|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fletcher glitches the machines carrying out the full body scan, what does Genevieve, Louise, and Endron realize about him?
2. What kind of scientist is Mzu?
3. Who is arrested and taken to a secure cell after meeting the local CNIS?
4. What does Endron take Louise, Genevieve and Fletcher to get to help them travel from Mar's Moon?
5. Where is Jed when he manages to acquire the details of a starship captain?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Capone embody instead of instill fear for the people of the Confederation?
2. What is the worst fear that Edenists have about death?
3. How is Joshua similar to Syrinx?
4. Why does the younger generation fear the agencies looking for Mzu?
5. While Rubra feels responsibility for the people he cares for and protects, are his motives altruistic?
6. How is the landscape of Valisk like Rubra?
7. How do Joshua and the people of Ayacucho respond to near-death experiences?
8. How does Capone win at Arnstadt?
9. How is Louise different once she leaves Norfolk?
10. How does Quinn verify in his own mind the existence of a dark entity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Rubra. What is his role in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict"? What was Hamilton trying to accomplish by creating Rubra's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Hamilton uses more than one instance of irony in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict." Cite at least two examples you can identify in the book and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
Zero-tau is a form of stasis that will freeze a person or thing in the space-time-continuum. How does time move and change as a result? Which characters express this and in what ways? How is sensory feeling suspended?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)