|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the only staff members that Chadresh has in "Blueprints"?
2. What is the venue where Tsukiko once had her challenge?
3. What time is it at the beginning of "Incendiary"?
4. Who does Prospero say was Alexander's last student?
5. What was Tsukiko's opponent's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Bailey, Poppet, and Widget escape a room resembling a large metal birdcage?
2. How does Chandresh's house look when Poppet visits in "Blueprints"?
3. How did Isobel and Marco happen to meet?
4. Where does Celia find Marco after they go through the bonfire?
5. In "Impasse," how does Celia say that the competition will end?
6. Why did the Burgess sisters always excel at what they did?
7. How does Thiessen describe what he provides with his writing?
8. In "The Lovers," what do the figures look like that are as still as statues?
9. What does the circus train look like inside?
10. Who is memorialized by the circus clock?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The bonfire affects both Celia and Chandresh. How did the bonfire affect them both and why did it have that affect upon them?
Essay Topic 2
Lainie has tea with three different people in "Three Cups of Tea with Lainie Burgess." Why does Lainie visit each person and what does she hope to learn from her visits?
Essay Topic 3
Poppet believes that Bailey is essential to the survival of the circus. What has Poppet observed about the circus and what does she believe Bailey can do to prevent the circus from falling apart?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)