|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Skibbow offer to pay for the DeadKnight kids to do?
2. What does Endron take Louise, Genevieve and Fletcher to get to help them travel from Mar's Moon?
3. Who is Capone's representative that Duchamp faces after the bomb is removed?
4. What is Joshua a captain of?
5. Where does Voi manage to acquire passage on the starship of her ex-lover?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Quinn verify in his own mind the existence of a dark entity?
2. What does Capone miscalculate about the people of the Confederation?
3. How is Joshua different from the Edenists?
4. How does Capone win at Arnstadt?
5. To whom does Capone appeal before going to war in the Confederation, and what is his message?
6. How is the landscape of Valisk like Rubra?
7. How is Joshua similar to Syrinx?
8. What motivates the possessed to help Capone?
9. How is Louise different once she leaves Norfolk?
10. What is the worst fear that Edenists have about death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Technology is a recurring theme in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict." What advancements occur in technology? Describe some of the tools, equipment, and changes. How accurate are they? Do these changes result in positive or negative consequences?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the depiction of these two male characters in the book, Calvert and Mzu. How are they similar? How are they different? How are their ultimate experiences similar? What is the lesson that Hamilton wishes to convey through these examples?
Essay Topic 3
Hamilton uses more than one instance of irony in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict." Cite at least two examples you can identify in the book and note why they are examples of irony.
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)