|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On His Own: Crossing the Mississippi.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when the farms were handed down to the Indians' children?
(a) They sold them.
(b) The were not handed down.
(c) They squandered them.
(d) They prospered.
2. Who is the boxer that Nick visits to warn him about the men who want to kill him?
(a) Ole Joe.
(b) Ole Hanson.
(c) Old Joe.
(d) Ole Anderson.
3. Who tends the counter at the restaurant?
4. What does Nick's uncle think he is?
(a) A master fisherman.
(b) A coward.
(c) A good writer.
(d) A hero.
5. What nationality is the girl that Nick spends a lot of time with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Nick's mother NOT do for his father?
2. Who was Steve Ketchel?
3. As the story begins, who has just punched Nick?
4. What is Nick's overriding quality?
5. On what is Nick riding on his return home?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)