|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapter 24-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Steven Pinker's occupation?
(a) Evolutionary psychologist.
(b) Evolutionary economist.
(c) Evolutionary anthropologist.
(d) Evolutionary historian.
2. What was the German state that emerged in Brandenburg-Prussia in the eighteenth century based on?
(a) Wealth based bureaucracy.
(b) Merit based bureaucracy.
(c) Connection based bureaucracy.
(d) Filial based bureaucracy.
3. What was Ohn Hajna's occupation?
4. What society is still a hunter-gatherer society?
(a) Pre-Independence America.
(c) The Roman Empire.
(d) Medieval France.
5. How many countries of the third wave of democratization reverted to authoritarianism or saw a significant erosion of democratic institutions?
(a) 1 in 10.
(b) 1 in 5.
(c) 1 in 3.
(d) 2 in 7.
Short Answer Questions
1. What king imposed the Magna Carta after a military defeat?
2. How often were the lords and his commoner vassals called together to judge cases in feudal France?
3. When did India and China start diverging significantly?
4. What is a socially and biologically grounded reality for human being?
5. Who succeeded Mohammad?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)