|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the gas giant goes nova, where does the ship head to immediately after?
2. What does the Kiint on Tranquillity that comes to visit Kelly want from her?
3. What drive of Lady Mac is used to accelerate out of danger at forty-two gees?
4. Who does Mzu go to meet when her car is followed by Joshua and his companions, Monica and Samuel, various other agents, and the local police?
5. What is Jamrana?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when a possessed goes to zero tau?
2. What does the revelation that Mzu's husband Peter was left on Beezling reveal about her motivations?
3. What creates heavy conflict on Nyvan without any reason as the factions close in on Mzu trying to escape with the Alchemist?
4. What happens when a possessed is killed?
5. How does Bonney transform herself to attack Dariat?
6. Why are Quinn's officers afraid of him?
7. How are the fates of Louise and Genevieve left uncertain at the end of the book?
8. Why do Dariat and Rubra want to fuse their powers?
9. What is the cliffhanger pertaining to Tranquility at the end of the book?
10. Why does Monica press a gun to Joshua's back after escaping the basin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the depiction of these two male characters in the book, Calvert and Mzu. How are they similar? How are they different? How are their ultimate experiences similar? What is the lesson that Hamilton wishes to convey through these examples?
Essay Topic 2
Hamilton uses more than one iteration on the motif of intelligence. Identify at least two motifs about cunning and intelligence in the book. Then cite an example to support each answer.
Essay Topic 3
Zero-tau is a form of stasis that will freeze a person or thing in the space-time-continuum. How does time move and change as a result? Which characters express this and in what ways? How is sensory feeling suspended?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)