|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through City of Glass, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In their first conversation in Chapter 9, what does Stillman tell Quinn his project is?
(a) Drawing maps of the city.
(b) Inventing a new language.
(c) Building the Tower of Babel.
(d) Collecting street trash.
2. What does Virginia Stillman do after she walks Quinn to the door in Chapter 3?
(b) Kisses him.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Begins to cry.
3. According to Stillman's book, how many years elapsed between the Flood and the Tower of Babel?
(a) 560 years.
(b) 170 years.
(c) 220 years.
(d) 340 years.
4. According to Stillman, how is man like an egg?
(a) Like an egg, man is white.
(b) Like an egg, man is pure potential; he is not fully realized.
(c) Like an egg, man is tempramental.
(d) Like an egg, man is easily cracked.
5. According to the telephone conversation at the end of Chapter 1, why does the caller need Quinn to protect him?
(a) The caller is a celebrity.
(b) The caller is paranoid.
(c) The caller believes he is going to be murdered.
(d) The caller has committed a crime.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Quinn wearing when he first begins writing notes about the Stillman case in Chapter 5?
2. What do Quinn and the counterman at the luncheonette commonly converse about?
3. In Chapter 7, where does Quinn go to find Stillman?
4. Which historical figure was faced with the challenge of standing an egg on its end?
5. In Chapter 1, what is the event that occasions the meeting between Quinn and Stillman?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)