|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did India became independent?
2. How many countries of the third wave of democratization reverted to authoritarianism or saw a significant erosion of democratic institutions?
(a) 2 in 7.
(b) 1 in 10.
(c) 1 in 5.
(d) 1 in 3.
3. When did the Gauls choose to elect a common authority for the whole confederation?
(a) When the Huns were about to invade.
(b) When Caesar rose to power.
(c) When war broke out with Rome.
(d) When Vercingetorix conquered Gaul.
4. When was "Discourse on the Origins of Inequality" published according to chapter 3?
5. How may countries were considered free by the Freedom House in 1973, according to Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a socially and biologically grounded reality for human being?
2. When was "Ancient Law" by Henry Maine published?
3. What is a particularly well-developed and pure example of segmentary lineage organization?
4. How much land remained privately owned in the USSR?
5. When did the Orange Revolution happen?
This section contains 149 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)