|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Jay is playing with Hailie, what subject do they discuss at length?
2. What is the last battle waged in the book described as?
3. When Moyo goes in search of working toilets for the children to use, who does he find in a warehouse?
4. Whose daughter, Marie, is possessed by Kiera?
5. Who is Maynard Khanna?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the cliffhanger pertaining to Tranquility at the end of the book?
2. Why is Rocio uncomfortable with the idea of working with the Edenists?
3. Why does Monica press a gun to Joshua's back after escaping the basin?
4. In Chapter 9, how does the possibility of defeating Capone seem plausible?
5. Why do Dariat and Rubra want to fuse their powers?
6. How is Rocio different from other souls that are possessed?
7. How are the fates of Louise and Genevieve left uncertain at the end of the book?
8. What happens when a possessed is killed?
9. How does Bonney transform herself to attack Dariat?
10. Why does Quinn torture the Christian priest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a character that Calvert grows to like and become familiar with. How does their relationship evolve?
Essay Topic 2
Calvert and Mzu are two of the most active characters in determining the plot of the story.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different? Compare and contrast.
Part 2) What are some events that Calvert had a direct influence upon? What are some events that Mzu had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger and why?
Essay Topic 3
The concept of good versus evil appears throughout the book. Who in your opinion is good? Who is bad? Why? Do these characters change over time? Why or why not?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)