|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through City of Glass, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Quinn purchase before leaving the luncheonette?
(a) A magazine.
(b) A red notebook.
(c) A bag of potato chips.
(d) A blue notebook.
2. Why does Quinn decide not to continue following the second Stillman and to instead turn around and follow the first?
(a) He lost sight of the second Stillman.
(b) He flipped a coin.
(c) He began to doubt that Stillman would be so elegant.
(d) He was following the second man out of spite.
3. When Quinn first meets Peter Stillman, what color does he associate with him?
4. To which two continental philosophers does the narrator credit the concept of the "noble savage"?
(a) Hume and Kant.
(b) Nietzsche and Heidigger.
(c) Locke and Rousseau.
(d) Milton and Dark.
5. According to the telephone conversation at the end of Chapter 1, why does the caller need Quinn to protect him?
(a) The caller is paranoid.
(b) The caller has committed a crime.
(c) The caller believes he is going to be murdered.
(d) The caller is a celebrity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Stillman carry with him on his daily walks?
2. Where is the Stillman family from?
3. Where does Quinn go to read Stillman's book?
4. What is Quinn's pseudonym?
5. What doubts does Quinn have about the letters from the maps?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)