|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ghosts, pgs. 185-210.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The images of which two historical figures are inspirational to Blue when he visits the churchyard?
(a) Henry Ward Beecher and Abraham Lincoln.
(b) John Adams and Calvin Coolidge.
(c) George Washington and Walt Whitman.
(d) Henry David Thoreau and George Washington Carver.
2. What instrument does Quinn use for the first drafts of all of his writing?
(a) A typewriter.
(c) A computer.
(d) A pen.
3. According to Stillman, what secret reference do the initials H.D. have?
(a) Heraclitus and Democritus.
(b) Henry David Thoreau.
(c) Humpty Dumpty.
(d) Henry Dark.
4. What is the name that Blue uses when he disguises himself as a beggar?
(a) Bobby Lilac.
(b) Jimmy Rose.
(c) Tommy Violet.
(d) Billy Scarlet.
5. What does Stillman do with the object that he examines during his walks in Chapter 8 of the novel?
(a) He sells them on eBay.
(b) He puts them in his pockets.
(c) He throws them in the garbage.
(d) He writes something about them in a red notebook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Virginia Stillman's profession before she married Peter?
2. What is the name of the bartender with whom Blue has occasional conversations when he slips out to a bar?
3. In Chapter 8, what is the message spelled out by the letters of the maps?
4. According to Stillman, how is man like an egg?
5. Where does Stillman eat his dinner on most days?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)