|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapter 24-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did iron start being used commonly in China?
(a) 800 B.C.
(b) 600 B.C.
(c) 900 B.C.
(d) 700 B.C.
2. When was "Ancient Law" by Henry Maine published?
3. What society is still a hunter-gatherer society?
(a) Pre-Independence America.
(b) Medieval France.
(c) The Roman Empire.
4. What was Steven Pinker's occupation?
(a) Evolutionary anthropologist.
(b) Evolutionary economist.
(c) Evolutionary psychologist.
(d) Evolutionary historian.
5. What are the Shastras according to Chapter 19?
(a) The first law.
(b) God's spoken words.
(c) The bad law.
(d) The law for the men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapons played a key role in the fall of Constantinople?
2. What metal made the infantry more useful?
3. When did the first chiefdom and states start to appear in India according to Chapter 10?
4. When did Louis XIV die?
5. When did the major powers face growing demands for military expenditures?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)