|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Locked Room, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what novel is Paul Auster writing an article about?
(a) Amadis de Gaula.
(c) Madame Bovary.
(d) Don Quixote.
2. When Fanshawe first begins to write, who are his models?
(a) Hawthorne and Williams.
(b) Salinger and Plath.
(c) Poe and Stevenson.
(d) Whitman and Shelley.
3. What is Peter Stillman's profession?
(a) He is a teacher.
(b) He is an engineer.
(c) He is a poet.
(d) He is a firefighter.
4. How does the man wearing the Halloween mask manage to escape from Blue?
(a) He disappears into an alleyway.
(b) He runs into a crowded train station.
(c) He climbs a fence.
(d) He leaps aboard a bus.
5. What is the name of the bartender with whom Blue has occasional conversations when he slips out to a bar?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Quinn go to read Stillman's book?
2. What does Auster plan to do with Virginia Stillman's check?
3. After Quinn runs out of money and leaves the alleyway, he sees his reflection in a mirror. His own image reminds him of whom?
4. During their second conversation, what does Black tell Blue that he does for a living?
5. How many hours does Quinn sleep each night while living in the alleyway across from the Stillman's apartment?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)