|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Adok Dala?
2. The Neutronium Alchemist: Conflict, by Peter F. Hamilton is the _____ book in a six part series of science fiction books.
3. Who is Voi's ex-lover?
4. How many hours do the people on board the ship have to escape, according to Pryor?
5. Who is Voi in relation to Ikele?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Louise different once she leaves Norfolk?
2. Why do Edenists question atheist beliefs after encountering the possessed?
3. How does Kingsley blackmail Erick about Duchamp?
4. How is Joshua different from the Edenists?
5. How is Joshua similar to Syrinx?
6. What does Capone miscalculate about the people of the Confederation?
7. How does Mzu escape detection from Joshua when she is busy concocting her plans for revenge?
8. How does Quinn verify in his own mind the existence of a dark entity?
9. What is the worst fear that Edenists have about death?
10. How does Capone embody instead of instill fear for the people of the Confederation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Hamilton's use of humor in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why Hamilton used them where he did.
Essay Topic 2
Hamilton uses more than one iteration on the motif of intelligence. Identify at least two motifs about cunning and intelligence in the book. Then cite an example to support each answer.
Essay Topic 3
Technology is a recurring theme in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict." What advancements occur in technology? Describe some of the tools, equipment, and changes. How accurate are they? Do these changes result in positive or negative consequences?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)