|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Jacqueline Coutier and the other possessed held by the Confederation Navy taken to determine if they should be held as prisoners or not?
2. When Moyo goes in search of working toilets for the children to use, who does he find in a warehouse?
3. What kind of virtual reality program does Kelly run in her room?
4. In what role does Quinn materialize to enter the lift capsule's lounge and escape the GISD?
5. Who is the captain of the ship Beezling?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Quinn's operations room evoke images of genocide?
2. Why do Dariat and Rubra want to fuse their powers?
3. How is Quinn's deranged mental state evident in the bloody massacre of Dwyer?
4. Why is Bonney intent on killing Dariat?
5. What does the revelation that Mzu's husband Peter was left on Beezling reveal about her motivations?
6. Why are the Edenists willing to accept the hellhawk in Chapter 13?
7. Why does Quinn torture the Christian priest?
8. How does Quinn view the planet Nyvan from above like a prophet?
9. Why is Rocio uncomfortable with the idea of working with the Edenists?
10. What happens when a possessed is killed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict." Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 2
Choose a character that Calvert grows to like and become familiar with. How does their relationship evolve?
Essay Topic 3
Zero-tau is a form of stasis that will freeze a person or thing in the space-time-continuum. How does time move and change as a result? Which characters express this and in what ways? How is sensory feeling suspended?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)