|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the God that Kelly and the Kiint are interested in that is part of a research project?
2. What kind of virtual reality program does Kelly run in her room?
3. When Louise, Genevieve and Fletcher arrive at the High York asteroid, who meets them at the spaceport?
4. What does Syrinx want to ambush Capone from attacking?
5. Who is one of the Kiint on Tranquillity that comes to visit Kelly?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can Gerard, Beth, and Rocio take down Kiera if they work together?
2. How do Samuel, Mzu, and Monica try to escape the possessed via the basin?
3. Why does Monica press a gun to Joshua's back after escaping the basin?
4. How have the main characters of Mzu, Joshua, Liol, Samuel, Monica, and others grown by the end of the novel?
5. When is a person able to escape the Anstid?
6. Why is Bonney intent on killing Dariat?
7. What is the cliffhanger pertaining to Tranquility at the end of the book?
8. What does the revelation that Mzu's husband Peter was left on Beezling reveal about her motivations?
9. What happens when a possessed is killed?
10. What are some advantages that the possessed have over the living?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Hamilton's use of humor in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why Hamilton used them where he did.
Essay Topic 2
Power in society is a prevailing theme of "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict." Hamilton frequently refers to this theme, painting the picture of scholarly knowledge being rewarded by power. Which characters appear honest and which appear corrupt and why? Which characters appear to rise above corruption even if they were initially vulnerable to it? What is your opinion of the society that Hamilton describes?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict." Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)