|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the bully take from Merry and her friends?
2. How old is Merry's father when she visits him in Chapter 12?
3. Where does Lulu's mother send Merry during the argument?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) Her bedroom.
(c) The neighbor's house.
(d) The shed.
4. Where does Lulu work in Chapter 11?
(b) The A&P.
(c) A movie theater.
(d) A diner.
5. Who is Lulu and Merry's paternal grandmother?
(a) Grandma Zelda.
(b) Grandma Zara.
(c) Grandma Joyce.
(d) Grandma Sue.
Short Answer Questions
1. A year later, what event do Lulu and Merry attend?
2. Why does Merry have an outburst at the table on the holiday in #73?
3. What does Merry wear to visit her father in prison?
4. What do people call Lulu and Merry at Grandma Zelda's funeral?
5. What are Lulu and Merry doing as the story begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who tries to help Merry work through the emotions she has related to her father and his failed attempt to kill her on the day he killed her mother?
2. What responsibility does Lulu feel toward Merry at the orphanage?
3. `What tragedy occurs as a result of Joey and Celeste's fight?
4. What role has Lulu assumed early in her life?
5. What are some of the things that happen to Merry at the hands of bullies at the orphanage?
6. What surprise do Lulu and Merry encounter at Grandma Zelda's funeral?
7. What obligation does Merry feel toward her father?
8. What surprises Lulu about her own feelings toward her father at the cemetery?
9. Who takes Merry to see her father in prison?
10. Who is Grandma Zelda?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)