|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fletcher glitches the machines carrying out the full body scan, what does Genevieve, Louise, and Endron realize about him?
2. When Joshua runs to the ship after dealing with the possessed man with Voi, how many Capone Organization ships arrive at the asteroid?
3. What does Endron take Louise, Genevieve and Fletcher to get to help them travel from Mar's Moon?
4. What kind of expert is Lodi?
5. What is Kiera a leader of at Valisk?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Syrinx considered a tourist?
2. How do the younger generation of the Garissan refugees differ from the older one?
3. What does Erick realize about Duchamp when he is detaching the bomb?
4. What is the significance of the inverted cross for Quinn?
5. What is the worst fear that Edenists have about death?
6. While Rubra feels responsibility for the people he cares for and protects, are his motives altruistic?
7. How does Quinn verify in his own mind the existence of a dark entity?
8. What motivates the possessed to help Capone?
9. Why does the Alchemist pose a threat?
10. What does Quinn's concept of religion encompass in terms of temples?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the depiction of these two male characters in the book, Calvert and Mzu. How are they similar? How are they different? How are their ultimate experiences similar? What is the lesson that Hamilton wishes to convey through these examples?
Essay Topic 2
Calvert and Mzu are two of the most active characters in determining the plot of the story.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different? Compare and contrast.
Part 2) What are some events that Calvert had a direct influence upon? What are some events that Mzu had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger and why?
Essay Topic 3
Human origins are discussed at length in Foundations' Edge? How did humanity evolve?? How has humanity colonized and expanded its territory in the novel?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)