|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose daughter, Marie, is possessed by Kiera?
2. When Quinn reaches the asteroid connected to Earth via a tower, who does he kill?
3. Who survives being hit on the head by the possessed's white fire in the foundry before falling into a basin?
4. To what celestial entity is Rubra's power compared?
5. As Jed and the Deadnights prepare to leave for Valisk, who is his half-sister that insists on coming?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Quinn's operations room evoke images of genocide?
2. What creates heavy conflict on Nyvan without any reason as the factions close in on Mzu trying to escape with the Alchemist?
3. What are some advantages that the possessed have over the living?
4. How is Quinn's deranged mental state evident in the bloody massacre of Dwyer?
5. How does Rocio going to Capone help Gerard in his mission?
6. Why does Monica press a gun to Joshua's back after escaping the basin?
7. Why is Bonney intent on killing Dariat?
8. What could have the different factions on Nyvan achieved if they cooperated instead of bickered over Mzu?
9. When is a person able to escape the Anstid?
10. What happens when a possessed goes to zero tau?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Zero-tau is a form of stasis that will freeze a person or thing in the space-time-continuum. How does time move and change as a result? Which characters express this and in what ways? How is sensory feeling suspended?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Rubra. What is his role in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict"? What was Hamilton trying to accomplish by creating Rubra's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Hamilton uses some important instances of foreshadowing in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict." Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)