|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Widget think Mr. A. H. is old?
2. In "Aftermath," who waits for Bailey in the bonfire courtyard?
3. In "Intersections I: The Drop of a Hat," what are left for circus patrons to wear on October 31.
4. In "Intersections II: Scarlet Furies and Red Destinies," how often has Mr. A. H. attended the circus before?
5. What does Isobel hear at the end of "Intersections I: The Drop of a Hat"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chadresh give Poppet and Widget for their thirteenth birthday?
2. In "Impasse," how does Celia say that the competition will end?
3. How is the anniversary celebration different from the circus itself?
4. What did August hear and see when the circus was set up near his home in "Pursuit"?
5. Why does Poppet visit Chandresh in "Blueprints"?
6. Who is memorialized by the circus clock?
7. How does Chandresh's house look when Poppet visits in "Blueprints"?
8. What is Celia tempted to do when she is with Marco?
9. How did Isobel and Marco happen to meet?
10. How does Bailey get into the circus in New York?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mr. A. H. interrupts a conversation between Celia and Marco during the anniversary party of the circus. Why does Mr. A. H. interrupt the two and how does he feel about Marco's performance so far?
Essay Topic 2
Tsukiko doesn't believe that Tara's death is an accident. Why doesn't Tsukiko believe that Tara's death was an accident and how does she believe Tara's death will affect the circus?
Essay Topic 3
The clockmaker who is instructed to create the circus clock is told to create a dream. In what ways is the clock both a real timepiece and a dream and how does the clock represent what the circus will become?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)