|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is orbiting the planet Jupiter that Ralph Hiltch, Kelman and Prince Collis arrive at?
2. In whose lab is Jacqueline Couteur, the possessed soul the Confederation Navy studying?
3. Who is Tatiana in relationship to Anastasia?
4. What is the Nyvan's asteroid that Quinn lands upon?
5. When Joshua demands a blood test, what is the result regarding his brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is picking up Deadnight kids a good distraction for the hellhawks?
2. How do Joshua and the people of Ayacucho respond to near-death experiences?
3. What is the significance of the inverted cross for Quinn?
4. What does Capone miscalculate about the people of the Confederation?
5. How does Kingsley blackmail Erick about Duchamp?
6. How is Joshua different from the Edenists?
7. How are the DeadKnights described in Chapter 1?
8. How is Joshua similar to Syrinx?
9. Why does Capone want the Alchemist?
10. How is Louise different once she leaves Norfolk?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict." Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 2
Intuition has particular significance in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict." What is the significance of having intuition in the story? Who chases after intuition? Who has intuition? Who loses intuition? Who gains intuition? What does Hamilton ultimately say about intuition through the characters of Calvert and Mzu and what is the importance of this discovery and the characters' role?
Essay Topic 3
Psychic phenomena is another important theme of Hamilton's book. Where and how are these phenomena revealed and in what ways? Do they change over time? Do they evoke certain emotions in characters and do they promote change or transformation?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)