1. What is the purpose of a Preface?
A Preface provides the purpose or scope of the work and may provide further insight.
2. Who writes the Preface for this book?
The editor explains the reason for the collection of short stories.
3. What is the editor's main point about the book as stated in the Preface?
The stories surrounding Nick Adams have never been arranged into a coherent whole and their interconnection is largely unknown.
4. What information does the editor share about unpublished material found in the book?
He also informs the reader that the work includes a number of unpublished manuscripts that have not been published before.
5. What does Nick recall about being scared when camping with his father and uncle one time?
Nick, his father, and his uncle are camping and Nick remembers, with shame, how he had gotten scared thinking about how he would one day die when he was alone.
This section contains 3,195 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)