|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Syrinx go using the voidhawk that is mind-linked to a ship captain and meets aliens?
2. Who are hounding Capone's fleet at Arnstadt with guerrilla tactics that have taken the Organization by surprise?
3. Where will the Deadkids have to be taken according to Jed?
4. Where does Rubra notice Bonney, one of the possessed, getting close to one of the few remaining living humans in the habitat?
5. Who is Voi in relation to Ikele?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Quinn view the planet Nyvan from above like a prophet?
2. How is Rocio different from other souls that are possessed?
3. How is Joshua different from the Edenists?
4. As the book opens, why is Mzu on the asteroid?
5. How does Mzu escape detection from Joshua when she is busy concocting her plans for revenge?
6. How does Capone embody instead of instill fear for the people of the Confederation?
7. How do Joshua and the people of Ayacucho respond to near-death experiences?
8. What is the cliffhanger pertaining to Tranquility at the end of the book?
9. How have the main characters of Mzu, Joshua, Liol, Samuel, Monica, and others grown by the end of the novel?
10. How are the fates of Louise and Genevieve left uncertain at the end of the book?
Essay Topic 1
Describe some of the settings for "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict." What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. How do these settings even if imaginary, reflect modern settings or culture? Why did the author choose to use these places in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict"?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the depiction of these two male characters in the book, Calvert and Mzu. How are they similar? How are they different? How are their ultimate experiences similar? What is the lesson that Hamilton wishes to convey through these examples?
Essay Topic 3
Hamilton uses more than one iteration on the motif of intelligence. Identify at least two motifs about cunning and intelligence in the book. Then cite an example to support each answer.
This section contains 1,351 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)