|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Locked Room, Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What varsity sport did Fanshawe play for a brief period in his sophomore year before suddenly quitting the team?
2. What name does the narrator use when introducing himself to the young American man in the bar?
(a) James Fenimore Cooper.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Herman Melville.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
3. When was the last time the narrator can remember seeing Fanshawe?
(a) The day Fanshawe graduated from college.
(b) The day Fanshawe's first child was born.
(c) The day Fanshawe's father died.
(d) The day Fanshawe was married.
4. What is the name of the bartender with whom Blue has occasional conversations when he slips out to a bar?
5. Where is the story Ghosts set?
(a) Rio de Janeiro.
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what name does Quinn introduce himself to Stillman during their second meeting in Chapter 9?
2. According to Stillman's notes in Chapter 5, which character does he suspect of not being trustworthy?
3. When Fanshawe first begins to write, who are his models?
4. What is the name of the first novel of Fanshawe's that the narrator gives to the editor?
5. Where does Blue go to watch Jackie Robinson play baseball?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)