|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the Organization ships close in, who launches the Alchemist at the gas giant, setting it to its most destructive capabilities?
2. Who is in danger of getting caught in the crossfire as space is full of combat wasps and nukes?
3. Who survives being hit on the head by the possessed's white fire in the foundry before falling into a basin?
4. Who is one of the Kiint on Tranquillity that comes to visit Kelly?
5. Who rescues Monica from the possessed in the foundry?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the depiction of these two male characters in the book, Calvert and Mzu. How are they similar? How are they different? How are their ultimate experiences similar? What is the lesson that Hamilton wishes to convey through these examples?
Essay Topic 2
Calvert and Mzu are two of the most active characters in determining the plot of the story.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different? Compare and contrast.
Part 2) What are some events that Calvert had a direct influence upon? What are some events that Mzu had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger and why?
Essay Topic 3
Hamilton uses some important instances of foreshadowing in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict." Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)