|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the Organization ships close in, who launches the Alchemist at the gas giant, setting it to its most destructive capabilities?
2. Who is reluctant at first to help Mzu in her ambush plans at Toi-Hoi?
3. What does Rubra jettison as Tatiana is rescued by the Edenist voidhawks?
(a) Escape pods.
(b) Time pods.
(c) Space pods.
(d) Life pods.
4. Where are Jacqueline Coutier and the other possessed held by the Confederation Navy taken to determine if they should be held as prisoners or not?
(a) A court.
(b) A mission.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A temple.
5. What is High York?
(a) A planet.
(b) A voidhawk.
(c) An asteroid.
(d) A ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where can Rubra be jettisoned in a life pod and picked up by the Edenist voidhawks?
2. What drive of Lady Mac is used to accelerate out of danger at forty-two gees?
3. What does Quinn throw at Twelve-T, burning his hands to expose the power cables in his wrists?
4. What is the weapon that Joshua has to destroy that Mzu tells him how to reach?
5. Who is in danger of getting caught in the crossfire as space is full of combat wasps and nukes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the fates of Louise and Genevieve left uncertain at the end of the book?
2. How have the main characters of Mzu, Joshua, Liol, Samuel, Monica, and others grown by the end of the novel?
3. In Chapter 9, how does the possibility of defeating Capone seem plausible?
4. Why do Dariat and Rubra want to fuse their powers?
5. Why is Bonney intent on killing Dariat?
6. How does Quinn's operations room evoke images of genocide?
7. How does Rocio going to Capone help Gerard in his mission?
8. How do Samuel, Mzu, and Monica try to escape the possessed via the basin?
9. Why is Rocio uncomfortable with the idea of working with the Edenists?
10. Why does Quinn torture the Christian priest?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)