|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On His Own: Crossing the Mississippi.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Prudence and the boy seen playing?
(a) The woods.
(b) The playground.
(c) The school yard.
(d) The city park.
2. What upsetting information does Nick's father tell Nick?
(a) The family is moving away.
(b) Nick's grandmother died.
(c) Prudence was playing with another boy.
(d) His dog was hit by a car.
3. Who does Nick learn wins the final game of the World Series?
(c) White Sox.
4. What does the author also tell the reader about the book?
(a) It contains some unpublished manuscripts.
(b) It is non-fiction.
(c) It is a hard book to get through.
(d) It is autobiographical.
5. What does the editor say about the stories?
(a) The author was incoherent.
(b) They are largely incoherent.
(c) They have never been arranged into a coherent whole.
(d) They are riotously funny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bugs?
2. Who is with Nick in this story?
3. What happened to Nick when he was by himself?
4. What thought scared Nick when he was alone?
5. What is Nick's overriding quality?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)