|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through City of Glass, Chapter 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what condition does Quinn agree to continue following Stillman after thirteen days of repetitive action, per his telephone consultation with Virginia Stillman?
(a) On the condition that he is given a company car.
(b) On the condition that Virginia Stillman kisses him again.
(c) On the condition that he be able to talk to Stillman.
(d) On the condition that he is given a raise in pay.
2. What is the name of the Park where Stillman tends to spend several hours each day?
(a) Riverside Park.
(b) McIntire Park.
(c) Hudson Park.
(d) Central Park.
3. Who is the author of The New Babel?
(a) John Milton.
(b) Henry Dark.
(c) Daniel Quinn.
(d) Peter Stillman.
4. What is Quinn's pseudonym?
(a) William Wilson.
(b) Thomas Williams.
(c) Peter Stillman.
(d) Max Work.
5. Which text does Stillman use as the basis of his argument about the fall of man in his book?
(a) Milton's Paradise Lost.
(b) Dante's Divine Comedy.
(c) Flaubert's Madame Bovary.
(d) Tolstoy's Anna Karenina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Auster and the narrator find in the Stillman's apartment?
2. According to the telephone conversation at the end of Chapter 1, why does the caller need Quinn to protect him?
3. What does Auster plan to do with Virginia Stillman's check?
4. What does Stillman do with the object that he examines during his walks in Chapter 8 of the novel?
5. According to Stillman, how is man like an egg?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)