|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ghosts, pgs. 211-232.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the science of reading bumps on the skull that Whitman believed in?
2. Where does Blue read about Gold and the case of the murdered child?
(a) True Detective.
(c) The newspaper.
3. The images of which two historical figures are inspirational to Blue when he visits the churchyard?
(a) George Washington and Walt Whitman.
(b) Henry Ward Beecher and Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Henry David Thoreau and George Washington Carver.
(d) John Adams and Calvin Coolidge.
4. What does Quinn consider to be the ideal relationship between a detective and his client?
(a) They should be unaware of each other's work.
(b) They should meet once per week.
(c) They should live together.
(d) They should maintain close contact.
5. Why does Quinn decide not to continue following the second Stillman and to instead turn around and follow the first?
(a) He lost sight of the second Stillman.
(b) He flipped a coin.
(c) He began to doubt that Stillman would be so elegant.
(d) He was following the second man out of spite.
Short Answer Questions
1. How will Blue be paid for his work?
2. How many hours does Quinn sleep each night while living in the alleyway across from the Stillman's apartment?
3. According to the telephone conversation at the end of Chapter 1, why does the caller need Quinn to protect him?
4. During their third and final meeting in Chapter 9, what name does Quinn give to Stillman?
5. Which historical figure was faced with the challenge of standing an egg on its end?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)