|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a particularly well-developed and pure example of segmentary lineage organization?
(a) The Glo.
(b) The Grum.
(c) The Nuer.
(d) The Mari.
2. When did India and China start diverging significantly?
(a) 900 B.C.
(b) 800 B.C.
(c) 700 B.C.
(d) 600 B.C.
3. What does the latifundia in agrarian societies say?
(a) The rich get richer unless stopped.
(b) Serfs are expandable.
(c) The peasants are bound to take power.
(d) Rich will trickle down money.
4. Why were the Xiongnu, Huns, and Mongols such potent military powers?
(a) They were using bows and arrows.
(b) They were physically fit.
(c) They were able to move fast because of their horses.
(d) They were able to mobilized nearly 100% of their male population.
5. Who formulated an ideology of state building that explicitly laid out the logic of the new centralized state?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many forms of punishment does Oracle bone describe during the Shang Dynasty?
2. What was S. E. Finer's occupation?
3. Where was the Chimpanzee Puist kept?
4. When did the Mauryas empire rule India?
5. How much of human and Chimpanzee DNA overlap?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)