|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was "Ancient Law" by Henry Maine published?
2. When did India and China start diverging significantly?
(a) 600 B.C.
(b) 900 B.C.
(c) 700 B.C.
(d) 800 B.C.
3. What does the latifundia in agrarian societies say?
(a) Serfs are expandable.
(b) The peasants are bound to take power.
(c) Rich will trickle down money.
(d) The rich get richer unless stopped.
4. Who helped the Emperor stage a coup against Empress Liang's house according to Chapter 9?
(a) Mercenary troops.
(b) Loyal peasants.
(c) His brothers.
5. Who formulated an ideology of state building that explicitly laid out the logic of the new centralized state?
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of taxes are collected in the U.S?
2. What metal made the infantry more useful?
3. When did the Gauls choose to elect a common authority for the whole confederation?
4. Who argued that a just city had to exist in conformity with man's permanent nature and not what was ephemeral and changing according to Chapter 2?
5. What was Elman Service's occupation?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)