|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did India became independent?
2. How many of the Meiji Emperor's 15 children reached adulthood?
3. When did the Gauls choose to elect a common authority for the whole confederation?
(a) When Caesar rose to power.
(b) When Vercingetorix conquered Gaul.
(c) When war broke out with Rome.
(d) When the Huns were about to invade.
4. Who argued that a just city had to exist in conformity with man's permanent nature and not what was ephemeral and changing according to Chapter 2?
(a) Engles and Rousseau.
(b) Plato and Aristotle.
(c) Rousseau and Plato.
(d) Plato and Engles.
5. How many countries of the third wave of democratization reverted to authoritarianism or saw a significant erosion of democratic institutions?
(a) 1 in 10.
(b) 1 in 3.
(c) 2 in 7.
(d) 1 in 5.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the The Romance of the Three Kingdoms written?
2. What was Steven Pinker's occupation?
3. Who was the first civilization to invent the modern state?
4. When did Alexander I of Russia manage to overrun a good part of Europe?
5. Who helped the Emperor stage a coup against Empress Liang's house according to Chapter 9?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)