|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of taxes are collected in the U.S?
(a) More than 50%.
(b) More than 40%.
(c) More than 30%.
(d) More than 60%.
2. What played an important functional role in facilitating large-scale collective action?
(c) Military power.
3. Who formulated an ideology of state building that explicitly laid out the logic of the new centralized state?
4. When did India became independent?
5. Who said "I conceive that land belongs to a vast family of which many are dead, few are living and countless members are still unborn"?
(a) A New Guinean chief.
(b) A Somalian chief.
(c) An Ivory Coast chief.
(d) A Nigerian chief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was S. E. Finer's occupation?
2. Who collectivized land in 1978?
3. How large was the Chinese Empire in 1 A.D.?
4. How many forms of punishment does Oracle bone describe during the Shang Dynasty?
5. How many of the Meiji Emperor's 15 children reached adulthood?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)