Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of a mission is Mzu on?
2. Where does Joshua set a course for after helping Lambert to program the vector?
3. What kind of duty will Duchamp offer Capone's cargo?
4. What kind of CNIS or Navy intelligence office is Erick?
5. What has been planted on the ship, according to Pryor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bonney transform herself to attack Dariat?
2. How is Joshua similar to Syrinx?
3. What happens when a possessed goes to zero tau?
4. Why is Bonney intent on killing Dariat?
5. What is the cliffhanger pertaining to Tranquility at the end of the book?
6. Why does the younger generation fear the agencies looking for Mzu?
7. How is the landscape of Valisk like Rubra?
8. How is Syrinx considered a tourist?
9. Why do Dariat and Rubra want to fuse their powers?
10. How are the DeadKnights described in Chapter 1?
Essay Topic 1
Hamilton uses more than one instance of irony in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict." Cite at least two examples you can identify in the book and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 2
The concept of good versus evil appears throughout the book. Who in your opinion is good? Who is bad? Why? Do these characters change over time? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Calvert and Mzu are two of the most active characters in determining the plot of the story.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different? Compare and contrast.
Part 2) What are some events that Calvert had a direct influence upon? What are some events that Mzu had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger and why?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)