|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V, Chapters 29-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Steven Pinker's occupation?
(a) Evolutionary economist.
(b) Evolutionary historian.
(c) Evolutionary anthropologist.
(d) Evolutionary psychologist.
2. When did Cortes begin his conquest of Mexico?
3. When did the Orange Revolution happen?
4. When did Commodore Matthew Perry show up with his "black ships" in Tokyo Bay?
5. Who are not formally accountable to their people except through a parliament with very limited powers, but have been careful to attend to the demands of the various groups that make up the country?
(a) Iran leaders.
(b) Syrian leaders.
(c) Lybian leaders.
(d) Jordan Kings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the German state that emerged in Brandenburg-Prussia in the eighteenth century based on?
2. When did Philip II issue the law that stated "no impositions, contributions, or other taxes are to be imposed on the whole Kingdom without the Cortes being summoned and without their being granted by the procuradores"?
3. When did the Romanov of Russia gain power according to Chapter 21?
4. What weapons played a key role in the fall of Constantinople?
5. How long did the Tang Dynasty last?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)