|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appointed Ogier Ghiselin de Busbecq at the court of Suleiman the Magnificent?
(a) Charles IV.
(b) Charles V.
(c) Charles III.
(d) Charles VI.
2. Who was the first civilization to invent the modern state?
3. How large was the Chinese Empire in 1 A.D.?
(a) Comparable to the Roman Empire.
(b) Comaprable to modern day Germany.
(c) Comparable to medieval Japan.
(d) Comparable to 1945 Russia.
4. What is the second of three components of political development that together constitute modern politics?
(a) The code of law.
(b) The rule of law.
(c) The rule of the land.
(d) The law of the land.
5. When did the Ayyubid dynasty end according to Chapter 14?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many countries of the third wave of democratization reverted to authoritarianism or saw a significant erosion of democratic institutions?
2. What metal made the infantry more useful?
3. When were Qin Shi Huangdi and Ashoka building their empire?
4. When did the Mamluk regime fall?
5. What are the Shastras according to Chapter 19?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)