|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What asteroid does the gang lord take Quinn and the others to?
2. When Joshua runs to the ship after dealing with the possessed man with Voi, how many Capone Organization ships arrive at the asteroid?
3. Who is an alien race who committed suicide when faced with their own possessed problem?
4. Who does Kiera think that Bonney should seek out and kill?
5. Who is Capone's representative that offers to give Kiera antimatter if she will send hellhawks to Capone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Capone want the Alchemist?
2. While Rubra feels responsibility for the people he cares for and protects, are his motives altruistic?
3. What is the significance of the sun of Omuta to Mzu?
4. How is the landscape of Valisk like Rubra?
5. How is Louise different once she leaves Norfolk?
6. How does Capone win at Arnstadt?
7. How do the younger generation of the Garissan refugees differ from the older one?
8. How does Quinn verify in his own mind the existence of a dark entity?
9. Why do Edenists question atheist beliefs after encountering the possessed?
10. What is the significance of the inverted cross for Quinn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did Hamilton mean by calling the book "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict"? Cite an example or examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Hamilton uses more than one instance of irony in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict." Cite at least two examples you can identify in the book and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
Hamilton uses more than one iteration on the motif of intelligence. Identify at least two motifs about cunning and intelligence in the book. Then cite an example to support each answer.
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)