|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Muhammad and his followers move to Medina?
2. Who was Seymour Martin?
(a) An economist.
(b) An anthropologist.
(c) An historian.
(d) A sociologist.
3. Who was the first civilization to invent the modern state?
4. What is a particularly well-developed and pure example of segmentary lineage organization?
(a) The Mari.
(b) The Grum.
(c) The Nuer.
(d) The Glo.
5. What were the agnatic descent groups described by Fustel de Coulanges known as in Rome?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Steven Pinker's occupation?
2. How may countries were considered free by the Freedom House in 1973, according to Chapter 1?
3. Who said "I conceive that land belongs to a vast family of which many are dead, few are living and countless members are still unborn"?
4. When were the collective farms disbanded in China?
5. How much land remained privately owned in the USSR?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)