Part I: Unexpected Post to False Pretenses
• The circus arrives without warning or announcement.
• All of the tents are black and white, and they are arranged in circles.
• The circus is unusual in that it opens at nightfall and closes at dawn.
• Curious people line up before nightfall to attend the circus.
• As night falls, light come on and the circus’s name is revealed as “Le Cirque des Reves” or
“Circus of Dreams.”
• A five-year-old girl with an envelope pinned to her coat is left at the theater, where Prospero the Entertainer performs.
• The manager immediately realizes by the resemblance between the girl and Prospero that she must be his daughter.
• The manager ushers her into the office and has her wait for Prospero.
• When the magician sees the girl, he swears and takes the envelope from her coat.
• When he complains that her name, Celia, isn...
This section contains 4,850 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)