|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the grandmother with whom Lulu is staying?
(a) Grammy Ruth.
(b) Nana Ruby.
(c) Mimi Rubee.
(d) Mimi Mae.
2. What are Lulu's parents fighting about?
(a) The kids.
(c) The house.
3. How does Lulu's grandmother react when Lulu asks to see Merry in the hospital?
(a) She screams at her.
(b) She ignores her.
(c) She gets a migraine.
(d) She throws a book at her.
4. Who is the guard who pats down Merry and Dr. Cohen at the prison?
(a) Officer Nesmith.
(b) Officer Newton.
(c) Officer McNulty.
(d) Officer Nabors.
5. Why does Aunt Cilla refuse to keep Lulu and Merry?
(a) She does not want Joey's children in her house.
(b) She does not have enough room for them.
(c) She is not mentally well.
(d) She can't afford to take them in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lulu begin to wonder after spending time with the person in #50?
2. What does Merry work up the courage to ask her father one day?
3. Which of the following is NOT a reason Joey gives for stabbing Merry?
4. What question does Merry ask Lulu regarding their new foster parents?
5. What do people call Lulu and Merry at Grandma Zelda's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. On Thanksgiving Day, how does Merry finally get her point across that she wants to see her father?
2. Into whose home do Lulu and Merry move in as foster children and what directions does Lulu give Merry about how to behave and what to say?
3. What pressures does Merry feel while living with the Cohens?
4. How does Lulu coyly work her way into Mrs. Cohen's sympathy?
5. Who tries to help Merry work through the emotions she has related to her father and his failed attempt to kill her on the day he killed her mother?
6. What reason does Joey give to Merry for why he stabbed her that day?
7. Who is Grandma Zelda?
8. How do family members treat Lulu and Merry because of their father?
9. What role has Lulu assumed early in her life?
10. What promise does Grandma Zelda force Lulu to make?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)