|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Capone's representative that offers to give Kiera antimatter if she will send hellhawks to Capone?
2. Where does Joshua set a course for after helping Lambert to program the vector?
3. What is the piece of clothing that will protect Erick from the vacuum of space?
4. When Joshua tries to exorcise the soul of a possessed man, what does he say that he is?
5. What is Cherri Barnes a crew member of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Capone miscalculate about the people of the Confederation?
2. How is the landscape of Valisk like Rubra?
3. To whom does Capone appeal before going to war in the Confederation, and what is his message?
4. What is the worst fear that Edenists have about death?
5. What motivates the possessed to help Capone?
6. How do Joshua and the people of Ayacucho respond to near-death experiences?
7. What does Ralph struggle with letting go of when the government presses him?
8. What is the significance of the inverted cross for Quinn?
9. As the book opens, why is Mzu on the asteroid?
10. How does Quinn verify in his own mind the existence of a dark entity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Intuition has particular significance in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict." What is the significance of having intuition in the story? Who chases after intuition? Who has intuition? Who loses intuition? Who gains intuition? What does Hamilton ultimately say about intuition through the characters of Calvert and Mzu and what is the importance of this discovery and the characters' role?
Essay Topic 2
Hamilton uses some important instances of foreshadowing in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict." Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Rubra. What is his role in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict"? What was Hamilton trying to accomplish by creating Rubra's character in the novel?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)