|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of performances did Chandresh watch as a child?
(c) Bawdy plays.
2. In "Movement," what is the clock made of that Celia fixes?
(b) Silver and gold.
(c) Three types of wood.
(d) Dark, oxidized metal.
3. In "Movement," what color dress does Celia wear when she visits Thiessen?
4. What color do the Burgess sisters and Mr. Barris wear to a dinner at the Lefevre mansion in "Atmosphere"?
5. How old is Celia in "False Pretenses"?
6. During the performance in "Gentlemen's Wager," what do the ladies' fans turn into during the performance?
(b) Small birds.
7. Where is Mr. Barris living in "The Ticking of the Clock"?
8. What is Prospero's given name?
(a) Charles Wright.
(b) Manning White.
(c) Andrew Davies.
(d) Hector Bowen.
9. What do the reveurs begin to wear when attending the circus?
(b) Black and white.
(d) Black, white, or grey with a red accessory.
10. What occupation did Tara and Lainie pursue before they became dancers or actresses?
11. In "Ailuromancy," what does Bailey see jumping through a hoop?
(a) Black kitten.
(b) Black and white spotted dog.
(c) Small puppy.
(d) White cat.
12. What time is dessert finished in "Associates and Conspirators"?
(a) 3 a.m.
(b) Around dawn.
(c) Just before 2 a.m.
(d) 2:30 a.m.
13. What does Widget want to ride on the carousel in "Chaperoned" until Celia persuades him to ride on a different animal?
(d) Nine-tailed fox.
14. In "Target Practice," what is Chandresh aiming at on a dartboard?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A piece of jewelry.
(c) A watch.
(d) A newspaper review.
15. Where is Lainie when Tara comes to visit Mr. Barris in "The Ticking of the Clock"?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Temporary Places," where does Lainie attempt to persuade Tara to go for an extended holiday?
2. What color dress does Tsukiko choose for Celia to wear in "Atmosphere"?
3. What does Chandresh send Mrs. Murray, the wild-cat tamers wife when she gives birth on opening night?
4. How long after the man in grey signs a paper in "Shades of Grey," does the form disappear?
5. In "Reveurs," where does Herr Thiessen go to see the circus again?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)