|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V, Chapters 29-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Cortes begin his conquest of Mexico?
2. When did Chosroes I rule?
3. What was the German state that emerged in Brandenburg-Prussia in the eighteenth century based on?
(a) Merit based bureaucracy.
(b) Connection based bureaucracy.
(c) Filial based bureaucracy.
(d) Wealth based bureaucracy.
4. At what age were young boys or men starting their training for public service under Emperor Wu?
5. Who appointed Ogier Ghiselin de Busbecq at the court of Suleiman the Magnificent?
(a) Charles IV.
(b) Charles V.
(c) Charles VI.
(d) Charles III.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Constantine convert to Christianity according to Chapter 18?
2. When did the Gauls choose to elect a common authority for the whole confederation?
3. When did Emperor Wu rule?
4. Who formulated an ideology of state building that explicitly laid out the logic of the new centralized state?
5. What was Steven Pinker's occupation?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)