|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 14-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a motive for making war in tribal societies?
(b) Destroying other religions.
(c) Getting rich.
(d) Passing time.
2. Who helped the Emperor stage a coup against Empress Liang's house according to Chapter 9?
(a) Loyal peasants.
(b) His brothers.
(d) Mercenary troops.
3. Who argued that a just city had to exist in conformity with man's permanent nature and not what was ephemeral and changing according to Chapter 2?
(a) Rousseau and Plato.
(b) Engles and Rousseau.
(c) Plato and Engles.
(d) Plato and Aristotle.
4. What society is still a hunter-gatherer society?
(a) The Roman Empire.
(c) Medieval France.
(d) Pre-Independence America.
5. What happened in 173, 179 and 182 in China?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many was were fought during the Eastern Zhou rule of 294 years according to Chapter 7?
2. How many Kalinga died during the Kalinga campaign?
3. When was Machiavelli's "The Prince" written according to Chapter 15?
4. What is a particularly well-developed and pure example of segmentary lineage organization?
5. When did the Berlin Wall fall?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)