|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much land remained privately owned in the USSR?
2. Who argued that a just city had to exist in conformity with man's permanent nature and not what was ephemeral and changing according to Chapter 2?
(a) Rousseau and Plato.
(b) Plato and Aristotle.
(c) Plato and Engles.
(d) Engles and Rousseau.
3. When did the Orange Revolution happen?
4. When did the Zhou dynasty split?
(a) 770 B.C.
(b) 870 B.C.
(c) 570 B.C.
(d) 970 B.C.
5. When did the Gauls choose to elect a common authority for the whole confederation?
(a) When Vercingetorix conquered Gaul.
(b) When the Huns were about to invade.
(c) When war broke out with Rome.
(d) When Caesar rose to power.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "Ancient Law" by Henry Maine published?
2. When did India became independent?
3. What society is still a hunter-gatherer society?
4. What justified an armed rebellion against the Emperor in China?
5. Who was the first civilization to invent the modern state?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)