|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of advanced technology do humans enjoy in "The Neutronium Alchemist"?
2. What does Skibbow offer to pay for the DeadKnight kids to do?
3. Who is Adok Dala?
4. What system does Erick's ship reach before it breaks down and falls apart on arrival?
5. What kind of universe is the "The Neutronium Alchemist" set in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Erick realize about Duchamp when he is detaching the bomb?
2. How is Joshua similar to Syrinx?
3. What does Quinn's concept of religion encompass in terms of temples?
4. What is the significance of the sun of Omuta to Mzu?
5. Why does Capone want the Alchemist?
6. To whom does Capone appeal before going to war in the Confederation, and what is his message?
7. What does Capone miscalculate about the people of the Confederation?
8. Why does the younger generation fear the agencies looking for Mzu?
9. What is the significance of the inverted cross for Quinn?
10. Why does the Alchemist pose a threat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Human origins are discussed at length in Foundations' Edge? How did humanity evolve?? How has humanity colonized and expanded its territory in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Technology is a recurring theme in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict." What advancements occur in technology? Describe some of the tools, equipment, and changes. How accurate are they? Do these changes result in positive or negative consequences?
Essay Topic 3
Calvert and Mzu are two of the most active characters in determining the plot of the story.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different? Compare and contrast.
Part 2) What are some events that Calvert had a direct influence upon? What are some events that Mzu had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger and why?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)