|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Quinn throw at Twelve-T, burning his hands to expose the power cables in his wrists?
2. What cells are responsible for lighting the habitat?
3. What is Richard Keaton's profession?
4. What do Dariat and Tatiana attach to themselves for buoyancy, and then jump down into the toilet that Rubra has broken and widened for them?
5. What kills Bonney?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when a possessed goes to zero tau?
2. How can Gerard, Beth, and Rocio take down Kiera if they work together?
3. How does Quinn's operations room evoke images of genocide?
4. In Chapter 9, how does the possibility of defeating Capone seem plausible?
5. Why does Quinn torture the Christian priest?
6. Why are the Edenists willing to accept the hellhawk in Chapter 13?
7. How do Samuel, Mzu, and Monica try to escape the possessed via the basin?
8. Why are Quinn's officers afraid of him?
9. How have the main characters of Mzu, Joshua, Liol, Samuel, Monica, and others grown by the end of the novel?
10. How does Rocio going to Capone help Gerard in his mission?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict." Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 2
Hamilton uses some important instances of foreshadowing in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict." Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Intuition has particular significance in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict." What is the significance of having intuition in the story? Who chases after intuition? Who has intuition? Who loses intuition? Who gains intuition? What does Hamilton ultimately say about intuition through the characters of Calvert and Mzu and what is the importance of this discovery and the characters' role?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)