|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests forming an alliance with Kiera to Capone?
2. Who is arrested and taken to a secure cell after meeting the local CNIS?
3. Where does Joshua set a course for after helping Lambert to program the vector?
4. What are the medical packages called in "The Neutronium Alchemist"?
5. Who does Moyo meet that is straight from the hippy era of Earth on Ombey?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the landscape of Valisk like Rubra?
2. To whom does Capone appeal before going to war in the Confederation, and what is his message?
3. How does Capone win at Arnstadt?
4. As the book opens, why is Mzu on the asteroid?
5. How is Syrinx considered a tourist?
6. How do the younger generation of the Garissan refugees differ from the older one?
7. What is the significance of the sun of Omuta to Mzu?
8. What does Ralph struggle with letting go of when the government presses him?
9. How is Louise different once she leaves Norfolk?
10. Why is it ironic that Rubra cares about the people he protects?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Rubra. What is his role in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict"? What was Hamilton trying to accomplish by creating Rubra's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Intuition has particular significance in "The Neutronium Alchemist Conflict." What is the significance of having intuition in the story? Who chases after intuition? Who has intuition? Who loses intuition? Who gains intuition? What does Hamilton ultimately say about intuition through the characters of Calvert and Mzu and what is the importance of this discovery and the characters' role?
Essay Topic 3
The concept of good versus evil appears throughout the book. Who in your opinion is good? Who is bad? Why? Do these characters change over time? Why or why not?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)