|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Communists claim victory in China?
2. How large was the Chinese Empire in 1 A.D.?
(a) Comparable to the Roman Empire.
(b) Comaprable to modern day Germany.
(c) Comparable to medieval Japan.
(d) Comparable to 1945 Russia.
3. When did the Mauryas empire rule India?
(a) 421 to 185 B.C.
(b) 321 to 185 B.C.
(c) 221 to 55 B.C.
(d) 221 to 85 B.C.
4. When did the Han Dynasty hold power?
(a) 206 B.C to 9 A.D.
(b) 226 B.C to 9 A.D.
(c) 206 B.C to 9 B.C.
(d) 206 B.C to 19 A.D.
5. What was a motive for making war in tribal societies?
(a) Passing time.
(c) Destroying other religions.
(d) Getting rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were the collective farms disbanded in China?
2. How many countries of the third wave of democratization reverted to authoritarianism or saw a significant erosion of democratic institutions?
3. How long did it take to put down the Yellow Turban peasant rebellion?
4. At what age were young boys or men starting their training for public service under Emperor Wu?
5. Who was the first civilization to invent the modern state?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)