|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Richard Keaton's profession?
2. To whom does Syrinx takes the information that Erick gave her?
3. Where is Stephanie, her friends and the children when they have reached the military border between the possessed and the living?
4. What does Syrinx want to ambush Capone from attacking?
5. What is Jamrana?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Monica press a gun to Joshua's back after escaping the basin?
2. How do Samuel, Mzu, and Monica try to escape the possessed via the basin?
3. When is a person able to escape the Anstid?
4. What is the power inherent in the Alchemist?
5. Why are the Edenists willing to accept the hellhawk in Chapter 13?
6. How does Quinn view the planet Nyvan from above like a prophet?
7. What are some advantages that the possessed have over the living?
8. What could have the different factions on Nyvan achieved if they cooperated instead of bickered over Mzu?
9. How is Rocio different from other souls that are possessed?
10. What is the cliffhanger pertaining to Tranquility at the end of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hamilton uses some important instances of foreshadowing in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict." Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
Hamilton uses more than one iteration on the motif of intelligence. Identify at least two motifs about cunning and intelligence in the book. Then cite an example to support each answer.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the depiction of these two male characters in the book, Calvert and Mzu. How are they similar? How are they different? How are their ultimate experiences similar? What is the lesson that Hamilton wishes to convey through these examples?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)