|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a motive for making war in tribal societies?
(a) Getting rich.
(b) Passing time.
(d) Destroying other religions.
2. When were the collective farms disbanded in China?
3. How many countries of the third wave of democratization reverted to authoritarianism or saw a significant erosion of democratic institutions?
(a) 1 in 3.
(b) 2 in 7.
(c) 1 in 10.
(d) 1 in 5.
4. When did the predynastic Yangshao period run according to Chapter 6?
(a) 5000 to 3000 B.C.
(b) 6000 to 5000 B.C.
(c) 8000 to 2000 B.C.
(d) 7000 to 3000 B.C.
5. When did Clovis rule?
(a) 8th century.
(b) 6th century.
(c) 11th century.
(d) 7th century.
Short Answer Questions
1. In China, what was the class somewhat below that of the nobility that included soldiers or other meritorious commoners?
2. How many countries had a electoral democracy in the late 1990's?
3. How many was were fought during the Eastern Zhou rule of 294 years according to Chapter 7?
4. When did the Han Dynasty hold power?
5. What played an important functional role in facilitating large-scale collective action?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)