|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first civilization to invent the modern state?
2. What did Gregory VII do to the Roman Emperor Henry IV?
(a) He excommunicated him.
(b) He married him.
(c) He gave him Italy as a gift.
(d) He orderd his assassination.
3. When did the Mauryas empire rule India?
(a) 321 to 185 B.C.
(b) 221 to 85 B.C.
(c) 221 to 55 B.C.
(d) 421 to 185 B.C.
4. When did Maine spend time in India?
(a) 1862 to 1868.
(b) 1862 to 1869.
(c) 1862 to 1872.
(d) 1862 to 1875.
5. How many was were fought during the Eastern Zhou rule of 294 years according to Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. What justified an armed rebellion against the Emperor in China?
2. Why were the Xiongnu, Huns, and Mongols such potent military powers?
3. What are bBand-level societies built around?
4. When did the Norman Conquest of England take place?
5. When was the Byzantine army defeated at Baphaeon?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)