|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Quinn go to read Stillman's book?
(a) The Stillman's apartment.
(b) Central Park.
(c) The Columbia Library.
(d) The bookstore.
2. What do Quinn and the counterman at the luncheonette commonly converse about?
(b) The weather.
3. When Quinn first meets Peter Stillman, what color does he associate with him?
4. What was Virginia Stillman's profession before she married Peter?
(b) Speech therapist.
(c) Private detective.
(d) University professor.
5. Where is Quinn the second time the telephone rings?
(a) In the hallway.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In his office.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 13, what is the relationship between the narrator and Paul Auster?
2. According to Stillman's book, what was the biblical Adam's only task in the Garden of Eden?
3. On what condition does Quinn agree to continue following Stillman after thirteen days of repetitive action, per his telephone consultation with Virginia Stillman?
4. The second time Quinn awakens in the small room at the back of the apartment, what does he find waiting for him?
5. How does Quinn find out that Stillman has committed suicide?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Virginia Stillman scared when Quinn calls her at the end of Chapter 9? What makes her think that Stillman may have contacted Peter?
2. In Chapter 13, where does Quinn go? What does he do there?
3. What is the message spelled out by the letters of the maps in Chapter 8? What does this message reveal to Quinn about Stillman?
4. While Quinn is living in the alleyway in Chapter 12, what is his sleep schedule like? How is he able to measure the amount of time he has been sleeping?
5. What is revealed about Quinn's family in Chapter 1 of City of Glass? Where is his family now?
6. What does Quinn believe is the key to effective detective work? Does his theory prove to be correct? Why or why not?
7. In what year did Stillman lock up his son? Why is this significant?
8. What role does fate have in Quinn's involvement in the Stillman case? What does Quinn consider to be a sign of fate's decision?
9. Where does Stillman go after leaving Grand Central Station? Why is Quinn surprised by this?
10. What is the first thing that Quinn writes in the red notebook? Why is this significant?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)