|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Samuel communicate with the Ione serjeant?
2. Who is one of the Kiint on Tranquillity that comes to visit Kelly?
3. What does the spaceship Beezling need to travel faster?
4. When the Mindor approaches Valisk with the Deadnights, who does Joshua find in bed with Gerard?
5. What kills Bonney?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the cliffhanger pertaining to Tranquility at the end of the book?
2. In Chapter 9, how does the possibility of defeating Capone seem plausible?
3. What is the power inherent in the Alchemist?
4. How does Quinn view the planet Nyvan from above like a prophet?
5. How is Rocio different from other souls that are possessed?
6. Why is Bonney intent on killing Dariat?
7. How can Gerard, Beth, and Rocio take down Kiera if they work together?
8. How does Bonney transform herself to attack Dariat?
9. Why does Quinn torture the Christian priest?
10. How have the main characters of Mzu, Joshua, Liol, Samuel, Monica, and others grown by the end of the novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Rubra. What is his role in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict"? What was Hamilton trying to accomplish by creating Rubra's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did Hamilton mean by calling the book "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict"? Cite an example or examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Zero-tau is a form of stasis that will freeze a person or thing in the space-time-continuum. How does time move and change as a result? Which characters express this and in what ways? How is sensory feeling suspended?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)