|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a particularly well-developed and pure example of segmentary lineage organization?
(a) The Mari.
(b) The Grum.
(c) The Glo.
(d) The Nuer.
2. When did India became independent?
3. What was Elman Service's occupation?
4. Who collectivized land in 1978?
(a) Mao Zedong.
(b) Jiang Zemin.
(c) Deng Xiaoping.
(d) Zhu Rongji.
5. What played an important functional role in facilitating large-scale collective action?
(a) Military power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Greeks and Romans poor on the tomb of a dead man?
2. What were the agnatic descent groups described by Fustel de Coulanges known as in Rome?
3. How many fiefdoms did the Zhou king setup?
4. Who was the first civilization to invent the modern state?
5. How large was the Chinese Empire in 1 A.D.?
This section contains 147 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)