|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through City of Glass, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Quinn's pseudonym?
(a) Peter Stillman.
(b) William Wilson.
(c) Max Work.
(d) Thomas Williams.
2. Why does Stillman choose to carry out his project in New York?
(a) Because he has family there.
(b) Because it is the financial capital of the nation.
(c) Because brokeness is everywhere in the city.
(d) Because he is a Mets fan.
3. Which text does Stillman use as the basis of his argument about the fall of man in his book?
(a) Milton's Paradise Lost.
(b) Flaubert's Madame Bovary.
(c) Dante's Divine Comedy.
(d) Tolstoy's Anna Karenina.
4. What book is the girl reading with whom Quinn converses in the waiting room?
(a) The New York Triology by Paul Auster.
(b) The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle.
(c) Paradise Lost by John Milton.
(d) Suicide Squeeze by William Wilson.
5. What does Quinn purchase before leaving the luncheonette?
(a) A magazine.
(b) A red notebook.
(c) A blue notebook.
(d) A bag of potato chips.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Quinn reading when the phone rings?
2. What is Peter Stillman's profession?
3. What is the name of the hotel where Stillman stays?
4. At the end of Chapter 4, Quinn begins to think of preventing Peter Stillman's murder as personal redemption for his inability to prevent the death of whom?
5. In Chapter 8, what do each of the maps of Stillman's routes resemble to Quinn?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)