|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Locked Room, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the first face-to-face meeting between Quinn and Stillman take place?
(a) In Riverside Park.
(b) At Peter Stillman's apartment.
(c) On the train.
(d) At a restaurant.
2. Where did Fanshawe tell his wife he was going on the day he disappeared?
(a) To New Jersey to visit his mother.
(b) To Manhattan to meet with a client.
(c) To Broadway to see a musical.
(d) To Atlantic City to gamble.
3. How are the two men resembling the photograph of Stillman distinguishable?
(a) They are dressed differently.
(b) One of them has fewer wrinkles.
(c) They are of different heights.
(d) One of them has brown hair.
4. Where does Quinn go at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) Paul Auster's apartment.
(b) The Stillman's apartment.
(c) Riverside Park.
(d) Columbia Library.
5. In the narrator's recollection about second grade, to whom does Fanshawe give the present intended for the birthday boy?
(a) The narrator.
(b) His mother.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) Dennis Walden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peter Stillman's profession?
2. What is the word that the narrator uses to describe his attitude toward Fanshawe that is more accurate than envy?
3. What is the woman's reaction to the conversation she has with Black in the restaurant?
4. According to the telephone conversation at the end of Chapter 1, why does the caller need Quinn to protect him?
5. What instrument does Quinn use for the first drafts of all of his writing?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)