|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ghosts, pgs. 211-232.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, who greets Quinn at the apartment door?
(a) Peter Stillman.
(b) Paul Auster.
(c) Max Work.
(d) Virginia Stillman.
2. Why does Quinn decide not to continue following the second Stillman and to instead turn around and follow the first?
(a) He flipped a coin.
(b) He was following the second man out of spite.
(c) He began to doubt that Stillman would be so elegant.
(d) He lost sight of the second Stillman.
3. What is the last sentence written in the red notebook?
(a) "This is the last will and testament of Daniel Quinn."
(b) "What will happen when there are no more pages in the red notebook?"
(c) "So it goes."
(d) "Whatever happened to Peter Stillman?"
4. Why does Stillman choose to carry out his project in New York?
(a) Because brokeness is everywhere in the city.
(b) Because he has family there.
(c) Because he is a Mets fan.
(d) Because it is the financial capital of the nation.
5. Why does Quinn decide that fate is telling him that he cannot quit the Stillman case?
(a) Because he finds a copy of Stillman's book in a shop.
(b) Because he finds a photograph of Peter in the park.
(c) Because he is unable to reach Virginia Stillman.
(d) Because he flips a coin and it comes up heads.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Quinn withdraw from the automatic teller at the end of Chapter 11?
2. Where is Quinn the second time the telephone rings?
3. What identity does Blue adopt for himself during his second conversation with Black?
4. In Chapter 10, how does Quinn contact Auster?
5. In Chapter 8, what time does Stillman begin his daily walks?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)