|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapter 24-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who killed the grand councilor Li Si?
(a) His personal guards.
(b) Empress Xu.
(c) A eunuch.
(d) The Emperor.
2. What countries were examples of weak absolutism and failed accountability, according to Chapter 25?
(a) Britain and France.
(b) Spain and France.
(c) Italy and Spain.
(d) Germany and Italy.
3. Where was the Chimpanzee Puist kept?
(a) Arnhem Zoo.
(b) Monaco Zoo.
(c) London Zoo.
(d) San Diego Zoo.
4. Who formulated an ideology of state building that explicitly laid out the logic of the new centralized state?
5. When did the first chiefdom and states start to appear in India according to Chapter 10?
(a) Fifth millenium B.C.
(b) First millenium B.C.
(c) Second millenium B.C.
(d) Third millenium B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Orange Revolution happen?
2. How may countries were considered free by the Freedom House in 1973, according to Chapter 1?
3. Why do people in favelas not invest in their homes?
4. What was the per capita income range necessary to achieve the "upper middle income" status of the World Bank in the mid 20th century according to Chapter 24?
5. What is a particularly well-developed and pure example of segmentary lineage organization?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)