|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kills Bonney?
2. How does Rubra kill the possessed?
3. In what region of Nyvalan do Mzu, Lodi, Voi and Eriba reach when they encounter possessed at their hotel?
4. When Samuel and Monica arrive at Nyvan, what asteroid do they find has been given up to the possessed?
5. Stephanie, her friends, and the children arrive at the town of _____ where the possessor Ekelund is gathering a force of possessed to combat.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bonney intent on killing Dariat?
2. What creates heavy conflict on Nyvan without any reason as the factions close in on Mzu trying to escape with the Alchemist?
3. How have the main characters of Mzu, Joshua, Liol, Samuel, Monica, and others grown by the end of the novel?
4. What happens when a possessed is killed?
5. What is the cliffhanger pertaining to Tranquility at the end of the book?
6. How can Gerard, Beth, and Rocio take down Kiera if they work together?
7. How does Quinn's operations room evoke images of genocide?
8. How is Rocio different from other souls that are possessed?
9. How is Rocio's hellhawk emblematic of his desire for freedom?
10. What does the revelation that Mzu's husband Peter was left on Beezling reveal about her motivations?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did Hamilton mean by calling the book "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict"? Cite an example or examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Rubra. What is his role in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict"? What was Hamilton trying to accomplish by creating Rubra's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Hamilton uses more than one iteration on the motif of intelligence. Identify at least two motifs about cunning and intelligence in the book. Then cite an example to support each answer.
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)