|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through City of Glass, Chapter 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours does Quinn sleep each night while living in the alleyway across from the Stillman's apartment?
(a) One to two hours.
(b) Eight to nine hours.
(c) Six to eight hours.
(d) Three to four hours.
2. Where is Quinn the second time the telephone rings?
(a) In his office.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) In the hallway.
(d) In the kitchen.
3. What is the last sentence written in the red notebook?
(a) "What will happen when there are no more pages in the red notebook?"
(b) "This is the last will and testament of Daniel Quinn."
(c) "So it goes."
(d) "Whatever happened to Peter Stillman?"
4. At the end of Chapter 13, what is the relationship between the narrator and Paul Auster?
(a) They are friends.
(b) They are lovers.
(c) They are enemies.
(d) They are brothers.
5. What does Quinn find when he returns to his apartment?
(a) Virginia Stillman is there waiting for him.
(b) His belongings are gone and another resident is living there.
(c) Paul Auster is living there.
(d) His apartment building has burned down.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what novel is Paul Auster writing an article about?
2. To which two continental philosophers does the narrator credit the concept of the "noble savage"?
3. How does Quinn find out that Stillman has committed suicide?
4. What do Auster and the narrator find in the Stillman's apartment?
5. In Chapter 8, what time does Stillman begin his daily walks?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)