|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of a mission is Mzu on?
2. Who does Skibbow hear screaming when he walks down a corridor that is being threatened by three men?
3. What happens to Ikele, the ex-navy officer?
4. What is the region on the Kulu planet Ombey where Moyo is looking for transport?
5. What is Cherri Barnes a crew member of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Edenists question atheist beliefs after encountering the possessed?
2. Why is picking up Deadnight kids a good distraction for the hellhawks?
3. How is Louise different once she leaves Norfolk?
4. How is Syrinx considered a tourist?
5. How does Kingsley blackmail Erick about Duchamp?
6. How does Capone embody instead of instill fear for the people of the Confederation?
7. What does Erick realize about Duchamp when he is detaching the bomb?
8. How are the DeadKnights described in Chapter 1?
9. While Rubra feels responsibility for the people he cares for and protects, are his motives altruistic?
10. What motivates the possessed to help Capone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hamilton employs bold and and effective language with some powerful symbolism. Choose an example of symbolism, briefly describe it, and identify the technique which it embodies.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did Hamilton mean by calling the book "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict"? Cite an example or examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Calvert and Mzu are two of the most active characters in determining the plot of the story.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different? Compare and contrast.
Part 2) What are some events that Calvert had a direct influence upon? What are some events that Mzu had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger and why?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)