.
(d) The Grum.
4. How many of the Meiji Emperor's 15 children reached adulthood?
5. How much of human and Chimpanzee DNA overlap?
6. Who helped the Emperor stage a coup against Empress Liang's house according to Chapter 9?
(a) His brothers.
(c) Mercenary troops.
(d) Loyal peasants.
7. What was S. E. Finer's occupation?
8. What was Ohn Hajna's occupation?
9. When did the predynastic Yangshao period run according to Chapter 6?
(a) 7000 to 3000 B.C.
(b) 6000 to 5000 B.C.
(c) 8000 to 2000 B.C.
(d) 5000 to 3000 B.C.
10. Who was the first civilization to invent the modern state?
11. Who was Seymour Martin?
(a) An economist.
(b) An historian.
(c) A sociologist.
(d) An anthropologist.
12. When was the Byzantine army defeated at Baphaeon?
13. When did the Mauryas empire rule India?
(a) 421 to 185 B.C.
(b) 221 to 85 B.C.
(c) 321 to 185 B.C.
(d) 221 to 55 B.C.
14. When did the Communists claim victory in China?
15. When were the collective farms disbanded in China?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did India and China start diverging significantly?
2. How long did the Qin dynasty survive Ying Zheng?
3. When did Maine spend time in India?
4. When did the Han Dynasty hold power?
5. What was a motive for making war in tribal societies?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)