|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many forms of punishment does Oracle bone describe during the Shang Dynasty?
2. What was Steven Pinker's occupation?
(a) Evolutionary psychologist.
(b) Evolutionary economist.
(c) Evolutionary anthropologist.
(d) Evolutionary historian.
3. How much of the productive land in France was in ecclesiastical hands in the 7th century?
(a) A fifth.
(b) A fourth.
(c) A third.
4. When did Muhammad and his followers move to Medina?
5. What is a particularly well-developed and pure example of segmentary lineage organization?
(a) The Mari.
(b) The Nuer.
(c) The Glo.
(d) The Grum.
6. How much of human and Chimpanzee DNA overlap?
7. When did Alexander I of Russia manage to overrun a good part of Europe?
8. When was a proposal put forward to limit estates to three thousand mou in China?
(a) 7 B.C.
(b) 5 B.C.
(c) 9 B.C.
(d) 12 B.C.
9. How long did the Qin dynasty survive Ying Zheng?
(a) 114 years.
(b) 14 years.
(c) 314 years.
(d) 214 years.
10. When was the Byzantine army defeated at Baphaeon?
11. How did Brihadratha die?
(a) He died during an accident.
(b) He died of old age.
(c) He was assassinated.
(d) He died of cancer.
12. When did Maine spend time in India?
(a) 1862 to 1868.
(b) 1862 to 1875.
(c) 1862 to 1872.
(d) 1862 to 1869.
13. How may countries were considered free by the Freedom House in 1973, according to Chapter 1?
14. What percentage of taxes are collected in the U.S?
(a) More than 30%.
(b) More than 60%.
(c) More than 40%.
(d) More than 50%.
15. What was Ohn Hajna's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the State of Chu perform a cadastral survey?
2. Who formulated an ideology of state building that explicitly laid out the logic of the new centralized state?
3. When was Empress Xu murdered?
4. When did iron start being used commonly in China?
5. What are bBand-level societies built around?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)