Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of a mission is Mzu on?
2. Where does Joshua set a course for after helping Lambert to program the vector?
3. What kind of duty will Duchamp offer Capone's cargo?
4. What kind of CNIS or Navy intelligence office is Erick?
5. What has been planted on the ship, according to Pryor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bonney transform herself to attack Dariat?
2. How is Joshua similar to Syrinx?
3. What happens when a possessed goes to zero tau?
4. Why is Bonney intent on killing Dariat?
5. What is the cliffhanger pertaining to Tranquility at the end of the book?
6. Why does the younger generation fear the agencies looking for Mzu?
7. How is the landscape of Valisk like Rubra?
8. How is Syrinx considered a tourist?
9. Why do Dariat and Rubra want to fuse their powers?
10. How are the DeadKnights described in Chapter 1?
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict." Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Hamilton employs bold and and effective language with some powerful symbolism. Choose an example of symbolism, briefly describe it, and identify the technique which it embodies.
Describe Rubra. What is his role in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict"? What was Hamilton trying to accomplish by creating Rubra's character in the novel?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)