|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joshua a captain of?
2. Where does Quinn Dexter arrive to communicate with a gang lord?
3. What asteroid does the gang lord take Quinn and the others to?
4. Who is an alien race who committed suicide when faced with their own possessed problem?
5. What kind of intelligence agent is Monica?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when a possessed goes to zero tau?
2. How are the DeadKnights described in Chapter 1?
3. How does Quinn verify in his own mind the existence of a dark entity?
4. What is the cliffhanger pertaining to Tranquility at the end of the book?
5. What happens when a possessed is killed?
6. What does Capone miscalculate about the people of the Confederation?
7. How does Quinn view the planet Nyvan from above like a prophet?
8. What is the worst fear that Edenists have about death?
9. How is Joshua similar to Syrinx?
10. When is a person able to escape the Anstid?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did Hamilton mean by calling the book "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict"? Cite an example or examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Describe some of the settings for "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict." What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. How do these settings even if imaginary, reflect modern settings or culture? Why did the author choose to use these places in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict"?
Essay Topic 3
Hamilton employs bold and and effective language with some powerful symbolism. Choose an example of symbolism, briefly describe it, and identify the technique which it embodies.
This section contains 1,264 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)