|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the Organization ships close in, who launches the Alchemist at the gas giant, setting it to its most destructive capabilities?
2. Where is Stephanie, her friends and the children when they have reached the military border between the possessed and the living?
3. When Capone's possessed arrive at Mzu's hotel room, who do they find there?
4. As Jed and the Deadnights prepare to leave for Valisk, who is his half-sister that insists on coming?
5. Where does Rubra carry Dariat and Tatiana to safety?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Quinn's operations room evoke images of genocide?
2. What is the power inherent in the Alchemist?
3. How does Bonney transform herself to attack Dariat?
4. How does Rocio going to Capone help Gerard in his mission?
5. How does Quinn view the planet Nyvan from above like a prophet?
6. Why does Quinn torture the Christian priest?
7. What is the cliffhanger pertaining to Tranquility at the end of the book?
8. What does the revelation that Mzu's husband Peter was left on Beezling reveal about her motivations?
9. In Chapter 9, how does the possibility of defeating Capone seem plausible?
10. Why is Rocio uncomfortable with the idea of working with the Edenists?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Hamilton's use of humor in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why Hamilton used them where he did.
Essay Topic 2
Hamilton employs bold and and effective language with some powerful symbolism. Choose an example of symbolism, briefly describe it, and identify the technique which it embodies.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did Hamilton mean by calling the book "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict"? Cite an example or examples to support your answer.
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)