|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aunt Cilla refuse to keep Lulu and Merry?
(a) She does not want Joey's children in her house.
(b) She is not mentally well.
(c) She does not have enough room for them.
(d) She can't afford to take them in.
2. Where does Lulu refuse to go with Merry and their grandmother?
(a) To visit her father.
(b) To the mall.
(c) To BINGO night.
(d) To the cemetery.
3. What does Lulu note about her mother's headstone?
(a) It has an angel on it.
(b) It is very beautiful.
(c) It is very small.
(d) Her married name is deleted.
4. How does Lulu's father get into the house?
(a) He breaks down a door.
(b) He uses a key.
(c) He sweet talks Lulu into letting him in.
(d) He crawls in a window.
5. In which part of her body has Merry been stabbed?
(a) The neck.
(b) The back.
(c) The chest.
(d) The legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Cohen tells Joey that Lulu has a flair for _________________.
2. What fear does Merry express to Lulu one day?
3. Where is Joey found when Lulu returns with help?
4. What does Lulu's mother call out to Lulu to do as she fights with her husband?
5. How old is Merry Zachariah at the beginning of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What responsibility does Lulu feel toward Merry at the orphanage?
2. On Thanksgiving Day, how does Merry finally get her point across that she wants to see her father?
3. How do Joey and Celeste's passions eventually lead to murder?
4. What surprises Lulu about her own feelings toward her father at the cemetery?
5. What are some of the things that happen to Merry at the hands of bullies at the orphanage?
6. What happens to Lulu's hopes for being adopted by the parents of a high school girl who volunteers to spend time with Lulu?
7. Why is being foster children difficult for Lulu and Merry?
8. How do family members treat Lulu and Merry because of their father?
9. `What tragedy occurs as a result of Joey and Celeste's fight?
10. What reason does Joey give to Merry for why he stabbed her that day?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)