|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through City of Glass, Chapter 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In their first conversation in Chapter 9, what does Stillman tell Quinn his project is?
(a) Drawing maps of the city.
(b) Inventing a new language.
(c) Collecting street trash.
(d) Building the Tower of Babel.
2. What is the weather like on the day that Stillman does not appear as usual?
(a) It is sunny.
(b) It is snowing.
(c) It is windy.
(d) It is raining.
3. With what name does Quinn introduce himself the first time that he speaks to Stillman in Chapter 9?
4. What happens each time Auster tries to reach Virginia Stillman by telephone in Chapter 11?
(a) He speaks to the Stillman's maid.
(b) He speaks to Virginia Stillman.
(c) He speaks to Peter Stillman.
(d) He gets a busy signal.
5. What was Virginia Stillman's profession before she married Peter?
(a) Speech therapist.
(b) University professor.
(d) Private detective.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of The New Babel?
2. According to the end of Chapter 8, what does "El" mean in ancient Hebrew?
3. What instrument does Quinn use for the first drafts of all of his writing?
4. What item does Stillman carry with him on his daily walks?
5. Where does the second meeting between Quinn and Stillman take place in Chapter 9?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)