|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What area does Capone decide to abandon as he goes to attack Toi-Hoi?
2. What is Cherri Barnes a crew member of?
3. When Duchamp refuses to take Kingsley on his ship, what does Kingsley say is on board the vessel?
4. Where is Mzu looking for help with her revenge mission?
5. In whose lab is Jacqueline Couteur, the possessed soul the Confederation Navy studying?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Louise different once she leaves Norfolk?
2. What creates heavy conflict on Nyvan without any reason as the factions close in on Mzu trying to escape with the Alchemist?
3. How have the main characters of Mzu, Joshua, Liol, Samuel, Monica, and others grown by the end of the novel?
4. What happens when a possessed goes to zero tau?
5. How can Gerard, Beth, and Rocio take down Kiera if they work together?
6. How is Quinn's deranged mental state evident in the bloody massacre of Dwyer?
7. To whom does Capone appeal before going to war in the Confederation, and what is his message?
8. How does Rocio going to Capone help Gerard in his mission?
9. How does Capone win at Arnstadt?
10. How do Samuel, Mzu, and Monica try to escape the possessed via the basin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Human origins are discussed at length in Foundations' Edge? How did humanity evolve?? How has humanity colonized and expanded its territory in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Technology is a recurring theme in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict." What advancements occur in technology? Describe some of the tools, equipment, and changes. How accurate are they? Do these changes result in positive or negative consequences?
Essay Topic 3
Zero-tau is a form of stasis that will freeze a person or thing in the space-time-continuum. How does time move and change as a result? Which characters express this and in what ways? How is sensory feeling suspended?
This section contains 1,333 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)