|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a particularly well-developed and pure example of segmentary lineage organization?
(a) The Grum.
(b) The Glo.
(c) The Mari.
(d) The Nuer.
2. What was S. E. Finer's occupation?
3. Who was Seymour Martin?
(a) An historian.
(b) An anthropologist.
(c) A sociologist.
(d) An economist.
4. What was a motive for making war in tribal societies?
(a) Getting rich.
(b) Destroying other religions.
(c) Passing time.
5. What population density allowed agriculture?
(a) 60 to 80 people per square kilometer.
(b) 40 to 60 people per square kilometer.
(c) 80 to 100 people per square kilometer.
(d) 60 to 70 people per square kilometer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What society is still a hunter-gatherer society?
2. Who argued that a just city had to exist in conformity with man's permanent nature and not what was ephemeral and changing according to Chapter 2?
3. How large was the Chinese Empire in 1 A.D.?
4. Who said "I conceive that land belongs to a vast family of which many are dead, few are living and countless members are still unborn"?
5. When was "Discourse on the Origins of Inequality" published according to chapter 3?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)