Short Essay Questions
1. What general assumption is made by the author in the Preface?
2. What does Fukayama outline in Chapter 1?
3. What does Fukayama identify as the three main institutions of modern democracy?
4. What will a successful modern democracy have?
5. What philosophies does Fukuyama reference and who does he share views with in Chapter 2?
6. What does Fukuyama discuss about chimps?
7. What was the first kind of organization according to the author in Chapter 3?
8. What was the method of agnation?
9. What brought distant common ancestors closer according to Fukuyama?
10. What does Fukuyama question regarding property rights in Chapter 4?
11. What concept was largely based on kinship?
12. What five attributes distinguishes a state from a tribal organization according to Chapter 5?
13. What does Fukuyama explain about China and its history in Chapter 6?
14. What caused a change in the number of polities during the Zhao Dynasty?
15. What was feudalism like in China?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)