|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was "Ancient Law" by Henry Maine published?
2. What was Elman Service's occupation?
3. How much land remained privately owned in the USSR?
4. What is the occupation of Richard Wrangham?
5. Who was Seymour Martin?
(a) An historian.
(b) A sociologist.
(c) An economist.
(d) An anthropologist.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Gauls choose to elect a common authority for the whole confederation?
2. How may countries were considered free by the Freedom House in 1973, according to Chapter 1?
3. Who said "I conceive that land belongs to a vast family of which many are dead, few are living and countless members are still unborn"?
4. How many forms of punishment does Oracle bone describe during the Shang Dynasty?
5. Who formulated an ideology of state building that explicitly laid out the logic of the new centralized state?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)