|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Locked Room, Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which text does Stillman use as the basis of his argument about the fall of man in his book?
(a) Flaubert's Madame Bovary.
(b) Dante's Divine Comedy.
(c) Tolstoy's Anna Karenina.
(d) Milton's Paradise Lost.
2. Whom does Peter Stillman fear is going to murder him?
(a) His brother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His father.
(d) His neighbor.
3. Where is Quinn the second time the telephone rings?
(a) In his office.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the hallway.
(d) In the bathroom.
4. Where do Sophie and the narrator meet to discuss Fanshawe's work at the narrator's suggestion?
(a) A fast food restaurant.
(b) A fashionable French restaurant.
(c) The narrator's apartment.
(d) Sophie Fanshawe's apartment.
5. What does Blue watch Black do every day?
(a) Read and write.
(b) Watch television.
(c) Cook and clean.
(d) Drink bourbon and smoke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Quinn use for the first drafts of all of his writing?
2. What does Quinn purchase before leaving the luncheonette?
3. In Chapter 10, what novel is Paul Auster writing an article about?
4. According to Stillman's book, what was the biblical Adam's only task in the Garden of Eden?
5. While living in France, to which country does Fanshawe take a three-week trip?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)