|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jed when he manages to acquire the details of a starship captain?
2. Who is Capone's representative that Duchamp faces after the bomb is removed?
3. When Quinn oversees taking over Jesup, what does he oversee the building of?
4. What does Skibbow offer to pay for the DeadKnight kids to do?
5. What does Cochrane fix with Moyo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Erick realize about Duchamp when he is detaching the bomb?
2. While Rubra feels responsibility for the people he cares for and protects, are his motives altruistic?
3. What does Ralph struggle with letting go of when the government presses him?
4. As the book opens, why is Mzu on the asteroid?
5. Why does the younger generation fear the agencies looking for Mzu?
6. What happens when Joshua tries to exorcise a possessed man?
7. How is the landscape of Valisk like Rubra?
8. What does Capone miscalculate about the people of the Confederation?
9. Why is it ironic that Rubra cares about the people he protects?
10. How does Capone embody instead of instill fear for the people of the Confederation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict." Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 2
"The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict" is particularly effective in conveying meaning through powerful imagery. Powerful imagery to establish connections in the minds of readers with the story's characters and plot. Imagery is the picture we form in our minds of the story we read. It can involve, visual, auditory, olfactory, gustatory, tactile, kinetic, and kinesthetic. Hamilton uses these imagery to translate words into a visual story that we can see and participate in within our minds. Describe the use of imagery in this novel.
Essay Topic 3
Hamilton employs bold and and effective language with some powerful symbolism. Choose an example of symbolism, briefly describe it, and identify the technique which it embodies.
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)