|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through City of Glass, Chapter 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Quinn the second time the telephone rings?
(a) In his office.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the hallway.
(d) In the bathroom.
2. Who held Peter Stillman captive in the dark room for nine years?
(a) His wife.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
3. According to Stillman's notes in Chapter 5, which character does he suspect of not being trustworthy?
(a) Peter Stillman.
(b) The counterman at the luncheonette.
(c) Paul Auster.
(d) Virginia Stillman.
4. Which text does Stillman use as the basis of his argument about the fall of man in his book?
(a) Flaubert's Madame Bovary.
(b) Milton's Paradise Lost.
(c) Dante's Divine Comedy.
(d) Tolstoy's Anna Karenina.
5. Whom does Peter Stillman fear is going to murder him?
(a) His father.
(b) His neighbor.
(c) His brother.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. In their first conversation in Chapter 9, what does Stillman tell Quinn his project is?
2. The second time Quinn awakens in the small room at the back of the apartment, what does he find waiting for him?
3. According to the end of Chapter 8, what does "El" mean in ancient Hebrew?
4. What does Quinn purchase before leaving the luncheonette?
5. At the end of Chapter 13, what is the relationship between the narrator and Paul Auster?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)