|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Gauls choose to elect a common authority for the whole confederation?
(a) When Caesar rose to power.
(b) When war broke out with Rome.
(c) When the Huns were about to invade.
(d) When Vercingetorix conquered Gaul.
2. What was Elman Service's occupation?
3. What does the latifundia in agrarian societies say?
(a) Rich will trickle down money.
(b) The peasants are bound to take power.
(c) Serfs are expandable.
(d) The rich get richer unless stopped.
4. How may countries were considered free by the Freedom House in 1973, according to Chapter 1?
5. In China, what was the class somewhat below that of the nobility that included soldiers or other meritorious commoners?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the Tang Dynasty last?
2. When was "Ancient Law" by Henry Maine published?
3. Who collectivized land in 1978?
4. What was Steven Pinker's occupation?
5. Who formulated an ideology of state building that explicitly laid out the logic of the new centralized state?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)