|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take to put down the Yellow Turban peasant rebellion?
(a) 40 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 10 years.
2. When was Empress Xu murdered?
(a) 71 B.C.
(b) 56 B.C.
(c) 69 B.C.
(d) 80 B.C.
3. When did the Gauls choose to elect a common authority for the whole confederation?
(a) When Caesar rose to power.
(b) When Vercingetorix conquered Gaul.
(c) When the Huns were about to invade.
(d) When war broke out with Rome.
4. In China, what was the class somewhat below that of the nobility that included soldiers or other meritorious commoners?
5. How many countries of the third wave of democratization reverted to authoritarianism or saw a significant erosion of democratic institutions?
(a) 1 in 10.
(b) 1 in 5.
(c) 2 in 7.
(d) 1 in 3.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "Ancient Law" by Henry Maine published?
2. Who argued that a just city had to exist in conformity with man's permanent nature and not what was ephemeral and changing according to Chapter 2?
3. When was "Discourse on the Origins of Inequality" published according to chapter 3?
4. How may countries were considered free by the Freedom House in 1973, according to Chapter 1?
5. When did Ying Zheng live according to Chapter 8?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)