|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Merry's father when she visits him in Chapter 12?
2. How does Lulu feel about visiting with Grandma Zelda?
(a) She dislikes the visits.
(b) She is grateful for the visits.
(c) She tolerates the visits.
(d) She looks forward to the visits.
3. Who is the girl who threatens to harm Lulu with the weapon in #54?
4. What has Lulu been told regarding her father?
(a) Don't give him any money.
(b) Don't ride in a car with him.
(c) Don't let him into the house.
(d) Don't talk to him on the phone.
5. Where do Lulu and Merry live in Chapter 4?
(a) Their grandmother's home.
(b) Their aunt's home.
(c) A foster home.
(d) An orphanage.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the author compare Merry's eyes?
2. What do people call Lulu and Merry at Grandma Zelda's funeral?
3. Where does Lulu live after her mother's murder?
4. Who is the guard who pats down Merry and Dr. Cohen at the prison?
5. Who is Lulu and Merry's aunt who speaks particularly unkindly about Joey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who takes Merry to see her father in prison?
2. How do family members treat Lulu and Merry because of their father?
3. On Thanksgiving Day, how does Merry finally get her point across that she wants to see her father?
4. What surprises Lulu about her own feelings toward her father at the cemetery?
5. How do Joey and Celeste's passions eventually lead to murder?
6. Why is being foster children difficult for Lulu and Merry?
7. How does Lulu describe her parents in the first chapters of the book?
8. In what ways do Lulu and Merry learn lessons of abandonment early in their lives?
9. What conflicting emotions does Merry have when Dr. Cohen takes her to the prison to see her father?
10. What happens to Lulu's hopes for being adopted by the parents of a high school girl who volunteers to spend time with Lulu?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)