|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Intersections II: Scarlet Furies and Red Destinies," how often has Mr. A. H. attended the circus before?
(b) 2 times.
(d) 3 times.
2. What does the fortune teller's tent smell like in "Fates Foretold"?
(a) Candles and spices.
(b) Incense, roses, and beeswax.
(c) Caramel and smoke.
(d) Lilies and roses.
3. What happened to Tsukiko's opponent?
(b) Became a pillar of salt.
(c) Became a tree.
(d) Became a pillar of ash.
4. What does Chandresh give Poppet and Widget as birthday gifts on their 13th birthday?
(a) Siamese kittens.
(b) Orange kittens.
(c) St. Bernard puppies.
(d) Dalmatian puppies.
5. Who waits for Bailey at the Wishing Tree in "Suspended"?
6. What does Isobel throw at Marco in "Old Ghosts"?
(a) White crystals.
(b) Tarot cards.
(c) Small sticks.
(d) Black crystals.
7. In "The Second Lighting of the Bonfire," what color yarn does Bailey use to bind the book closed?
8. Where is Widget in "Blueprints"?
(d) New York.
9. What color suit is purchased for Bailey in "Escapement"?
(d) Black and white.
10. What does a young woman give the Paramour in "Bedtime Stories"?
(c) Pink rose.
(d) Red rose.
11. What does Bailey knock into as he takes a winding path around the animals in "Suspended"?
(a) Polar bear.
12. What color are the flames at first when Bailey lights the bonfire?
13. What color are the ribbons on Celia's dress that had been one of Friedrick's particular favorites?
(a) Blue and yellow.
(b) Yellow, green, and cream.
(c) Red and white.
(d) Black, white, and charcoal.
14. In 1902, how long ago was Tsukiko's game?
(a) 118 years.
(b) 72 years.
(c) 104 years.
(d) 83 years.
15. What pattern is on Celia dress when she performs at the beginning of "Stormy Seas"?
(a) Flower petals.
(b) Unassembled puzzle pieces.
(d) Black stripes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color shawl is Isobel wearing at the beginning of "Old Ghosts"?
2. What scents permeate Tsukiko's private train car?
3. What room does Chandresh dedicate to Marco and Celia in "Blueprints"?
4. In "Pursuit," at whose home do Bailey and the reveurs stay in New York?
5. How much of the circus is powered by the bonfire?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)