|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of a mission is Mzu on?
2. After visiting the Kiint, where does Syrinx go?
3. Where is the house that Syrinx goes to after visiting the Kiint located?
4. What are the medical packages called in "The Neutronium Alchemist"?
5. Who is Voi in relation to Ikele?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Syrinx considered a tourist?
2. How does Capone win at Arnstadt?
3. What is the worst fear that Edenists have about death?
4. What is the significance of the inverted cross for Quinn?
5. How is the landscape of Valisk like Rubra?
6. How are the DeadKnights described in Chapter 1?
7. What does the Admiral feel that any war fought against Capone will create?
8. How is Joshua similar to Syrinx?
9. Why does the Alchemist pose a threat?
10. How do Joshua and the people of Ayacucho respond to near-death experiences?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hamilton uses some important instances of foreshadowing in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict." Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
Choose a character that Calvert grows to like and become familiar with. How does their relationship evolve?
Essay Topic 3
Human origins are discussed at length in Foundations' Edge? How did humanity evolve?? How has humanity colonized and expanded its territory in the novel?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)