|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was "Ancient Law" by Henry Maine published?
2. What was Steven Pinker's occupation?
(a) Evolutionary psychologist.
(b) Evolutionary historian.
(c) Evolutionary economist.
(d) Evolutionary anthropologist.
3. How large was the Chinese Empire in 1 A.D.?
(a) Comparable to 1945 Russia.
(b) Comparable to the Roman Empire.
(c) Comaprable to modern day Germany.
(d) Comparable to medieval Japan.
4. When did the Gauls choose to elect a common authority for the whole confederation?
(a) When war broke out with Rome.
(b) When Caesar rose to power.
(c) When Vercingetorix conquered Gaul.
(d) When the Huns were about to invade.
5. What were the agnatic descent groups described by Fustel de Coulanges known as in Rome?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are bBand-level societies built around?
2. When did Muhammad and his followers move to Medina?
3. What was Elman Service's occupation?
4. What played an important functional role in facilitating large-scale collective action?
5. When did Clovis rule?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)