|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through City of Glass, Chapter 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stillman do with the object that he examines during his walks in Chapter 8 of the novel?
(a) He sells them on eBay.
(b) He throws them in the garbage.
(c) He puts them in his pockets.
(d) He writes something about them in a red notebook.
2. What do Quinn and the counterman at the luncheonette commonly converse about?
(a) The weather.
3. Where does Stillman eat his dinner on most days?
(a) At a friend's home.
(b) At the Apollo Coffee Shop.
(c) At his hotel.
(d) At an Italian restaurant.
4. According to Stillman, what secret reference do the initials H.D. have?
(a) Heraclitus and Democritus.
(b) Humpty Dumpty.
(c) Henry David Thoreau.
(d) Henry Dark.
5. Where does the first face-to-face meeting between Quinn and Stillman take place?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) At Peter Stillman's apartment.
(c) On the train.
(d) In Riverside Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of The New Babel?
2. Whom is Auster expecting when he opens the door to Quinn?
3. Where is Quinn the second time the telephone rings?
4. According to Stillman's notes in Chapter 5, which character does he suspect of not being trustworthy?
5. With what name does Quinn introduce himself the first time that he speaks to Stillman in Chapter 9?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)