|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Elman Service's occupation?
2. How many enemy soldiers did the state of Qin kill during the period from 356 to 236 B.C?
(a) 1.5 million.
(b) 0.5 million.
(c) 2.5 million.
(d) 5 million.
3. Who said "I conceive that land belongs to a vast family of which many are dead, few are living and countless members are still unborn"?
(a) An Ivory Coast chief.
(b) A New Guinean chief.
(c) A Nigerian chief.
(d) A Somalian chief.
4. What society is still a hunter-gatherer society?
(a) Medieval France.
(b) The Roman Empire.
(d) Pre-Independence America.
5. When did the Gauls choose to elect a common authority for the whole confederation?
(a) When the Huns were about to invade.
(b) When war broke out with Rome.
(c) When Caesar rose to power.
(d) When Vercingetorix conquered Gaul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gregory VII do to the Roman Emperor Henry IV?
2. What would never have occurred to a western slave owner to do in contrast to Eastern slave owners?
3. What justified an armed rebellion against the Emperor in China?
4. How many forms of punishment does Oracle bone describe during the Shang Dynasty?
5. When was Empress Xu murdered?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)