|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On His Own: Crossing the Mississippi.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nick get his father and uncle to return to camp?
(a) He texts them.
(b) He calls on his cell.
(c) He shoots his rifle into the air.
(d) He uses a duck call.
2. Where does Nick go in this story?
(b) Boarding school.
(c) Indian camp.
(d) Summer camp.
3. When was this story published?
(b) It was never published.
4. What thought scared Nick when he was alone?
(a) He would die one day.
(b) He would die young.
(c) His father was going to war.
(d) His mother had cancer.
5. What lie does Nick's father tell his wife?
(a) He won't drink anymore.
(b) He gave up smoking.
(c) Somebody ran into the car.
(d) The other man tried to start the fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ad has some physical oddities such as a missing ear and __________________.
2. What possession of Nick's does Ad want?
3. Where does Nick fear the wardens will send him back to?
4. What type of business does Aunt Halley's husband run?
5. Where do Nick and Tom go after leaving the bar?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)