|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of a mission is Mzu on?
2. Where does Joshua set a course for after helping Lambert to program the vector?
3. What kind of duty will Duchamp offer Capone's cargo?
4. What kind of CNIS or Navy intelligence office is Erick?
5. What has been planted on the ship, according to Pryor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bonney transform herself to attack Dariat?
2. How is Joshua similar to Syrinx?
3. What happens when a possessed goes to zero tau?
4. Why is Bonney intent on killing Dariat?
5. What is the cliffhanger pertaining to Tranquility at the end of the book?
6. Why does the younger generation fear the agencies looking for Mzu?
7. How is the landscape of Valisk like Rubra?
8. How is Syrinx considered a tourist?
9. Why do Dariat and Rubra want to fuse their powers?
10. How are the DeadKnights described in Chapter 1?
Essay Topic 1
Intuition has particular significance in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict." What is the significance of having intuition in the story? Who chases after intuition? Who has intuition? Who loses intuition? Who gains intuition? What does Hamilton ultimately say about intuition through the characters of Calvert and Mzu and what is the importance of this discovery and the characters' role?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Rubra. What is his role in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict"? What was Hamilton trying to accomplish by creating Rubra's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Hamilton uses more than one iteration on the motif of intelligence. Identify at least two motifs about cunning and intelligence in the book. Then cite an example to support each answer.
This section contains 1,226 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)