|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Greeks and Romans poor on the tomb of a dead man?
2. Who was Seymour Martin?
(a) An historian.
(b) An anthropologist.
(c) A sociologist.
(d) An economist.
3. What played an important functional role in facilitating large-scale collective action?
(a) Military power.
4. When did Clovis rule?
(a) 6th century.
(b) 11th century.
(c) 7th century.
(d) 8th century.
5. What were the agnatic descent groups described by Fustel de Coulanges known as in Rome?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was S. E. Finer's occupation?
2. What was Steven Pinker's occupation?
3. What was Elman Service's occupation?
4. How may countries were considered free by the Freedom House in 1973, according to Chapter 1?
5. Who said "I conceive that land belongs to a vast family of which many are dead, few are living and countless members are still unborn"?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)