|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Locked Room, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the amount of the monetary advance White gives Blue?
(a) One thousand dollars.
(b) Fifty dollars.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) Five hundred dollars.
2. Why does Stillman choose to carry out his project in New York?
(a) Because he has family there.
(b) Because it is the financial capital of the nation.
(c) Because brokeness is everywhere in the city.
(d) Because he is a Mets fan.
3. What is the name of the first novel of Fanshawe's that the narrator gives to the editor?
4. In Chapter 8, what time does Stillman begin his daily walks?
(a) Seven o'clock in the evening.
(b) Eight o'clock in the morning.
(c) Three o'clock in the afternoon.
(d) Six o'clock in the morning.
5. Who is the author of The New Babel?
(a) Daniel Quinn.
(b) Peter Stillman.
(c) John Milton.
(d) Henry Dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Virginia Stillman do after she walks Quinn to the door in Chapter 3?
2. In Chapter 7, where does Quinn go to find Stillman?
3. What does Quinn do for a living?
4. What is the name of the film about the private eye starring Robert Mitchum that Blue goes to see?
5. What is the name of the science of reading bumps on the skull that Whitman believed in?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)