|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Celia fetch while everyone waits for the Murray twins to be born?
(b) Damp cloths.
(c) Hot water.
2. What color is the hair of the Murray twins?
3. How long after the crowd disperses in "The Magician's Umbrella," does it begin to rain?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) An hour.
(d) 2 hours.
4. In "Labryinth," what papers the walls in a hallway?
5. What is seen in a mirror in "Reflections and Distortions"?
(a) A Siamese cat.
(b) A man in a bowler hat.
(c) A princess.
(d) A small dog.
6. In "Labryinth," how many doors in the room found from the trapdoor in the ceiling?
7. What type of dress is Mme. Padva wearing in "Associates and Conspirators"?
(a) Blue velvet trimmed in gold.
(b) Black silk embroidered with cherry blossoms.
(c) Green taffeta.
(d) Yellow taffeta.
8. What color do the Burgess sisters and Mr. Barris wear to a dinner at the Lefevre mansion in "Atmosphere"?
9. In "Ailuromancy," what does Bailey see jumping through a hoop?
(a) White cat.
(b) Black kitten.
(c) Black and white spotted dog.
(d) Small puppy.
10. What does the room remind Bailey of where Isobel tells fortunes?
(a) His grandmother's parlor.
(b) An elegant waiting room.
(c) A train station.
(d) A doctor's office.
11. By what date are stagehands unnecessary to unpack and set up the circus?
12. In "Movement," what is the clock made of that Celia fixes?
(b) Three types of wood.
(c) Silver and gold.
(d) Dark, oxidized metal.
13. By "Gentlemen's Wager," how long has Celia been taking lessons?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 8 months.
(c) 7 months.
(d) 12 months.
14. Where does Herr Thiessen view the circus and the clock that he made?
15. In "Atmosphere," who is Celia reminded of when watching Tara?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Her mother.
(c) An aunt.
(d) Her grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who escorts a five-year-old girl to a theater in "Unexpected Post"?
2. How many children are brought to the man in grey to interview in "Shades of Grey"?
3. In "The Magician's Umbrella," where is the circus closed due to bad weather?
4. Where is Lainie when Tara comes to visit Mr. Barris in "The Ticking of the Clock"?
5. What time does Celia perform in "Wishes and Desires"?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)