|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Technicalities," who is waiting for Celia when she leaves Marco's apartment?
2. What does Widget drink when he meets with Mr. A. H. in Paris?
3. How is the fortune teller's face hidden in "Fates Foretold"?
4. In "The Second Lighting of the Bonfire," what color yarn does Bailey use to bind the book closed?
5. In "Incendiary," where does Marco find himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Fates Foretold," how does the fortune teller do a reading?
2. In "Impasse," how does Celia say that the competition will end?
3. Where is Tsukiko's scar and what does it look like?
4. How does Bailey get into the circus in New York?
5. What is the circus like on All Hallows' Eve?
6. What does Poppet ask Bailey to do in "An Entreaty" and why?
7. Why does Hector wait in the hall for Celia in "Technicalities?
8. What happens when Marco considers leaving with Celia in "Stormy Seas"?
9. In "The Lovers," what do the figures look like that are as still as statues?
10. How is the anniversary celebration different from the circus itself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The clockmaker who is instructed to create the circus clock is told to create a dream. In what ways is the clock both a real timepiece and a dream and how does the clock represent what the circus will become?
Essay Topic 2
Bailey becomes the caretaker of the circus. Why is Bailey chosen to become the caretaker and why does he accept the position?
Essay Topic 3
In "Atmosphere," Tsukiko persuades Celia to attend one of Chandresh's dinner parties. Why did Tsukiko invite Celia and how did the invitation advance the plot of the novel?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)