|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the Organization ships close in, who launches the Alchemist at the gas giant, setting it to its most destructive capabilities?
2. Where does Oenone arrive when Syrinx informs Ione that Meredith Saldana is here to visit her?
3. Who survives being hit on the head by the possessed's white fire in the foundry before falling into a basin?
4. What is High York?
(a) An asteroid.
(b) A planet.
(c) A ship.
(d) A voidhawk.
5. What does Syrinx want to ambush Capone from attacking?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Mindor approaches Valisk with the Deadnights, who does Joshua find in bed with Gerard?
2. As Monica and Samuel attempt to leave with Mzu in the foundry, the possessed attack them, killing two operatives with a _________.
3. When the voidhawks engage the Organization ships in combat, what networks of the planet are forced to retaliate on Nyvan?
4. What kind of virtual reality program does Kelly run in her room?
5. What does the spaceship Beezling need to travel faster?
Short Essay Questions
1. When is a person able to escape the Anstid?
2. What is the power inherent in the Alchemist?
3. What could have the different factions on Nyvan achieved if they cooperated instead of bickered over Mzu?
4. What creates heavy conflict on Nyvan without any reason as the factions close in on Mzu trying to escape with the Alchemist?
5. Why are Quinn's officers afraid of him?
6. What does the revelation that Mzu's husband Peter was left on Beezling reveal about her motivations?
7. How have the main characters of Mzu, Joshua, Liol, Samuel, Monica, and others grown by the end of the novel?
8. How does Bonney transform herself to attack Dariat?
9. Why does Monica press a gun to Joshua's back after escaping the basin?
10. How does Quinn's operations room evoke images of genocide?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)