|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the Organization ships close in, who launches the Alchemist at the gas giant, setting it to its most destructive capabilities?
2. What are the possessed at the hotel of Mzu, Lodi, Voi and Eriba victims of?
3. What does Rocio need that is available from habitats and some asteroid stations in order to stay alive after he is injured?
4. Where are Jacqueline Coutier and the other possessed held by the Confederation Navy taken to determine if they should be held as prisoners or not?
5. Who is in danger of getting caught in the crossfire as space is full of combat wasps and nukes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Rubra. What is his role in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict"? What was Hamilton trying to accomplish by creating Rubra's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Hamilton uses some important instances of foreshadowing in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict." Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
"The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict" is particularly effective in conveying meaning through powerful imagery. Powerful imagery to establish connections in the minds of readers with the story's characters and plot. Imagery is the picture we form in our minds of the story we read. It can involve, visual, auditory, olfactory, gustatory, tactile, kinetic, and kinesthetic. Hamilton uses these imagery to translate words into a visual story that we can see and participate in within our minds. Describe the use of imagery in this novel.
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)