|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Locked Room, Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The second time Quinn awakens in the small room at the back of the apartment, what does he find waiting for him?
(a) A letter from Virginia Stillman.
(b) A roast beef dinner.
(c) A check from Paul Auster.
(d) A bottle of bourbon.
2. Why do the narrator and Fanshawe hitch-hike home from the cemetery on the day that Fanshawe's father dies?
(a) The car gets stuck in the snow.
(b) They are in a car accident.
(c) They don't have bus fare.
(d) They run out of gas.
3. According to the end of Chapter 8, what does "El" mean in ancient Hebrew?
4. With what name does Quinn introduce himself to Stillman during their second meeting in Chapter 9?
(a) Daniel Quinn.
(b) Henry Dark.
(c) Peter Stillman.
(d) Max Work.
5. What is a speculum?
(a) A musical instrument.
(b) Mirror or looking glass.
(c) A part of the large intestine.
(d) A shallow pool of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel where Stillman stays?
2. How many suitcases does Fanshawe's work fill?
3. Who is the author of The New Babel?
4. What is the word that the narrator uses to describe his attitude toward Fanshawe that is more accurate than envy?
5. According to Stillman's book, what was the biblical Adam's only task in the Garden of Eden?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)