|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who argued that a just city had to exist in conformity with man's permanent nature and not what was ephemeral and changing according to Chapter 2?
(a) Plato and Engles.
(b) Rousseau and Plato.
(c) Plato and Aristotle.
(d) Engles and Rousseau.
2. How many countries had a electoral democracy in the late 1990's?
3. Who was the first civilization to invent the modern state?
4. What was a motive for making war in tribal societies?
(b) Getting rich.
(c) Passing time.
(d) Destroying other religions.
5. What was S. E. Finer's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What society is still a hunter-gatherer society?
2. What population density allowed agriculture?
3. When did Clovis rule?
4. What did the Greeks and Romans poor on the tomb of a dead man?
5. Who was Seymour Martin?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)