|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Garissan victim that was a student of Mzu that is at the hotel of Mzu, Lodi, Voi and Eriba?
2. What is Sinon willing to become in order to help liberate Mortonridge?
3. What does Cherri Barnes warn will drop on Joshua at the foundry yard?
4. When Samuel and Monica arrive at Nyvan, what asteroid do they find has been given up to the possessed?
5. When the gas giant goes nova, where does the ship head to immediately after?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Quinn torture the Christian priest?
2. How is Rocio's hellhawk emblematic of his desire for freedom?
3. How is Quinn's deranged mental state evident in the bloody massacre of Dwyer?
4. How does Rocio going to Capone help Gerard in his mission?
5. What does the revelation that Mzu's husband Peter was left on Beezling reveal about her motivations?
6. How does Quinn view the planet Nyvan from above like a prophet?
7. What is the cliffhanger pertaining to Tranquility at the end of the book?
8. How have the main characters of Mzu, Joshua, Liol, Samuel, Monica, and others grown by the end of the novel?
9. Why are the Edenists willing to accept the hellhawk in Chapter 13?
10. How does Quinn's operations room evoke images of genocide?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the depiction of these two male characters in the book, Calvert and Mzu. How are they similar? How are they different? How are their ultimate experiences similar? What is the lesson that Hamilton wishes to convey through these examples?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Rubra. What is his role in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict"? What was Hamilton trying to accomplish by creating Rubra's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Zero-tau is a form of stasis that will freeze a person or thing in the space-time-continuum. How does time move and change as a result? Which characters express this and in what ways? How is sensory feeling suspended?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)