|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a motive for making war in tribal societies?
(a) Passing time.
(b) Destroying other religions.
(c) Getting rich.
2. What is a particularly well-developed and pure example of segmentary lineage organization?
(a) The Glo.
(b) The Mari.
(c) The Grum.
(d) The Nuer.
3. When did India became independent?
4. Who was Seymour Martin?
(a) An historian.
(b) A sociologist.
(c) An anthropologist.
(d) An economist.
5. When was "Ancient Law" by Henry Maine published?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the agnatic descent groups described by Fustel de Coulanges known as in Rome?
2. How many movies does Nigeria produce?
3. Who argued that a just city had to exist in conformity with man's permanent nature and not what was ephemeral and changing according to Chapter 2?
4. When did the Orange Revolution happen?
5. When did Clovis rule?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)