|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapter 24-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first civilization to invent the modern state?
2. What was the German state that emerged in Brandenburg-Prussia in the eighteenth century based on?
(a) Connection based bureaucracy.
(b) Wealth based bureaucracy.
(c) Merit based bureaucracy.
(d) Filial based bureaucracy.
3. When did the Communists claim victory in China?
4. When did Caliph al-Mahdi rise to power?
5. Who killed the grand councilor Li Si?
(a) A eunuch.
(b) The Emperor.
(c) His personal guards.
(d) Empress Xu.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped the Emperor stage a coup against Empress Liang's house according to Chapter 9?
2. When did the Mongols enter Hungary?
3. In China, what was the class somewhat below that of the nobility that included soldiers or other meritorious commoners?
4. When did the Mauryas empire rule India?
5. What was S. E. Finer's occupation?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)